Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Sources: Nerlens Cleared for Basketball Activities (Possible ASB Return?)

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10...-james-andrews

Philadelphia 76ers rookie center Nerlens Noel has been given the go-ahead by Dr. James Andrews to resume basketball-related activities and could be ready to take the court shortly after the All-Star break, sources told ESPN.com.

Noel, who suffered a torn ACL last February while playing for Kentucky, visited Andrews in Florida last week.

"He is doing excellent and the team is taking good care of him," Andrews told ESPN.com on Wednesday.

Andrews said he was unable to provide more information due to privacy laws, but sources told ESPN.com that Noel, the No. 6 pick in this past June's NBA draft, could return to game action within the next 4-6 weeks barring a setback.

"He tested really well and his knee looks great," one source said. "Dr. Andrews suggested he be cleared to do on-court drills, but the team still has to clear him."

CSNPhilly.com reported that Noel was seen playing one-on-one against assistant coach and former NBA big man Greg Foster on Tuesday.

Sixers general manager Sam Hinkie did not immediately respond to a call from ESPN.com seeking comment on Noel's progress.

How quickly the Sixers are prepared to get Noel back on the floor remains to be seen. First-year Philadelphia coach Brett Brown said in October that Noel's progress is "slow" and "everybody doubts he is going to play this year," but later softened those comments to leave open the possibility of Noel's return.

Widely assumed to be prioritizing its lottery position above anything else this season, Philadelphia started a surprising 3-0 without Noel. But the Sixers, apart from a recent four-game winning streak, have struggled mightily since and in last place in the Atlantic Division (12-25).

Yet, even so, they are just 3 games out of the eighth and final playoff spot in the weak Eastern Conference.

vCash
    Could be big news here, but maybe not. We'll obviously have to see if the team clears him, or they want to keep him out for the remainder of the season for precaution/tank reasons. But he could be ready to go next month.

vCash
    I doubt it.....
    Big ups to Phins1983 for the Sig!!!

vCash
    Brett Brown said Nerlens is far from game shape but "playing is playing". I dunno what the means.

I wonder if Brett is referencing a NBDL run for Nerlens to close out the season.
    Coulson Lives

vCash
    Just glad to know he is healthy...I am of the firm belief that Noel is gonna make the teams that passed on him..kick themselvesin the azz.....
    Big ups to Phins1983 for the Sig!!!

vCash
    Brett brown called him a center, said he's up to 228lbs and compared him to Noah and chandler....

Love that.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Soon we'll be reading about him doing more than shooting one handed in the corner by himself.

That's exciting.

And I'm hoping trades are amidst. Maybe two starting bigs as to the reason we're adding more bodies to our frontcourt.

vCash
    I got to see another morning workout the other week.

1) I agree that he's no where near basketball shape. Physically or mentally. IMO the 6 week time table is hopeful. He hasn't had any contact in a year. And he hasn't done a lot of twisting, turning, or planting with that leg.

2) Brett refers to him as a center at every chance. I think he's trying to kill any talk or idea of Noel as a PF.

3) Finally heard Noel talk. He likes being in Philly, but he's world class PISSED that he went 6th. And he's happy to be back around MCW.
    Coulson Lives

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FNM BOY View Post
    Just glad to know he is healthy...I am of the firm belief that Noel is gonna make the teams that passed on him..kick themselvesin the azz.....
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    Brett brown called him a center, said he's up to 228lbs and compared him to Noah and chandler....

Love that.
    Love it

vCash
    great news happy to hear all has gone well. i would like to see him get like 2-3 weeks in the D-league going like 15-20 a night and finish the season with us for the last 10-15 games or so

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 78 Yards: 1,207 TD: 10

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong:27804296
    Soon we'll be reading about him doing more than shooting one handed in the corner by himself.

That's exciting.

And I'm hoping trades are amidst. Maybe two starting bigs as to the reason we're adding more bodies to our frontcourt.
    Good news, he's already doing more than that.

He's been playing one on one with the asst coaches

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    great news happy to hear all has gone well. i would like to see him get like 2-3 weeks in the D-league going like 15-20 a night and finish the season with us for the last 10-15 games or so
    Yea. I'm in a tough spot with him.

I want to see him play. But not just token play. I want to see him do well right away to justify trading Jrue, and to prove we made a good move.

Buut, I don't want him to play too well because he might win us games.
    Coulson Lives

vCash
    I'm not worried about him winning games.

At most he's gonna start off playing like 10-12mins and at most he's going to be playing 20 by the end of the season.

That's if he plays at all.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    After MCW's impact I am.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    I'm not worried about him winning games.

At most he's gonna start off playing like 10-12mins and at most he's going to be playing 20 by the end of the season.

That's if he plays at all.
    That's what I'm thinking too

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast