Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Mortensen: Ray Horton, Jason Michael in lead for DC, OC positions

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports in-limbo Browns DC is the "leading candidate" to become the Titans new defensive coordinator.
    Mort adds that Chargers TEs coach Jason Michael is the favorite for the Titans OC job. Horton and Whisenhunt have worked together in the past. Horton was the DBs coach in Pittsburgh when Whisnehunt ran the offense. In 2011, Whisenhunt brought Horton over to the Cardinals to run his defense. Whisenhunt wants to run the 3-4 in Tennessee, which is what Horton prefers. Horton oversaw one of the league's most underrated units in Cleveland this past season. He's an aggressive play-caller. Akeem Ayers could be a nice fit at 3-4 OLB.
    Rotoworld.com via Mortensen's Twitter

I think we were all pretty excited about the prospect of Horton as the DC, so this is certainly good news. I can't say I know much about Michael, but considering Whisenhunt will likely call the plays I don't think it will matter much. This coaching staff is starting to take shape, and I'm pleased with the direction it's heading.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Lakers will make the playoffs this year and my bold prediction is they finish higher than the Rockets.
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdymez View Post
    And Lebron puts up great numbers, your right. Debate over. You win. Lebron is the greatest

vCash
    Horton would be a terrific addition!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Rotoworld.com via Mortensen's Twitter

I think we were all pretty excited about the prospect of Horton as the DC, so this is certainly good news. I can't say I know much about Michael, but considering Whisenhunt will likely call the plays I don't think it will matter much. This coaching staff is starting to take shape, and I'm pleased with the direction it's heading.
    This coaching staff is really starting to shape up as a great staff. I don't know much about Michael but with Whiz calling plays it still seems great.

vCash
    I didn't feel like creating another thread to discuss coaches, but I was surprised no one posted anything about Horton officially being announced as the DC. I'm thrilled with the signing, and I look forward to how he molds this defensive unit.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...on-as-teams-dc

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Lakers will make the playoffs this year and my bold prediction is they finish higher than the Rockets.
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdymez View Post
    And Lebron puts up great numbers, your right. Debate over. You win. Lebron is the greatest

vCash
    Thrilled with the Horton signing as well. Spanos, Cioffi & Mularkey seem to be fantastic additions as position coaches. Guys with real NFL, successful experience. This new coaching staff is night & day compared to Munchak's staff.