Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Worst championship team in the past 20 years.

We are always trying to find out who was the best, I wanna know which team you guys think had the worst roster, yet still went on to win the championship.

IMO it's between the 09,10, or 11 championship rosters.

vCash

vCash
    Butt hurt^? With all things considered, probably a top 5 championship team of all time when you ask people who appreciate team work and discipline.

Easily the 2006 Heat for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by WillisLovechild View Post
    First Tier:
    Calvin Johnson
    AJ Green
    Julio Jones
    Brandon Marshall
    Andre Johnson
    Larry Fitzgerald
    Dez Bryant
    Demaryius Thomas
    Michael Crabtree

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MonroeFAN View Post
    Butt hurt^? With all things considered, probably a top 5 championship team of all time when you ask people who appreciate team work and discipline.

Easily the 2006 Heat for me.
    Pretty much everything that was said here.

That Pistons team was fun to watch. Also, no way in hell does a bad Championship team take down a Laker team with Prime Shaq, Prime Kobe, Malone, and Payton (Older but still playing better than average starters) and HCA so easily

Also consider that the team made it to the Finals Back-to-Back, pushed the other Western Conference Dynasty in San Antonio to 7 games (Including winning Game 6 on their home court to stay alive till another day), went 64-18 the next year and constantly were in the ECF over the 2000s, they definitely weren't bad lol

Either Miami in 2006, or Dallas in 2011.

Leaning Towards the First Heat Championship team though, b/c everyone other than Wade was not playing at their best or age was starting to take its toll
    Last edited by Cal827; 01-15-2014 at 09:55 AM.
    On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krrys11 View Post
    The Pistons might not have had the best talent, or much of it, but they definitely aren't the worst team to win a championship in the past 20 years.
    Last edited by NYKnickFanatic; 01-15-2014 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Typo

vCash
    Lakers related signature, Check...

Butthurt, Check...

Open shut case.

As far as our talent level, will the world see another player like Rasheed Wallace? Ben was a once in a lifetime defensive talent, a prime RIP was an efficient 20 PPG scorer, Chauncey was an MVP candidate a few seasons after, and Tayshaun was a great glue guy. Our bench had Mehmet Okur who went on to land a near max contract the following season, Corliss Williamson (former 6th man of the year), Mike James and Lindsey Hunter who were an absolute nightmare for opposing back courts, Elden Campbell who was an excellent back up center. Not to mention one of the greatest coaches of the generation.

I think we were super talented. No need for me to go any further, Cal filled in the blanks with his post.
    Last edited by MonroeFAN; 01-15-2014 at 10:00 AM.
    First Tier:
    Calvin Johnson
    AJ Green
    Julio Jones
    Brandon Marshall
    Andre Johnson
    Larry Fitzgerald
    Dez Bryant
    Demaryius Thomas
    Michael Crabtree

vCash

Butthurt, Check...

Open shut case.

As far as our talent level, will the world see another player like Rasheed Wallace? Ben was a once in a lifetime defensive talent, a prime RIP was an efficient 20 PPG scorer, Chauncey was an MVP candidate a few seasons after, and Tayshaun was a great glue guy. Our bench had Mehmet Okur who went on to land a near max contract the following season, Corliss Williamson (former 6th man of the year), Mike James and Lindsey Hunter who were an absolute nightmare for opposing back courts, Elden Campbell who was an excellent back up center. Not to mention one of the greatest coaches of the generation.

I think we were super talented. No need for me to go any further, Cal filled in the blanks with his post.
    ^Overly defensive much? Jeez. It's his opinion, chill dude.

As for me - I'm gonna go with 2011 Mavericks, 2009 Lakers, or 2006 Heat.

vCash
    LMAO, 09-10 Lakers were STACKED.

Kobe, Gasol, Bynum with Odom off the bench?

Not to mention, Ron Artest was still an all star caliber player the year before he joined LA and sacrificed his game (fell off a cliff since then).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    LMAO, 09-10 Lakers were STACKED.

Kobe, Gasol, Bynum with Odom off the bench?

Not to mention, Ron Artest was still an all star caliber player the year before he joined LA and sacrificed his game (fell off a cliff since then).
    If you're responding to me, I'm talking about the 2008-2009 Lakers. Don't get me wrong, they were a really good team (obviously you have to be to win a title), but compared to other championship teams in the last 20 years (Duncan's Spurs, others Lakers teams, Jordan's Bulls, Lebron's Heat, etc), they aren't as impressive IMO. Just my opinion, though.

The NBA overall was pretty bad that year. They didn't really have to face anyone in the playoffs... I mean, they played the Magic in the finals. Melo's Nuggets were pretty good I guess in the WCF. But compared to playoff tests that other championship teams have faced in the past, this was a cake walk.

For the record though, I'll put them ahead of the '06 Heat and the '11 Mavs if it makes you happy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post

Butthurt, Check...

Open shut case.

^Overly defensive much? Jeez. It's his opinion, chill dude.

As for me - I'm gonna go with 2011 Mavericks, 2009 Lakers, or 2006 Heat.
    I dont see that as me being overly defensive. I see it as someone running their mouth just to run it. I don't like when people have no facts to support their opinion, maybe if we stop promoting this type of behavior this place won't be so damn annoying.
    First Tier:
    Calvin Johnson
    AJ Green
    Julio Jones
    Brandon Marshall
    Andre Johnson
    Larry Fitzgerald
    Dez Bryant
    Demaryius Thomas
    Michael Crabtree

vCash

Worst championship team in the past 20 years.

should i excuse ignorance because it's the nice thing to do?
    First Tier:
    Calvin Johnson
    AJ Green
    Julio Jones
    Brandon Marshall
    Andre Johnson
    Larry Fitzgerald
    Dez Bryant
    Demaryius Thomas
    Michael Crabtree

vCash
    '06 Heat. How does a Wade led team win a championship?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justinnum1
    Wade will be a lot better next season now that he got knee surgery. Hate on. - 7/31/2012

vCash
    I dont see that as me being overly defensive. I see it as someone running their mouth just to run it. I don't like when people have no facts to support their opinion, maybe if we stop promoting this type of behavior this place won't be so damn annoying.
    should i excuse ignorance because it's the nice thing to do?
    I mean... One person mentioned the Pistons (didn't run his mouth at all, like you claim) and you freaked out calling him a "butt-hurt" Lakers fan.

Lindsey Hunter and Mike James were "nightmares" for opposing backcourts? Elden Campbell was an "excellent" backup center? "Top 5 championship team of all time"? Haha.

Yeah, I'd say you were being overly defensive.

vCash
    It's easy to say Detroit of '04 but they were a defensive juggernaut. That series probably should have been a sweep. I think I recall in game 2, Kobe hit a tough 3 or something just to prolong the game.

Miami '06 is probably a good choice. They weren't bad, but there were a few teams that year who could have just as easily won the title.

vCash
    Least talented Championship team in the past 20 years was the 2006 Miami HEAT?

How about those Lakers rosters with Lindsay Hunter, Rick Fox and Samaki Walker starting? Rotation players such as Slavo Medvedenko and Mark Madsen. You guys are complete idiots when it comes to basketball IQ.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast