Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Is the Seahawks secondary the NFL's grabbiest group?

ďI think thatís probably myth,Ē Cosell said. ďWhen you watch tape, everybody does stuff. Itís just youíre talking about a good team thatís in the spotlight, very visible, with a lot of talkative guys. And I can tell you right now Ė and I know in San Francisco they may not like to hear it Ė thatís the best secondary in football and itís not close.

"Earl Thomas is hands down the best free safety in the game, thereís probably no one in the discussion. (Cornerback Richard) Sherman, if you just watch Sherman on film, the guy is unbelievable. Itís the old Michael Irvin discussion about him pushing off. After awhile, itís irrelevant. If the flagís not out, then it doesnít matter. Itís not a hold.Ē

As the Wall Street Journal recently noted, the Seahawks led the NFL in pass-interference penalties (13) this season. They also had 10 defensive-holding penalties.
    - Greg Cosell
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    woo another pointless sea hawk thread!

yes, everyone knows the seahawks have the best secondary in the league

vCash
    This thread is probably going to get negative feedback but the notion that we're getting away with crazy penalties is group talk - it's just snowballed.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash

Is the Seahawks secondary the NFL's grabbiest group?

Yes.

/thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportfan View Post
    woo another pointless sea hawk thread!

yes, everyone knows the seahawks have the best secondary in the league

You'd know all about pointless threads, right? You sure got upset when I said your thread was pointless. Look at it now, buried with very little discussion (only discussion was the thread actually being worthy of discussion). This thread can actually bring a debate.

Pot, meet kettle.
    Last edited by Ian.; 01-15-2014 at 05:52 AM.

vCash
    What's the point of this thread? If anyone says "Yes, the Seahawks grab a lot and get away with it" then a bunch of Seahawks fans are gonna PM each other to team up and flame whoever said it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan88 View Post
    What's the point of this thread? If anyone says "Yes, the Seahawks grab a lot and get away with it" then a bunch of Seahawks fans are gonna PM each other to team up and flame whoever said it.
    Is that what happens?

I've only PM'd a few Seahawks fans and it's about fantasy football or baseball.

Everyone knows they're a physical secondary. Are they the most physical? Nobody knows that answer. Unless you're watching film on every single play of the season, there's no way to know that. Now the attention has been called to it so you're going to see it all the time. That's how things work in the NFL.

Either way, they're the best secondary in the NFL. Now, is that BECAUSE of their willingness to be physical? Maybe. Maybe not. THAT is what this discussion should be about.

vCash
    Do they grab a lot? Sure
    Co they get caught a lot? Sure

But is there a secondary watched as much as them? No
    And I think that's what leads to their perception of being grabby. Whenever you have cameras on you all play every play, of course you are going to see plenty of things that you wouldn't see normally. So I think their reputation is earned, but not really all that different from other secondaries.
    Warning, my sig is NSFW. But hot damn is it hot:

Click here to see how awesome.

vCash
    Doesnt matter. Its one of the most talented group I have ever seen. They are young and physical.

Me and my Boy.
    No halo.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

vCash
    Call them the most physical secondary in the league, but don't complain about the refs making "bad calls", that's all I see on FB or hear at the bar.

vCash
    Yes they do get away with things that other teams don't, but to be honest that's how all CB's and safety's should be allowed to play. As a WR, you should know going in that you are going to have to be physical right back.

vCash
    My question is, where do the 13 PI and 10 DH penalties rank among teams? They are one of the best groups in terms of talent, but if those penalties do add up to the most then the title of "grabbiest" would be accurate. This of course would then start the corus of "refs are watching them more because of reputation", which is fine, but if the talent is there, locking guys down should be doable without having to be as physical yes?

49ERS PSD 7 Round Mock Results
    1st Round:Kelvin Benjamin WR FSU
    2nd Round:Trent Murphy OLB Stanford
    2nd Round:Donte Moncrief WR Ole Miss
    3rd Round:Keith McGill CB Utah

vCash
    Edited in fear of getting a future infraction.
    Last edited by Brewer94; 01-15-2014 at 08:38 PM.

vCash
    they do seem to get away with murder everytime i watch them
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathew:27802260
    Call them the most physical secondary in the league, but don't complain about the refs making "bad calls", that's all I see on FB or hear at the bar.
    Ture. If ypur going to play physical then at times you might have a bad call or 2.

Me and my Boy.
    No halo.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast