Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Red Wings @ Rangers

@

Date: January 16th, 2013
    Time: 7:00
    Where: Madison Square Garden

SCORING LEADERS
    DET: Points-Henrik Zetterberg (36) Goals-Pavel Datsyuk (15) Assists-Niklas Kronwall (24)

NYR: Points-Brad Richards (34) Goals-Chris Kreider (12) Assists-Brad Richards (23)

vCash
    The good: Howard should back for this one along with us calling up Jurco. Frazen is skating and could be back soon along with Dats and Alfie being day-to-day. Ericsson plans on playing in the Olympics so he should be back relatively soon.

The Bad: Weiss isn't anywhere close and I have heard a peep about Helm returning which scares me. Marchenko has been sent back down. Gustavsson, as far as I've seen has been ruled out until late this week at the earliest but as of Jan. 11 he hadn't taken any shots in practice.

Edit: Tatar will not be available for this one.
    Last edited by LionsFan..LOL; 01-16-2014 at 01:47 AM.

vCash
    I hate to use injuries as an excuse but just about any team would be doing poorly with the injuries we've suffered.
    You need centerman that can play two ways and if they donít play two ways in the end, you canít win, because the guy you are counting on canít get himself on the right side of the puck enough. So sure he can score, he can score but his team loses every night, I didnít know that was the objective. I thought winning was the objective. So if you centers canít play down the middle, and canít play without the puck, you have no chance.
    - Mike Babcock

vCash
    Detroit Red Wings forward Pavel Datsyuk said he’s not yet ready to return from a lower body injury and won’t travel to New York for Thursday’s game against the Rangers (7 p.m., FSD).

Forward Daniel Alfredsson (back spasms) did not practice today. Forwards Darren Helm (groin) and Johan Franzen (concussion) and defenseman Jonathan Ericsson (ribs) skated, but Wings coach Mike Babcock said there was “no possibility of getting anybody back” for Thursday’s game.
    That none of the day-to-day players are ready to return after a three-day break between games seemed to irk Babcock.

“I’ve said this a number of times this year — enough to make me want to puke — I’m going to focus on the players that are here,” Babcock said.
    I can sympathize with you coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedWings13 View Post
    I hate to use injuries as an excuse but just about any team would be doing poorly with the injuries we've suffered.
    For real no team could be in the top spot in the conference with all the injuries we've had.. There was a game last month where we had 8/9 of first 3 lines out of the game. That's pretty ridiculous.
    That being said we've also played less games than every 1-8 team other than Boston, and the Leafs are 3 pts ahead of us with 3 more games. I'm still hoping we're in it when we get healthy because I still think we can make some noise in the playoffs unless the injury plague is still going on then.
    How do you say magic in Russian?

Don't forget about the Gustav

vCash
    They just said Andersson is now also out for this one. Emmerton called up in his place.

vCash
    Damn damn damn. Should have 2 or 3 goals if it weren't for Lundqvist really making some tough saves. Great pp with nothing to show for it.

vCash
    Are we going to keep Big E up here now? This was his 10th game and now he is going to have to pass through waivers. I doubt he clears waivers if we try to send him back down.....

vCash
    Well there went the game......

vCash
    **** ****ity **** **** ****
    How do you say magic in Russian?

Don't forget about the Gustav

vCash
    Two games without a single goal is out unacceptable...What are we going to do with Emmerton, do we risk waivers and send him back down to the AHL, do we trade him, if we keep him up who are we sending back down???
    The wings at this point and our current gameplay, we are barely going to squeak into the playoffs this year.

vCash
    Two straight games two 1 goal losses. This team needs to ge healthy and they'll be dangerous. I like the effort they showed the last 2 games but realistically they aren't a good enough team right now to beat anaheim or even NYR.

vCash
    I read somewhere that we may be interested in Ott.....I wonder if we are going to be doing a Cory Emmerton for Steve Ott trade?

vCash
    You do realize Emmerton was on waivers at the beginning of the season right? If no team wanted him for free.....
    You need centerman that can play two ways and if they donít play two ways in the end, you canít win, because the guy you are counting on canít get himself on the right side of the puck enough. So sure he can score, he can score but his team loses every night, I didnít know that was the objective. I thought winning was the objective. So if you centers canít play down the middle, and canít play without the puck, you have no chance.
    - Mike Babcock

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedWings13 View Post
    You do realize Emmerton was on waivers at the beginning of the season right? If no team wanted him for free.....
    No I did not.....But possibly throwing a draft pick in with the trade......It may make people bite.....
    We honestly need to do something, I know players are injured and once we get our players back in the lineup, we will improve, but even that won't solve some of our line issues....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast