Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Exclamation [Soccer Sim League] Lounge: Where I picked Neymar again

*YOU DO NOT NEED TO HAVE THE GAME*

Random idea that I got. In a similar fashion to a redraft and a sim league.
    Two ways of going ahead actually.

a) I'll create the teams into the FM14 editor, make sure that all teams have the same reputation, stadiums, attendance etc. [I'll clear any injuries and bans that occur during the season and ensure that no transfers are made automatically]. Each team will get to pick a Director of Football who will run the club in terms of hiring staff but he will not proceed with any transfers.
    You will be allowed to make transfers with other members and you will be able to agree on transfer bids. Due to the nature of the transfers, the person intending to buy must definitely be online after the transfer has been accepted.

b) Most things will be similar as above but bans and injuries will stick to make it a more real time challenge. You may draft a coach. A Director of Football will be redundant this way. You may or may not select the formation/tactics/lineup of the team but the safest thing is to let the manager do his thing. The draft begins with the coach; since it's better to let the coach 'run' the team, you better see what kind of coach you have before drafting players so that they can fit his system. If you are unknown on what the coach's system is on FM14(which 99% of the time reflects real life), I will be posting all the details right after the selection. So for example member A selects Jcoach Z, I will state that his preference is 4-3-1-2 and prefers a direct play etc

Feel free to mix them up and come up with other ideas of how to implement this.

During the season, one real life day = 1 matchday (be it league game or cup game)
    During the off-season, one real life day = 2 weeks

Season will run August-May and there will be 1 league, no relegation and 2 cups. One of the cups will be two legs (even the final) while the other will be only a single leg.
    The league will be created in a new country that is not part of UEFA and it will be very prestigous on its own. It will be very rich so the teams can have a large budget (I'll get into the semantics after I see there is interest for this)

Each team will draft 20 players. The manager the DoF has appointed for you will sort the lineup each time. If we go by option A that is.
    As far as players who are not drafted by anyone, a secret list will be sent to me by every 'gm' with 10 players they are allowed to sign in case they become free agents or in case they wish to spend their budget.
    These 10 players are irreplaceable. Transfers will only be available during the off season, so no January window.

I will be posting any worthwhile news concerning the teams every day. That will include player unhappiness, player injuries etc.

All the players will receive 3 year contracts and their pay will reflect the round they were picked on.

The players, including the 10 'secret' ones, will automatically be retired from international football so that they don't end up leaving at any given date.

Ideally, we need 20 teams. You require no knowledge of the game in order to participate nor do you need to have it. Ideally again, we run this for 3-5 seasons, before the fake players emerge. The 'default' database will be used.

I will be posting screenshots (or links to screenshots, depending on what the mods say) of the teams, of the match reports and generally of anything deemed necessary.
    Consider this as an alternative NBA of football(soccer )

So.. who's in?

Team owner
    Name:
    Nationality:
    City of birth:
    Date of birth:

Team
    Name:
    Preferred formation:
    Colours:

*obviously team owner name is a random name you wish to have in-game, DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES think that this implies the use of your actual details!!!
    Last edited by NYKalltheway; 01-16-2014 at 12:39 AM.

vCash
    so this is sort of like the NBA sim league that PSD has going on? if so, this could be fun. i've actually attempted to find something similar for football out there but without luck. isn't this gonna be a lot of work for you though? i've played FM on occasion and you gotta be committed to get any results out of it

if we get people i could be down for this. random player improvements in ratings and form are also involved i'm assuming?

vCash
    Yeah, most player improvements are random.

It's not a biggie for me. I'm very experienced with the FM editor. It will mostly take me 5-6 hours of my time.

Another thing that I forgot to add.
    Each member may 'create' an owner for their team (any name, nationality, date of birth etc) who will have their team as their favorite so that they don't leave and have an 'underwriter' status. That means that whenever the club is in debt, they will have this rich owner remove the debts and keep it working properly.

Actually, I'll make a new post so that people can copy and make it their 'sign up' post.

And yes, it's sort of a sim league.
    Last edited by NYKalltheway; 01-14-2014 at 10:20 PM.

vCash
    Team owner
    Name:
    Nationality:
    City of birth:
    Date of birth:

Team
    Name:
    Preferred formation:
    Colours:

*obviously team owner name is a random name you wish to have in-game, DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES think that this implies the use of your actual details!!!
    Last edited by NYKalltheway; 01-14-2014 at 10:22 PM.

vCash
    Since a few people asked. This does not require any of your time really, maybe sporadically. I'll be doing all of the work during the season unless you want to be more active (ie change formations etc). You will be mostly required to be active, if you elect, during the offseason which will be the transfer period or in case any of the 'secret 10' players are available to sign on a free within 6 months of contract expiry, or in case you wish to extend your players' contracts.

vCash
    Team owner
    Name: Zinedine Zidane
    Nationality: Algeria
    City of birth: Algiers
    Date of birth: 01/01/1977 ???

Team
    Name: Red Star Belgrade
    Stadium name: Red Star
    Preferred formation: 4-2-3-1
    Colours: Red & white

so long as i eventually geta player named zidane i'm down for this

vCash
    Ideally this should be done with completely made up teams in real life cities as I don't want to relocate older teams for technical reasons (club info, history, some things are hard coded, need to re-do other leagues completely). Having a team called Red Star in any random location wouldn't be an issue though. Red Star Boston for example

Thanks for participating

edit: Just gonna say that 'creating' an owner is optional.

All you need to do in order to participate is to 'create' a fictional team.
    Last edited by NYKalltheway; 01-15-2014 at 02:48 AM.

vCash
    Awsome!!! been waiting for something like this for a while. I know you said that we draft a manager but can we create and edit the tactics as well? Or even use tactics that we've made in other saves? Also can we view the database on our own FM or is it soley run on your PC?

vCash
    Team owner
    Name: Johann Wolfgang Goethe
    Nationality: German
    City of birth: Frankfurt am Main
    Date of birth: 28. August 1949

Team
    Name: TSG Tübingen
    Stadium name: Philosophers Yard
    Preferred formation: 41221
    Colours: Black and White

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Germa_Rican View Post
    Awsome!!! been waiting for something like this for a while. I know you said that we draft a manager but can we create and edit the tactics as well? Or even use tactics that we've made in other saves? Also can we view the database on our own FM or is it soley run on your PC?
    It's going to be the default database. I'll provide links for current abilities, potential abilities, explaining what they mean etc so that people who do not have the game or do not understand the concepts don't get the feeling that others are cheating.

The good thing is that most 'gems' have random potential so you know they'll be good but no idea if they're going to be legendary good or not. While the figure of the CA/PA doesn't always reflect on the ability of players.
    I've had players with 112 CA be the fans' favorite players for 5 years in a row while I've had players with 120-140 CA on the same team.
    There are many factors.

As for tactics and coaches. Well, I'm still unsure whether we draft Director of Football rather than coaches. Because the thing is, I want to manage these teams. The best way to do this is by having human managers that will not make random bids, won't sell the players right away etc.
    You can restrict the Director of Football to do only a few things such as hire a coaching staff (assistant coach, fitness coach, gk coach etc).

So everyone will be able to use their own tactics if they wish and I'll provide a guide for them to create them. Each team is allowed a maximum of three but only 1 will be used by the 'simulation' unless the gm wants to chagne the default one. The advantage of having more than 1 is that the players get better accustomed to the tactics.

And once more, I'd suggest you guys CREATE teams that do not exist. That is the only demand I have from you. I don't want to corrupt the database in any way by having to duplicate clubs.

vCash
    Thanks for the further explanation. I agree that a DoF would be a bad idea. For some reason they tend to make pretty bone headed moves no matter how good of a DoF you hire! A manager is an good idea especially if some people havn't made their own tactics on FM before. Nevertheless, I think it would be more fun if everyone created and managed their own tactics (switching between home and away tactics e.g.) and oversaw the signing of players and personell; would make for a much more interesting game me thinks.

And I'll give you a team that isn't real in a minute... thought that the Tübingen team was so far down the ranks that it wouldn't be in the editor database.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Germa_Rican View Post
    Thanks for the further explanation. I agree that a DoF would be a bad idea. For some reason they tend to make pretty bone headed moves no matter how good of a DoF you hire! A manager is an good idea especially if some people havn't made their own tactics on FM before.
    On the contrary, I sort of prefer the DoF as that way transfers will not be made without my authorisation in-game, hence what people want is what they will get. An AI managed team will do things the gm doesn't want it to.
    And having a DoF who will then hire assistant managers etc, a gm will be able to say that he wants the assistanst to do everything in terms of the matches (as I'll have it for training, match preparation etc). The DoF will only be there to hire scouts, coaches, physios, assistance etc.

If a team is not corresponded to a human manager, then there is no way to do what the gm wants. It's all simulated.
    Perhaps, I could sim 2-3 seasons this way as well to see what the results are like but it's very prematre. So far we only have 2 people signing up and I guess I'm going to have a team as well.
    I want a minimum of 16 teams. No maximum, but it has to be even numbers so that everypne plays on a league matchday.

P.S: Since all teams will have the same reputation, ambitions etc, some will end up sacking their managers. So in order to keep this alive, a new human manager will replace the one that gets sacked. The idea is that we OWN the teams, not manage them. But we can 'Berlusconi' it up a bit and demand that our tactics are going to be enforced
    Last edited by NYKalltheway; 01-15-2014 at 04:40 AM.

vCash
    I would need full control of tactics.

Sim League Spurs
    Gary Payton | Tim Duncan
    2000-01: NBA Finalist
    2001-02: First Round

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John Walls Era View Post
    I would need full control of tactics.
    That's the way it's going to happen most likely. There's not really any other alternative other than to give the option to people to simply ignore tactics. But those who wish to control their tactics may do so. As I said, I'll provide a guide with all the details when we get started.

vCash
    I got your VM, I'll give it a go, is this real players or computer generated players?

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast