Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Sestito Picks Up 27 Penalty Minutes In One Second.

For anyone who didn't see it last night, Sestito attacked Nolan on the face-off. Nolan never dropped the gloves and Sestitio continued to throw punches at him. Sestito picked up a 5-minute fighting major, a 2-minute penalty for instigating the fight, a 10-minute misconduct and a game misconduct.

Here is a link to a video that shows what happened....

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...5406--nhl.html

Should Sestito be suspended?

Non~Bruins Watch
    Filip Forsberg
    31GP / 13G / 18A / 1.00PPG / +24

vCash
    Yea it was a wtf moment for sure. It's kind of wack Nolan didn't fight though.

vCash
    Whoevers announcing that game I think we can just assume is straight up ********.

vCash
    Truculence.

vCash
    Sestito went to the Pittman Institute of Thuggery.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebbs View Post
    Smart not to. Look at the penalties he received and Nolan gets away unscathed from the officials.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebbs View Post
    It was a ***** move. He took a run at Henrik Sedin, than Sesisto challenged him at the faceoff and he didn't drop the gloves. What happened to the honour system in hockey? Answering the bell if you take a run at a star? Just a total ***** move.

vCash
    God forbid someone misses a check on Sedin. You never HAVE to fight in hockey. That's just ridiculous

vCash
    He slewfooted him. Listen if you're a 4th liner, and you take a run at the other teams best player and captain, and that team perceives it as a cheap shot, then you fight. That's hockey.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    He slewfooted him. Listen if you're a 4th liner, and you take a run at the other teams best player and captain, and that team perceives it as a cheap shot, then you fight. That's hockey.
    I don't know if you can call that a slewfoot. Probably would have been a clean hit if Sedin didn't bail out on it, but because he bailed out it made the whole thing look awkward.

My opinion...Nolan didn't have to drop the gloves in this situation. Especially against a guy like Sestito. I get the feeling that if Bieksa steps up to the plate here, so does Nolan. No need for a complete mismatch and a dumb trade off on Nolan's part.

vCash
    The definition of a slewfoot must change every time someone feels like using the word. At worst it was a charge. But he missed the hit. I don't think I've ever seen someone fight after a missed hit.

vCash
    I think it's about time to stop the fighting in the NHL

vCash
    Luckily players will never sign off on that. Least not current

vCash
    Funny no one is calling for a suspension. More shocking is this thread isn't 10 pages deep with how this guy is a thug and the team is full of goons. Guess it goes on a team by team basis.

Non~Bruins Watch
    Filip Forsberg
    31GP / 13G / 18A / 1.00PPG / +24

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    Funny no one is calling for a suspension. More shocking is this thread isn't 10 pages deep with how this guy is a thug and the team is full of goons. Guess it goes on a team by team basis.
    Either that or its the consequences after the fight which leads to suspension. If Nolan had to be stretchered off, there would probably be a Thronton like suspension

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast