Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Detroit Lions are hiring Jim Caldwell

“@AdamSchefter: Detroit Lions are hiring Jim Caldwell as their head coach, per a league source.”

vCash
    Solid fallback option. I don't think he had a fair chance in Indy after what happened to Peyton.
    A famous quote on PSD, from the one, the only;

CCRider

I hate to break it to ya like this amigo but nobody here is really too concerned with what you want like or need....ok? If a thread isn't for you do like everyone else, walk on by...ok?

vCash
    Freaking awesome hire. Better than Lovie in TB.

The guy has a great offense and has been dealing with scrubs. I can't wait to see what he does with the weapons in Detroit.

vCash
    As a Bears fan, I'm fine with this. Glad its not Wisenhunt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFtw View Post
    Solid fallback option. I don't think he had a fair chance in Indy after what happened to Peyton.
    I dunno. I always felt that he wasn't easy to give/take credit from BECAUSE of Manning. Manning more or less runs his own offense. All Manning needs is a defensive minded coach or a coach who makes sound decisions. I'd have much rather seen Caldwell take over a team that didn't have an elite QB, especially considering he's an offensive-minded guy. I did like how the Ravens changed once he took over the playcalling last sesason though. He'll definitely have an offense to work with in DET.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I dunno. I always felt that he wasn't easy to give/take credit from BECAUSE of Manning. Manning more or less runs his own offense. All Manning needs is a defensive minded coach or a coach who makes sound decisions. I'd have much rather seen Caldwell take over a team that didn't have an elite QB, especially considering he's an offensive-minded guy. I did like how the Ravens changed once he took over the playcalling last sesason though. He'll definitely have an offense to work with in DET.
    Yeah, for sure. And I totally understand them firing him after a 2-14 season, or whatever it was. But I just think, that team, so much hinged on mannings health, as soon as he was gone, the whole team crumbled.

I do like what he did with the Ravens as well. He got them in a groove.
    A famous quote on PSD, from the one, the only;

CCRider

I hate to break it to ya like this amigo but nobody here is really too concerned with what you want like or need....ok? If a thread isn't for you do like everyone else, walk on by...ok?

vCash
    How do you guys like what he did in Baltimore? He made the ravens pass happy, and I'm sure some of Ray rice's struggles were because of the changes to the offense.

I think this is a terrible hire, but he is still probably better than Schwartz.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    How do you guys like what he did in Baltimore? He made the ravens pass happy, and I'm sure some of Ray rice's struggles were because of the changes to the offense.

I think it all hinges on whether or not the players think he is. Schwartz never had complete control of the team. A number of Lions players doubted his abilities and it showed in the product on the field. Lots of big egos, big personalities and big paychecks in Detroit's locker room. They've got the talent, they need to believe in what Caldwell's selling.

vCash
    almost the exact opposite of schwartz
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post

Baltimore's roster is disgusting dude. What was he supposed to do? He had no O-line and no receivers. Teams stacked the box against Rice, who wasn't even that good to begin with.

I'll be honest, I wanted the wiz... but I have zero issues with this hire.
    Quote Originally Posted by WillisLovechild View Post
    First Tier:
    Calvin Johnson
    AJ Green
    Julio Jones
    Brandon Marshall
    Andre Johnson
    Larry Fitzgerald
    Dez Bryant
    Demaryius Thomas
    Michael Crabtree

vCash
    Very happy for Caldwell. He seems much better suited to be a Head Coach than an OC anyway.

He might not have even been back this year with us because our offense was so abysmal. Hopefully we don't promote from within and interview guys like McAdoo for our open OC position
    Detroit Pistons: SIM LEAGUE CHAMPS

Jrue Holiday-Bradley Beal-Lance Stephenson-Kevin Love-DeMarcus Cousins

Miami HEAT and Baltimore Ravens TM

vCash
    Great hire.

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    I just don't get it. Why not hir Greg Roman?

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    I am stunned to see Wisenhunt in Tennessee. Caldwell is not bad though. He's a B/B+ coach though. I don't see him as an elite coach in any way.

vCash
    Detroit get ready for dumb clock management.

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast