Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Does the 49ers' Window Close if They Don't Win Sunday?

I would be concerned if I am a 49ers fan. They have been herald as the best team in the league for a couple years now and been knocking on the door. The NFC Championship 2 years ago and the Super Bowl last year but this year is up in the air. I feel like this should be the year they break through but with the whole Home Field advantage going to Seattle and the way they struggle up there I just think if they lose this Sunday their championship window might be closing. Shame too because I was pulling for people like Vernon Davis and Frank Gore to get rings but they are really no guarantees in this league anymore.

vCash
    No team in the league has won more games in the last three years. What a shame Williams fumbled away our shot vs the Giants. What a shame an obvious holding penalty wasn't called vs Baltimore. Now here we are again.

I do see us coming up short vs Seattle, not just us but everyone. That home field advantage they have is unlike any other, it gives the Seahawks a huge advantage.

No I don't think the window is closing, we have enought young talent and a great coach to be a force for years down the road. It's the style we play with, that old.....we run/stop the run....and we make it work. People forget we might have the next Frank Gore already there.
    Last edited by CCRider; 01-14-2014 at 02:39 AM.

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    Let's not be silly. If the Packers are opening a new window with the same team, our window is more like an open glass door.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/B-Hop/Ward/Rigondeaux/Wlad/Cotto/Froch/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    No. We have 13 draft picks, a young QB who is only going to improve, a relatively young WR in Crabtree and some high paid aging players we can cut to make more cap space (Gore/Rogers and perhaps even one of our 4 pro bowl linebackers). Seattle is the team with a free agency/cap problem and only 4 draft picks. The Niners should be OK for at least 2 more seasons.

vCash
    Not to mention FA's would be knocking on our door a dime a dozen, it wouldn't be hard to attract the best. Play under Harbaugh, for that red and gold, and become a part of that history? Players would be taking major pay cuts for a chance at winning it all with the 49ers.

Well, you get the point.
    Last edited by lol, please; 01-14-2014 at 02:45 AM.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/B-Hop/Ward/Rigondeaux/Wlad/Cotto/Froch/Maidana

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CCRider View Post
    No team in the league has won more games in the last three years. What a shame Williams fumbled away our shot vs the Giants. What a shame an obvious holding penalty wasn't called vs Baltimore. Now here we are again.

I do see us coming up short vs Seattle, not just us but everyone. That home field advantage they have is unlike any other, it gives the Seahawks a huge advantage.

No I don't think the window is closing, we have enought young talent and a great coach to be a force for years down the road. It's the style we play with, that old.....we run/stop the run....and we make it work. People forget we might have the next Frank Gore already there.
    Thats what I mean like Seattle is not going anywhere at all. How can you guys win it all within the next two years. If you guys lose Sunday I think it is a setback for the Niners

vCash

Do The 49ers Window Close If They Don`t Win Sunday?

They have some players that are due for a pay raise soon but if they keep drafting well I think they will be just fine. I have faith in Harbaugh and our front office to put a good team on the field for years to come.

vCash
    Not closing at all... plenty of young talent, lots of draft picks.
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = 12-4
    Warriors = 51-31 Making it rain!
    A's = 59-36 Back to Back AL West Champs!
    WINNING!

vCash
    do they have a lot of free agents or something? i thought they were pretty young. the window isn't closing if they are keeping most of their players
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    SF, Seattle's, and Car's window is just now opening.

Window is closing on teams like Saints, Dallas, GB.
    #BanMiltstar

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    SF, Seattle's, and Car's window is just now opening.

Window is closing on teams like Saints, Dallas, GB.
    I mostly agree on this (though our window has barely opened yet considering we still haven't gotten out of cap-hell that Marty Hurney left us in). But GB will have their window as long asRodgers is playing, and he's got another 5-8 years of elite play left. Saints should fall off the planet in another two years.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

vCash
    Not a bit

They've drafted exceptionally well the past couple of years and they've got another high stock of draft picks. Jim Harbaugh has been a exceptional and they've got already extremely young talent on the roster. They'll be fine and even if they lose to Seattle will be in a battle with them next season again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hamburger View Post
    No. We have 13 draft picks, a young QB who is only going to improve, a relatively young WR in Crabtree and some high paid aging players we can cut to make more cap space (Gore/Rogers and perhaps even one of our 4 pro bowl linebackers). Seattle is the team with a free agency/cap problem and only 4 draft picks. The Niners should be OK for at least 2 more seasons.
    We have seven picks (1, 2, 4, 5, 5, 6, 7) and all it takes is a release of Bryant/Mebane, Rice, and possibly Miller. SEA, GB, and SF are all great at drafting. They each shouldn't be worried about their long-term chances.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketLoc80 View Post
    Thats what I mean like Seattle is not going anywhere at all. How can you guys win it all within the next two years. If you guys lose Sunday I think it is a setback for the Niners
    Windows usually close when the salary cap becomes an issue. Fresh contracts vs high paid veterans playing at the same performance level is where you start seeing a difference. When you start retaining too much old blood at higher prices and getting lesser performance is when you start having trouble. Seattle is going to have some rough choices in two more years. I'm not familiar with the 49ers contract issues coming up. QB cost for both clubs will skyrocket and thus diminish potential FA talent they can bring in to help. Look at what happened to Baltimore when they had to give up so much to Flacco. They could no longer afford Boldin. What happens to the 49ers when Kaep goes to 15-20 million a year? Thats two high priced FAs they cannot get. Seattle will see the same trouble with Thomas, Sherman and Wilson. Where will they recover/sacrifice those funds?
    Internet gamblers warning: Do NOT use Sports Interaction. They will steal your bankroll with hidden "administration fees" if you don't lose your money to them while betting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppuku View Post
    Windows usually close when the salary cap becomes an issue. Fresh contracts vs high paid veterans playing at the same performance level is where you start seeing a difference. When you start retaining too much old blood at higher prices and getting lesser performance is when you start having trouble. Seattle is going to have some rough choices in two more years. I'm not familiar with the 49ers contract issues coming up. QB cost for both clubs will skyrocket and thus diminish potential FA talent they can bring in to help. Look at what happened to Baltimore when they had to give up so much to Flacco. They could no longer afford Boldin. What happens to the 49ers when Kaep goes to 15-20 million a year? Thats two high priced FAs they cannot get. Seattle will see the same trouble with Thomas, Sherman and Wilson. Where will they recover/sacrifice those funds?
    Exactly. Good post. I wanted to say something like this but knew it would be discredited immediately because i'm a 49er fan. We both will have some tight cap issues coming up, but I think the 49ers will have more wiggle room than the Seahawks over the next few years. Alot of our fans are already accepting the fact Gore might not be back, but most of us assume we will retain the rest of the key players.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast