Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jsthornton7 View Post
    Which power forward might be a better NBA prospect than Randle?

Pelton: I find myself leaning toward Indiana's Noah Vonleh as the better freshman power forward. On a per-minute basis, their numbers are fairly similar. Randle is the better scorer, but there are a couple of reasons to favor Vonleh. First, because he reclassified, Vonleh is almost nine months younger than Randle and won't turn 19 until next August. Second, his steal rate is more than three times better than Randle's and solidly above average for a big man.

Ford: It's not just the numbers that are starting to lean toward Vonleh. In the past week, I've had several NBA scouts tell me that they are now leaning toward him over Randle. That's a major change. Vonleh has been regarded as a top-10 pick, but this is the first time I'm hearing teams project him as a potential top-five pick -- and getting drafted ahead of Randle.

Why? He's bigger and longer, which are two factors that scouts obsess about. He also has, in the past few weeks, stretched his game out into the perimeter. In his past four games, Vonleh is 7-for-9 from behind the arc. His stroke looks really pure and he's beginning to look comfortable on the perimeter.

He also has a higher rebounding rate than Randle on the defensive boards. Plus, he shoots nearly 20 percent better from the field at the rim (70.1 percent to Randle's 50.2), he's more accurate on his 2-point jumpers (40.9 percent to 36.6) and much more accurate in his 3-point shooting (55.6 percent to Randle's 11).

So Vonleh is younger, taller, longer, shoots better from the field and possesses a better rebounding rate than Randle. The question we really should be asking ourselves is: "Why exactly is Randle ahead of Vonleh on the Big Board?"
    I understand the questions about Randle, but I would still take him over Vonleh. Maybe I'm alone on this but I think the guy can be similar to Blake.

vCash
    I'd probably go with Aaron Gordon over both of them, but I haven't seen much of them.

Wiggins had a pretty good game tonight though. Lakers just 2 games back of the 3rd worst record

vCash

Dante exum

i think he's a lock to be a laker..he choose rob pelinka makes sense since rob is the agent of kobe..he is the future of LA!!!

vCash

Dante exum

Lock to be a laker? Idk bout that.. There's no for sure thing in the nba draft or any draft for that matter.. What if lakers somehow get a top 3 pick? I'd be kinda upset if they went with exum there tbh because they would be reaching and would leave Parker embiid or wiggins on the table.. Now if they pick around 5 or 6 and grabbed exum, I'd love it cuz I like his game.. I just think right now there are others I'd put above him..

Your baby can't do this

vCash

Dante exum

His draft stock is definitely rising for sure tho

Your baby can't do this

vCash
    ok

vCash
    Pelinka is also Iguodala's agent. Is he going to the Warriors?

He's also Harden's agent. Is Exum going to the Rockets?

Meaningless.

vCash
    There's a long time to go before we need to worry about who to draft. I prefer to see how they respond to the pressure of the NCAA tournament before I say for sure....those are the games that count. It is there you'll find those able to step their games up.
    Last edited by royal bob; 01-28-2014 at 12:04 PM.

vCash
    A lock? I like him but...really?

vCash
    Chad Ford ‏@chadfordinsider 5h
    Breaking: Australia’s Dante Exum (No. 4 Top 100, No. 1 PG) to declare for NBA Draft; hires agent Rob Pelinka http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2014/sto...2014-nba-draft

Chad Ford ‏@chadfordinsider 5h
    Pelinka represents Kobe Bryant, James Harden, Andre Iguodala & Andre Drummond among others. Getting Exum a huge prize.

Dylan MacNamara ‏@DylanMacNamara 32m
    Our first video on Dante Exum is live. @JaredZwerling spent a week with him in Australia. Dude looks smooth... http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...2014-nba-draft

vCash
    Quote from the ESPN video on Rob Pelinka:

"Pelinka (Kobe's agent) is known to steer his players to certain teams. Exum will not be made available to every team and could go lower in order to go to a specific team."

Last edited by jsthornton7; 01-28-2014 at 01:29 PM.

vCash
    Embiid is by far the #1 pick, and its not even close! Wiggins and Parker are neck and neck for#2. Id give it to Wiggins based on his Defense, which goes overlooked more times than not. KU is the ultimate TEAM BALL system, so stats are a lil deceiving when evauluating their players numbers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimotox View Post
    Pelinka is also Iguodala's agent. Is he going to the Warriors?

He's also Harden's agent. Is Exum going to the Rockets?

Meaningless.
    That's a really bad argument. Lakers are a lottery team in a position to draft him. Rockets are not. Warriors are not. Regardless of whether it's meaningless or not, Lakers have a high chance to have the opportunity to draft him as things currently stand.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cirzti View Post
    i think he's a lock to be a laker..he choose rob pelinka makes sense since rob is the agent of kobe..he is the future of LA!!!
    I would love to have Exum here. I just watched a video of him here:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...2014-nba-draft

The guys looks driven. He watches everything all the other draft prospects are doing, he practices before practice, and comments on winning game 7 of the finals.

vCash
    What's next for Exum?

Exum will spend the next few weeks in Australia before heading to Los Angeles to begin preparing for the draft. He'll be working with a pro trainer to add strength and endurance and to also polish his game.

-Chad Ford

Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast