Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

are we really going to keep monte kiffin...

Nothing confirmed yet obviously but I listen to talkin cowboys and the break podcasts, and on talkin cowboys Brian said he's seen monte in his office and everything and he seems upbeat and he's not getting the vibe that he's about to get fired. I would rather see them just promote marinelli than keep monte around, Callahan is staying and will still be calling plays, I'd be at a loss for words if everything stays the same. Does anyone want them to keep monte?

vCash
    I do. They already made the mistake of firing Ryan after an injury filled season. Firing Kiffen prolly means losing Marinelli as well. If they were to hire a 3-4 coach that would be a major set back. Not to mention this Defense played outstanding in division games so there's something there. Held the leagues best offense the eagles to 27 points in two games. We've crucified JJ for being hair trigger but now he gives coaches more than three seasons or in kiffens case one and we jump down his throat for not firing them. If the offense plays the same and the D is ranked 26 next year they prolly win two more games. Can't get any worse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikel816 View Post
    I do. They already made the mistake of firing Ryan after an injury filled season. Firing Kiffen prolly means losing Marinelli as well. If they were to hire a 3-4 coach that would be a major set back. Not to mention this Defense played outstanding in division games so there's something there. Held the leagues best offense the eagles to 27 points in two games. We've crucified JJ for being hair trigger but now he gives coaches more than three seasons or in kiffens case one and we jump down his throat for not firing them. If the offense plays the same and the D is ranked 26 next year they prolly win two more games. Can't get any worse.
    Really? I'm sure most people said last year, if the offensive line improved, they would probably win two more games. Now it's if their defense is ranked at least 26th next year, then they'll probably win two more games...

vCash
    I think Kiffin deserves to have next year (this upcoming season) with a healthier unit before judgment is passed on him...I have said a few times that his defense is predicated on a pass rush and when you have guys off the street starting, you aren't getting any push....thus, IF they draft wisely on the DL, perhaps sign a young FA DL or two and get healthy (including Crawford and Bass), then the pass rush should be better...with a better pass rush, the back 7 will look A LOT better....health alone could get the unit in the 16-20 range IMO....

vCash

are we really going to keep monte kiffin...

Idk, he got ran out of college and was fired by his own son. On top of that idk how much help he's going to get next year with not a lot of cap room to work with and when it comes to the draft well see. I hope for his sake and our sake that they do get him some help (specifically a pass rusher or 2) but there are a lot of holes with or without injury. Obviously mo and Carr are underperforming who knows what will be for them. Barry church and scandrick played well, Ware didn't look healthy at all again well see, Sean lee hasn't stayed health, and every other position on defense should be an open competition. I predict they are ranked 25-32 in defense next year and then monte will "retire" but I really hope not

vCash
    this whole concept of not making the same mistake with monte as we did with ryan is flat out dumb. Open your minds. Just because rob ryan moved on and did a good job with the saints does not mean he would have or should have been the right guy in dallas.

There are so many differences from one team to another that you can't measure whether a team made the right decision to release, trade, or let someone go who then has success in another city. It's a fallacy, but that's the sort of ideology that keeps a fan a fan and not a GM of a professional multimillion/billion dollar franchise.

The casual fan looks at one thing and forgets numerous other reasons. Stadium, players, personnel, weather, fan base, salary, schedule, scheme, drafting ability, budget, owner, the list goes on. The casual fan looks as says "wow Rob Ryan is doing great, boy we messed up in letting him go" as if all the success is based solely on Rob Ryan and Rob Ryan alone. If that's the correct logic he should have done wonders regardless of the situation he is in because the outcome is only based on Rob Ryan.

It's just flat out stupid. The same fans who preach "we win and lose as a team" then go ahead and claim we made a mistake by letting Ryan go because Ryan is doing a good job elsewhere when his success is based only on him, not the players executing the plays he calls, or the coach drafting the correct players, or the schedule and teams and weather they play in. Nope it's only on one man. Stupid
    Last edited by thedon01; 01-14-2014 at 10:52 AM.

"
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

vCash
    Monte Kiffin sucks as a DC and has for the past few seasons, the problem here is personel and heart which we lack on the defensive side of the ball. Every offseason I preach the need for some football thugs and everybody always disagrees and wants the soft good guys.Well as we see again soft good guys=8-8 seasons for 3 straight years. We need a charles Haley type personality on the defensive side of the football not a D Ware. This team is to soft which is why they get the arse beat up and down the field every week. As soon as we find a nasty leader on the defensive side of the ball the defense will be top notch, because other players will follow his lead.
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

vCash
    I keep hearing that Kiffin will stay, but not as a DC, but as a consultant.

vCash
    Again with the hyperbolic statements. No he doesn't suck. Go back and look at the way the D played versus the division. There's something there. They just need to get the right pieces in place. Yup monte got fired by lane which in my opinion is a positive because lane is a joke and so was that USC program. Coaching college is way different than the pros and no it's not easier. Ryan's production in NO was not the point it was that you don't fire coaches after one season. That's just plain dumb. Especially after switching schemes. And Don if you read what I said it had nothing to do with his success in NO. It was about not firing a coach after one poor season especially one riddled with injuries and after a scheme change. And yup the o line got better but the D got worse and so if the improvement of the o line would've won them 2 more games the D lost those 2. Putting them right back at 8-8. This defense will be a lot better next year. How come nobody addresses the fact that firing means losing Marinelli and possibly other staff members linked to Kiffen so it would be another new scheme with an almost entirely different staff. 3 schemes in 3 years is that what this team needs?

vCash
    Monte's system depends on the pass rush. Please draft some monster tackles and ends that can get to the qb.

vCash
    If JJ is going to keep the coaches due to us being injury riddled....again. I think that he should go on record and put every coach's job on the hot seat before the season starts. With a good stern statement that he will not be satisfied with a mediocre or decent season and unless we get deep in the playoffs, nobody is safe.
    After this upcoming season, there are no excuses. Jerry has wasted the last 5 years of cowboys history. I am tired of the complacency of our head coach and JJ needs to make these guys feel like they are the ones in a contract year and their future depends on this upcoming season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikel816 View Post
    Again with the hyperbolic statements. No he doesn't suck. Go back and look at the way the D played versus the division. There's something there. They just need to get the right pieces in place. Yup monte got fired by lane which in my opinion is a positive because lane is a joke and so was that USC program. Coaching college is way different than the pros and no it's not easier. Ryan's production in NO was not the point it was that you don't fire coaches after one season. That's just plain dumb. Especially after switching schemes. And Don if you read what I said it had nothing to do with his success in NO. It was about not firing a coach after one poor season especially one riddled with injuries and after a scheme change. And yup the o line got better but the D got worse and so if the improvement of the o line would've won them 2 more games the D lost those 2. Putting them right back at 8-8. This defense will be a lot better next year. How come nobody addresses the fact that firing means losing Marinelli and possibly other staff members linked to Kiffen so it would be another new scheme with an almost entirely different staff. 3 schemes in 3 years is that what this team needs?
    First,
    Winning in college is extremely difficult because you only have players for 3-5 seasons. Very difficult to build a championship team unless your stock piling top recruits.

Second,
    I never mentioned you by name

Thirdly,
    There's always a problem with this team, if it isn't the oline this year its the secondary, if it isn't the secondary it's the linebackers, etc. This team has no identity, no front office control, no authority, and would prefer to make headlines in the media than make championship clubs.

Lastly,
    You don't have a crystal ball and you don't know if this defense will be good next year or if marinelli and others would leave because of a Kiffin departure. That's all assumptions.

We can argue day and night over who's the right coach, who we should draft, who we should sign, and what we should do, but none of it will change. Every year the same song is played. And until the thick headed fans realize they have to forgo a few games or a season of football in support of change you're always going to get the same outcome.

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Albert Einstein.

“As a dog returns to its vomit, so fools repeat their folly”

King Solomon

"

vCash
    Looking at the opponents for next year, I see them finishing 6-10. They finished with a 5-1 record against division opponents and still finished 8-8. Obviously, I would like to see them sign some young free agents and make good draft choices. But this core group, max potential is finishing 8-8. Three straight years of 8-8 proves my point. No identity, need new culture. Last year: fix the offensive line ... This year: fix the defensive line ... Next year: fix the secondary. Since they keep finishing 8-8, Jerry believe this team is close to reaching the playoffs. So he'll end up making a couple moves, that'll keep fans optimistic for next year.

I been saying this team needs fresh faces. New leaders or should I say TRUE leaders. Every year this team has the worse cap situation, yet they finish 8-8. Now someone is saying if they're defense was ranked 26th, then they'll had at least two more wins. Seriously? This team find ways to lose. As long people are talking about the Cowboys, Jerry is satisfied.

vCash
    @Romo2Bryant - Well said! Straight to the point.

Optimism is one thing, but reality is another. Some people will always talk about how good they think we'll be (future tense) and then ignore the reality of being a .500 team over the better part of 2 decades. We have a multibillion dollar palace, one of the most iconic names in sports history and we're an average team. The proof is in the record which can't be denied.

All Jones cares about is popularity. He knows how to market a team. His business savvy has earned him billions, but his football prowess has earned him mediocrity. All decisions run through him and he's a .500 GM. His decision making halts the success of this team, meaning some of the players drafted and signed under his watch may not be as good as he's marketed them to be.

The sad thing is Jones has made the Cowboys a household name meaning they're bound to have bandwagon fans that join up every year. This means even the simplest of a fan will toss their money into the wallet of Jones. It takes the lifer to back away both from attendance and television to put the heat on Jones to get out of the way. Since Jones has built the Boys on the buck it's the only thing that will get his attention.

We can all come up with numerous ways to fix the Cowboys and talk about it until we're all blue in the face, but unless the loyal fan is able to put the Cowboys aside to make their voice heard we're only embarrassing ourselves.

"

vCash
    Yea I'm upset for taking 07 for granted..I honestly thought we were gonna be good for years to come after that season. Four straight years without postseason and one win in almost twenty years.we're pathetic.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast