Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Should Detroit trade Greg Monroe?

Will they be able to re-sign him? With the signing of Josh Smith I think it would be best for them to try to trade Monroe. He should have decent trade value although it doesn't look like he has been progressing much as a player. I could be wrong about that, just going off dummy stats. How much would you pay this guy? I have no idea if he plays good D but with Smoove in the fold I would think they could improve their team D by moving Smoove to PF. I don't think they'll be able to get anything for Smith and if you trade him 3 months into his 1st season it sends a horrible message to future potential FA's. Monore could at the very least net them a player or 2 that will allow them to have a more balanced lineup.

Would you're team have anything to offer Detroit? Would you want your team to go hard after a guy who is still very young but who may have already hit his ceiling? Would you want your team going after him knowing he is a FA and players of his ilk cost major $$$$$. I think he should be traded. Detroit screwed up big time signing Josh Smith. Usually making another move to cover up a bad move isn't a good thing. In this case it might be. Detroit is currently in 7th in the east and with any kind of strong finish will make the playoffs. I think they could improve their team by trading their best asset. I think teams in the east like Toronto and Boston who are in playoff position should be buyers at the deadline. There would be a market for Monroe for sure. What would you do with him?

vCash
    Cant believe they signed Josh Smith, so ****en stupid. Now they are stuck with him and might have to let Monroe go.

vCash
    Turner for Monroe. Solves everything. Both RFA and could use a new team.

vCash
    It's become very obvious that Monroe is best at the Center position and not the PF spot. He needs to be under the rim to be at his best. At the 5 Hes definatley a 16-18ppg with 10-11rpg who can also get 4apg if you run the offense through him. He has some of the best footwork in the league as far as big men are concerned. Which is how he breaks down a defense with crafty spin moves and such because of his lack of athleticism.

His defense does suck though but it may be limited because of the lack of athleticism. With Drummond being the future center of the team I really don't see how we can afford to resign Monroe who plays the same position as Drummond. So I think he will be traded if not by the deadline then a sign n trade in the offseason. He would be great with a guy like Davis who can defend versatile forwards and stretch the floor with his shot. He's just can't compliment Drummond.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RipCity32 View Post
    It's become very obvious that Monroe is best at the Center position and not the PF spot. He needs to be under the rim to be at his best. At the 5 Hes definatley a 16-18ppg with 10-11rpg who can also get 4apg if you run the offense through him. He has some of the best footwork in the league as far as big men are concerned. Which is how he breaks down a defense with crafty spin moves and such because of his lack of athleticism.

His defense does suck though but it may be limited because of the lack of athleticism. With Drummond being the future center of the team I really don't see how we can afford to resign Monroe who plays the same position as Drummond. So I think he will be traded if not by the deadline then a sign n trade in the offseason. He would be great with a guy like Davis who can defend versatile forwards and stretch the floor with his shot. He's just can't compliment Drummond.
    Interesting. It almost sounds like Smith is a better fit on the team than Monroe? Maybe the team had foresight in the signing knowing they would move Monroe?

vCash

Should Detroit trade Greg Monroe?

They need to move Monroe at the deadline and then move smith to pf position. Monroe will command 10-11 million per yr next season and Detroit would be wise not to resign him. I think they should target a sf in any trade opportunity

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Turner for Monroe. Solves everything. Both RFA and could use a new team.
    This does make a lot of sense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracka2HI! View Post
    Interesting. It almost sounds like Smith is a better fit on the team than Monroe? Maybe the team had foresight in the signing knowing they would move Monroe?
    Smith is a better fit in the traditional sense but Josh Smith is a huge Knuckle head at times despite all his talent. Which is something we all already know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracka2HI! View Post
    This does make a lot of sense.
    Turner a pretty good passer so can possibly help run the offense and let Jennings shoot a bit more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RipCity32 View Post

His defense does suck though but it may be limited because of the lack of athleticism. With Drummond being the future center of the team I really don't see how we can afford to resign Monroe who plays the same position as Drummond. So I think he will be traded if not by the deadline then a sign n trade in the houtoffseason. He would be great with a guy like Davis who can defend versatile forwards and stretch the floor with his shot. He's just can't compliment Drummond.
    When I said that last year, I got shouted down loudly by Detroit fans saying I didn't know what I was talking about.

I do disagree that they should start by looking to move Monroe. They should try to move Smith first because, even out of position, Monroe seems like a better PF to pair with Drummond. If all they do is break even on Josh Smith and find someone to take his contract for a 2nd round pick, they're better off. Smith is inconsistent, makes poor decisions, and is apparently difficult to coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    When I said that last year, I got shouted down loudly by Detroit fans saying I didn't know what I was talking about.

I do disagree that they should start by looking to move Monroe. They should try to move Smith first because, even out of position, Monroe seems like a better PF to pair with Drummond. If all they do is break even on Josh Smith and find someone to take his contract for a 2nd round pick, they're better off. Smith is inconsistent, makes poor decisions, and is apparently difficult to coach.
    I don't know if anyone would be willing to take Smith but I would probably go that route. But again if Monroe doesn't develop a more consistent 15 foot jump shot at the very least it makes it easier for teams to just box out Drummond.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    Trade Monroe? Fawk no!

The Smith deal is not crazy and he is tradable right now. I think packing him up with Jennings and a pick can get something back.

Detroit must keep Moroe and Drummond together.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    I'd love him in otown.. could do a deal with afflalo in it

vCash
    Detroit messed up signing smith everyone knew it but their gm

vCash
    If you make a list of dumb GMs in sports history I am pretty sure anyone would have a hard time topping Joe Dumars. He straight up sucks balls. How could you sign Josh Smith to such a deal where you already had Drummond and Monroe? If it was another GM, Detroit would be awesome already.

Oh and nobody is touching Smith's contract, nobody. So they have no choice but to trade Monroe. Mark my words, Joe Dumars will be raped in that deal too.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast