Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 98
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    West Covina CA
    Posts
    16,936
    vCash
    1631

    Should Detroit trade Greg Monroe?

    Will they be able to re-sign him? With the signing of Josh Smith I think it would be best for them to try to trade Monroe. He should have decent trade value although it doesn't look like he has been progressing much as a player. I could be wrong about that, just going off dummy stats. How much would you pay this guy? I have no idea if he plays good D but with Smoove in the fold I would think they could improve their team D by moving Smoove to PF. I don't think they'll be able to get anything for Smith and if you trade him 3 months into his 1st season it sends a horrible message to future potential FA's. Monore could at the very least net them a player or 2 that will allow them to have a more balanced lineup.

    Would you're team have anything to offer Detroit? Would you want your team to go hard after a guy who is still very young but who may have already hit his ceiling? Would you want your team going after him knowing he is a FA and players of his ilk cost major $$$$$. I think he should be traded. Detroit screwed up big time signing Josh Smith. Usually making another move to cover up a bad move isn't a good thing. In this case it might be. Detroit is currently in 7th in the east and with any kind of strong finish will make the playoffs. I think they could improve their team by trading their best asset. I think teams in the east like Toronto and Boston who are in playoff position should be buyers at the deadline. There would be a market for Monroe for sure. What would you do with him?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    8,068
    vCash
    1500
    Cant believe they signed Josh Smith, so ****en stupid. Now they are stuck with him and might have to let Monroe go.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    36,579
    vCash
    1090
    Turner for Monroe. Solves everything. Both RFA and could use a new team.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7,891
    vCash
    1500
    It's become very obvious that Monroe is best at the Center position and not the PF spot. He needs to be under the rim to be at his best. At the 5 Hes definatley a 16-18ppg with 10-11rpg who can also get 4apg if you run the offense through him. He has some of the best footwork in the league as far as big men are concerned. Which is how he breaks down a defense with crafty spin moves and such because of his lack of athleticism.

    His defense does suck though but it may be limited because of the lack of athleticism. With Drummond being the future center of the team I really don't see how we can afford to resign Monroe who plays the same position as Drummond. So I think he will be traded if not by the deadline then a sign n trade in the offseason. He would be great with a guy like Davis who can defend versatile forwards and stretch the floor with his shot. He's just can't compliment Drummond.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    West Covina CA
    Posts
    16,936
    vCash
    1631
    Quote Originally Posted by RipCity32 View Post
    It's become very obvious that Monroe is best at the Center position and not the PF spot. He needs to be under the rim to be at his best. At the 5 Hes definatley a 16-18ppg with 10-11rpg who can also get 4apg if you run the offense through him. He has some of the best footwork in the league as far as big men are concerned. Which is how he breaks down a defense with crafty spin moves and such because of his lack of athleticism.

    His defense does suck though but it may be limited because of the lack of athleticism. With Drummond being the future center of the team I really don't see how we can afford to resign Monroe who plays the same position as Drummond. So I think he will be traded if not by the deadline then a sign n trade in the offseason. He would be great with a guy like Davis who can defend versatile forwards and stretch the floor with his shot. He's just can't compliment Drummond.
    Interesting. It almost sounds like Smith is a better fit on the team than Monroe? Maybe the team had foresight in the signing knowing they would move Monroe?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    From Way Downtown
    Posts
    10,714
    vCash
    1500

    Should Detroit trade Greg Monroe?

    They need to move Monroe at the deadline and then move smith to pf position. Monroe will command 10-11 million per yr next season and Detroit would be wise not to resign him. I think they should target a sf in any trade opportunity




  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    West Covina CA
    Posts
    16,936
    vCash
    1631
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Turner for Monroe. Solves everything. Both RFA and could use a new team.
    This does make a lot of sense.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7,891
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracka2HI! View Post
    Interesting. It almost sounds like Smith is a better fit on the team than Monroe? Maybe the team had foresight in the signing knowing they would move Monroe?
    Smith is a better fit in the traditional sense but Josh Smith is a huge Knuckle head at times despite all his talent. Which is something we all already know.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    36,579
    vCash
    1090
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracka2HI! View Post
    This does make a lot of sense.
    Turner a pretty good passer so can possibly help run the offense and let Jennings shoot a bit more.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,950
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RipCity32 View Post
    It's become very obvious that Monroe is best at the Center position and not the PF spot. He needs to be under the rim to be at his best. At the 5 Hes definatley a 16-18ppg with 10-11rpg who can also get 4apg if you run the offense through him. He has some of the best footwork in the league as far as big men are concerned. Which is how he breaks down a defense with crafty spin moves and such because of his lack of athleticism.

    His defense does suck though but it may be limited because of the lack of athleticism. With Drummond being the future center of the team I really don't see how we can afford to resign Monroe who plays the same position as Drummond. So I think he will be traded if not by the deadline then a sign n trade in the houtoffseason. He would be great with a guy like Davis who can defend versatile forwards and stretch the floor with his shot. He's just can't compliment Drummond.
    When I said that last year, I got shouted down loudly by Detroit fans saying I didn't know what I was talking about.

    I do disagree that they should start by looking to move Monroe. They should try to move Smith first because, even out of position, Monroe seems like a better PF to pair with Drummond. If all they do is break even on Josh Smith and find someone to take his contract for a 2nd round pick, they're better off. Smith is inconsistent, makes poor decisions, and is apparently difficult to coach.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7,891
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    When I said that last year, I got shouted down loudly by Detroit fans saying I didn't know what I was talking about.

    I do disagree that they should start by looking to move Monroe. They should try to move Smith first because, even out of position, Monroe seems like a better PF to pair with Drummond. If all they do is break even on Josh Smith and find someone to take his contract for a 2nd round pick, they're better off. Smith is inconsistent, makes poor decisions, and is apparently difficult to coach.
    I don't know if anyone would be willing to take Smith but I would probably go that route. But again if Monroe doesn't develop a more consistent 15 foot jump shot at the very least it makes it easier for teams to just box out Drummond.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Posts
    8,162
    vCash
    1500
    Trade Monroe? Fawk no!

    The Smith deal is not crazy and he is tradable right now. I think packing him up with Jennings and a pick can get something back.

    Detroit must keep Moroe and Drummond together.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,409
    vCash
    1500
    I'd love him in otown.. could do a deal with afflalo in it

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Bay
    Posts
    9,140
    vCash
    1500
    Detroit messed up signing smith everyone knew it but their gm

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,998
    vCash
    1500
    If you make a list of dumb GMs in sports history I am pretty sure anyone would have a hard time topping Joe Dumars. He straight up sucks balls. How could you sign Josh Smith to such a deal where you already had Drummond and Monroe? If it was another GM, Detroit would be awesome already.

    Oh and nobody is touching Smith's contract, nobody. So they have no choice but to trade Monroe. Mark my words, Joe Dumars will be raped in that deal too.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •