Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Giants non-roster invitee list; Sign Kameron Loe, J.C. Gutierrez, & Sandy Rosario

The Giants released their list of spring training invitees today, which included the minor league signings of right-handers Kameron Loe, J.C. Gutierrez and Sandy Rosario.

Loe, 32, posted a 7.09 era with 5.1 k/9, 3.4 bb/9 and a 50.5 percent ground-ball rate in 26 2/3 innings for the Mariners, Cubs and Braves in 2013. A bloated 34.4 percent homer-to-flyball ratio was loe's undoing last season, as it led to an unthinkable 11 homers in those 26 2/3 frames. Loe's career mark is just 13 percent in that category, and the league average was 10.5 percent, suggesting that he's due for some improved luck in that department. Loe isn't far removed from big league success, as he posted a 3.61 era in 229 1/3 innings from 2008-12 with the rangers and brewers.

Gutierrez, 30, pitched to a 4.23 era with 7.3 k/9, 3.3 bb/9 and a 42.6 percent ground-ball rate in 55 1/3 innings for the Angels and Royals in 2013. Formerly referred to as "Juan" rather than "J.C.," Gutierrez has 222 2/3 innings of major league experience and spent a good chunk of the 2010 season closing for the Diamondbacks, collecting 15 saves in the process.

The 28-year-old Rosario saw the most extensive action of his big league career in 2013, totaling 41 2/3 innings of 3.02 era ball for the Giants. His ratios weren't as impressive as his era, as he averaged 5.2 k/9 and 4.3 bb/9 to go along with a 44.7 percent ground-ball rate.

All three pitchers in this group will hope to win a spot alongside closer Sergio Romo and relievers Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez and Santiago Casilla, each of whom is a lock for a spot in manager Bruce Bochy's relief corps.
    - MLBTR c

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/0...z-rosario.html

Non-roster invitee list:

Pitchers- Jason Berken, Ty Blach, Clayton Blackburn, Brett Bochy, Jose Casilla, Kyle Crick, Rafael Dolis, Juan Gutierrez, Chris Heston, Derek Law, Mitch Lively, Kameron Loe, Adam Reifer, Sandy Rosario, Dan Runzler, Mason Robin

Catchers- Guillermo Quiroz, Andrew Susac, Ben Turner

Infielders- Jeff Arnold, Chris Dominguez, Brandon Hicks, Mark Minicozzi, Joe Panik

Outfielders- Javier Herrera, Mac Williamson
    Last edited by SFrush90; 01-13-2014 at 07:00 PM.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    I'm glad they're taking a chance on Gutierrez, I wanted them to give him a look last season.

vCash
    Kameron Loe is the most Giantsy signing in Giants history.
    2014 Indianapolis Colts: Let's Hunt

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leandres_sf View Post
    I'm glad they're taking a chance on Gutierrez, I wanted them to give him a look last season.
    I'm glad as well.

Would you trust a blind scout? Of course you wouldn't but that's what you do when you simply go by stats
    Splifftone, OptiskeptSF and Ciaban have a lot in common

vCash
    I'm glad that you two are glad.

vCash

Would you trust a blind scout? Of course you wouldn't but that's what you do when you simply go by stats
    Splifftone, OptiskeptSF and Ciaban have a lot in common

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Kameron Loe is the most Giantsy signing in Giants history.
    Haha.. my thoughts exactly