Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Love

vCash

Kevin Love

I am getting the feeling Minnesota is going to have to trade Kevin Love, probably sooner rather than
    later (maybe by the deadline this year). Would you trade Asik, TJones, a 1st and 2nd round pick for him?
    There may have to be some other pieces included to make the salaries match. I am a huge Kevin Love fan
    and his game is a perfect fit for the Rockets. If Minnesota would take the offer I suggested I would be ecstatic
    if the Rockets could pull this off. Let me know your thoughts.

vCash
    They wouldn't take that offer or Asik since they have Pekovic already, but in a multiteam deal it still wouldn't be enough. Sending Lin somewhere to help get Minnesota extra assets would need to be done. And maybe Canaan or DMo for their potential? It'd be a lot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    They wouldn't take that offer or Asik since they have Pekovic already, but in a multiteam deal it still wouldn't be enough. Sending Lin somewhere to help get Minnesota extra assets would need to be done. And maybe Canaan or DMo for their potential? It'd be a lot.
    I would still do it as long as we are able to keep Howard, Harden and Parsons I would be willing to part with anybody else.

vCash
    Oh, definitely. And if Morey and Alexander don't think they can keep Parsons then maybe he gets moved (which they've already said he'll be a priorty but if they swing a deal for Love, Parsons might have to be involved, and that'd be worth it as long as its not a rental).

I'm wondering if something along the lines of Asik/Jones going to Atlanta and Millsap and multiple young Houston talent potential and picks going to Minnesota could work. Maybe send out Lin and get a fourth team involved. Or if Minnesota would take Parsons and Millsap. Chandler Parsons is my favorite Rocket but if Asik/Jones/Parsons can be enough to land Kevin Love? You might have to do it if you're Morey.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stros1fan View Post
    I am getting the feeling Minnesota is going to have to trade Kevin Love, probably sooner rather than
    later
    (maybe by the deadline this year). Would you trade Asik, TJones, a 1st and 2nd round pick for him?
    There may have to be some other pieces included to make the salaries match. I am a huge Kevin Love fan
    and his game is a perfect fit for the Rockets. If Minnesota would take the offer I suggested I would be ecstatic
    if the Rockets could pull this off. Let me know your thoughts.
    This is key. It's probably later than sooner. He's the best player they've had since KG, he's best in the league at his position and a MVP-caliber player. Moving him should, and probably is, their last option. They would be crazy to trade him before next season's deadline, unless he asks for a trade like Anthony or Deron. And even then they would not consider that deal IMO. Anything less than another star or potential star isn't enough. It would probably take Parsons and another 2 first picks.

EDIT: And Lin would have to be involved to clear space for Love's $15+ million salary.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    Minnesota will not deal Love before next season's trad deadline, as EDU said. It makes no sense. He's the closest thing the Wolves have had to a superstar since KG left, and they need to throw everything they possibly can at him to get him to stay. There's still a chance that team will pull it together and make a playoff run this year or next, and that might be enough to sway him.

That being said, I do think his days in Minnesota are numbered and they should look at possible deals for him next season. Any team expecting them to pick up the phone, though, will have to offer a HELL of a lot more than OP mentioned. I'm thinking Lin, Asik, Jones and multiple future first round picks. They may also ask for Parsons in any deal, and I'm not sure Morey is willing to trade him.

Another possibility would be for the Rockets to add Love through free agency in 2015, but I doubt they could keep Parsons and add Love at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Lakers will make the playoffs this year and my bold prediction is they finish higher than the Rockets.
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdymez View Post
    And Lebron puts up great numbers, your right. Debate over. You win. Lebron is the greatest

vCash
    I am just sensing KLove is getting frustrated in Minnesota with the .500 ball they have been playing. They have a
    talented roster, but in the ultra-competitive west they are probably going to remain a .500 team. I think Love will ask
    to be traded during the off-season if they finish well out of the playoff picture this year. I doubt Minnesota wants to risk
    losing him in free agency and only getting a sign and trade deal for him.

vCash
    i think anything for love would be a risk since he wants to be in L.A. just as bad as howard wanted to be a NET .he would be a rental and a waste unless we win it all or come close to it to show him he needs to stay

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drankman View Post
    i think anything for love would be a risk since he wants to be in L.A. just as bad as howard wanted to be a NET .he would be a rental and a waste unless we win it all or come close to it to show him he needs to stay
    Kevin Love has stated publicly his fondness for Kevin McHale. I am not a McHale fan, but if he can help us land Kevin Love that may change.

vCash
    If we could land Love, I would move everyone except Beverly, Harden, Parsons and Dwight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drankman View Post
    Do you know the guy personally? Because I'm pretty sure that most rumors are nonsense. The guy may prefer LA, but if Houston could add him to a team with Harden, Parsons and Howard and with McHale at coach, the guy would leave Minnesota in a heartbeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by tr3ymill3r View Post
    If we could land Love, I would move everyone except Beverly, Harden, Parsons and Dwight.
    Really? Suppose you're Daryl Morey and Minnesota calls you. They're willing to deal Love to you and the two of you totally agree on a trade, but they are adamant that Beverley has to be included in the trade. You're going to turn that down? You'd allow Patrick freaking Beverley to be the difference between Terrence Jones as your starting PF and Kevin Love as your starting PF? Yeah, I'm calling ******** on that.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Lakers will make the playoffs this year and my bold prediction is they finish higher than the Rockets.
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdymez View Post
    And Lebron puts up great numbers, your right. Debate over. You win. Lebron is the greatest

vCash
    To get love they should be willing to trade everyone except Harden and Howard, McHale included.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRADfromOZ View Post
    To get love they should be willing to trade everyone except Harden and Howard, McHale included.
    I would include Parsons in that list of exceptions, especially if the guy we get could bolt after a year, which is Love's case.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Minnesota will not deal Love before next season's trad deadline, as EDU said. It makes no sense. He's the closest thing the Wolves have had to a superstar since KG left, and they need to throw everything they possibly can at him to get him to stay. There's still a chance that team will pull it together and make a playoff run this year or next, and that might be enough to sway him.

That being said, I do think his days in Minnesota are numbered and they should look at possible deals for him next season. Any team expecting them to pick up the phone, though, will have to offer a HELL of a lot more than OP mentioned. I'm thinking Lin, Asik, Jones and multiple future first round picks. They may also ask for Parsons in any deal, and I'm not sure Morey is willing to trade him.

Another possibility would be for the Rockets to add Love through free agency in 2015, but I doubt they could keep Parsons and add Love at the same time.
    Parsons' cap hold is ridiculously small for a free agent of his caliber, like $1 million or something. It shouldn't be a problem to add a max free agent in 2015 and retain Parsons.
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    2 years ago, this team was worth 650 million dollars. Derrick Rose has played ten games since and now this team is worth a billion dollars. Clearly, it's Tom Thibodeu.

vCash
    Because of Parsons’s miniscule 2014-15 salary, his cap hold on the Rockets’ books when he hits free agency until he is signed (either by the Rockets or another team) will be a paltry $1,833,025.

This means that the Rockets could use all of its available cap room in 2015 — except for that $1,833,025 cap hold amount — to pursue a major free agent (such as Kevin Love, who can opt out of his contract with the Minnesota Timberwolves that summer), then later exceed the salary cap to re-sign Parsons to any amount using his Bird rights.
    http://rockets.clutchfans.net/3455/c...ract-analysis/
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    2 years ago, this team was worth 650 million dollars. Derrick Rose has played ten games since and now this team is worth a billion dollars. Clearly, it's Tom Thibodeu.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast