Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Has any young player ever been send to the D league & came back as a star?

Has any rookie or sophomore player ever been send to the D league & came back as a star or even borderline star caliber player?

People say that rookies or sophomores should go to the D league and can get minutes there so they can come back and fulful their potential as a star or close to that.....but that never happens so why expect it?

Seems like any time a team sends a player to the D league, its basically like saying "Ok, your NBA career is likely over but if it isn't, at best you will be a role player that's it".

Just seems to me like if you can't find minutes on a team or you can't play well when given minutes, chances are that you aren't going to succeed all that well in the NBA. Of course there are some exceptions such as Eric Bledsoe, Derrick Favors, Miles Plumlee, Enes Kanter etc but even those guys played well for the most part when given minutes.

vCash
    You forgot Jeremy Lin

Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

vCash
    Yup j Lin

New York State of Mine

vCash
    What was Michael Redd's situation?

Edit: nevermind. For whatever reason I remember him coming out of nowhere, but I didn't think he was a rookie or young player.
    Quote Originally Posted by WillisLovechild View Post
    First Tier:
    Calvin Johnson
    AJ Green
    Julio Jones
    Brandon Marshall
    Andre Johnson
    Larry Fitzgerald
    Dez Bryant
    Demaryius Thomas
    Michael Crabtree

vCash
    considering how long the d-league has been around, I think this question would be more about projecting a player's ceiling than already a star. And I think Jeremy Lamb could be one.

vCash
    A star? Not many, Lin was mentioned.

But plenty of people come back as great role players or good quality starters. Shaun Livingston, Gerald Green, Danny Green, Chris Andersen, C.J Watson, Alonzo Gee, Steve Novak and John Lucas all come to mind. I'm sure there's been more though.
    Continue to believe Jackson is not the right man for this job. All I ask is that while you're at it, please demand Curry be traded as well. Because if the goal is to revert to the ways of Warriors teams past—building up something special and then destroying it immediately—we may as well go all out. No reason to half-*** it.
    Truth^

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships".

vCash
    Jeremy Lin
    Danny Green
    Gerald Green
    Shaun Livingston
    Avery Bradley

I think Seth Curry will be the next to pop from there. After the deadline and some team takes a chance on him.
    shots fired?

I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    The D-League has only been in existence for a handful of seasons. Stephen Jackson played in the CBA (which was an unofficial equivalent to the D-League).

It will happen from time to time, but I don't expect it to happen often because if there is potential, then teams in the NBA will play a guy during garbage minutes to help him develop and use him in team practice. That way the coaching staff can mould him into the player they want.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    Terrance Jones was also in the D-league now that I remember
    Another guy who was great to watch ball was Kalenna Azabuike
    shots fired?

I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

vCash
    players with star potential usually end up with teams where the'll get the playing time anyway, so the dleague rarely becomes an option.

as far as role players/carrer starters/6th mans, theres lots of examples, since the dleague has been founded (2001)

Wikipedia:

Successful NBA call-ups

Many former NBA draftees, waived players and undrafted players have played in the NBA D-League. Some of the called-up D-League players that went on to have successful NBA careers include Rafer Alston, Louis Amundson, Chris Andersen, Kelenna Azubuike, Matt Barnes, Devin Brown, Will Bynum, Matt Carroll, Eddie Gill, Stephen Graham, Jason Hart, Chuck Hayes, Anthony Johnson, Dahntay Jones, Jamario Moon, Mikki Moore, Smush Parker, Bobby Simmons, Ime Udoka, Von Wafer, C. J. Watson, and Mike Wilks.[17] Aside from these players, there are several successful NBA players who were assigned to the D-League in their first and second season, such as José Juan Barea, Brandon Bass, Andray Blatche, Avery Bradley, Aaron Brooks, Jordan Farmar, Shannon Brown, Marcin Gortat, Ramon Sessions, Jeremy Lin, Danny Green and Martell Webster.[18]
    Last edited by D.O.N.; 01-13-2014 at 01:39 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    The D-League has only been in existence for a handful of seasons. Stephen Jackson played in the CBA (which was an unofficial equivalent to the D-League).
    Very good point^ if you include the CBA as well the list is far more extensive.
    Continue to believe Jackson is not the right man for this job. All I ask is that while you're at it, please demand Curry be traded as well. Because if the goal is to revert to the ways of Warriors teams past—building up something special and then destroying it immediately—we may as well go all out. No reason to half-*** it.
    Truth^

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships".

vCash
    Jamario Mother****ing Moon!

vCash
    JJ Hickson, he playing great now
    Be $wavy

vCash
    Kendall Marshall might break out

Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

vCash
    Lou Williams

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast