Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Anquan Boldin

vCash

Anquan Boldin

If I'm not mistaken. Anquan will be a free agent in the offseason. The dude is balling out for us and is really reliable. He's 33 but he still has plenty of big game juice left.

Whether we win it all or not? Since were a bonafide Super Bowl contending team for a little while here, at least 4 or 5 more seasons. Do you think we should resign Boldin and bring him back for about 3 seasons atleast? we got the steal off the offseason and Him, Crabtree and Vernon when healthy are a tuff day for any defense. I think we should bring him back for 3 years

I'm thinking like 3 years 20 million. thats about around 7 mil a year, about a mil more then hes making now. That locks up our recieving core for atleast 2 or 3 more seasons and I think his play proves he's worth the money, even if we flop vs Seattle. He may interest other teams to pay him a bit more but I think he likes it here in San Fran, great chemistry and a great team, new stadium and contenders every year. He also seems like he's having too much fun here to leave to a rebuilding team for a little bit more money, plus I don't think he gets offers over 8 or 9 mil a year though from other teams anyways, not at his age. but you never know though.

What do you guys think? Bring him back?
    Last edited by kings2010; 01-13-2014 at 03:55 AM.
    I'm excited about Kings basketball again!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kings2010 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken. Anquan will be a free agent in the offseason. The dude is balling out for us and is really reliable. He's 33 but he still has plenty of big game juice left.

Whether we win it all or not? Since were a bonafide Super Bowl contending team for a little while here, at least 4 or 5 more seasons. Do you think we should resign Boldin and bring him back for about 3 seasons atleast? we got the steal off the offseason and Him, Crabtree and Vernon when healthy are a tuff day for any defense. I think we should bring him back for 3 years

I'm thinking like 3 years 20 million. thats about around 7 mil a year, about a mil more then hes making now. That locks up our recieving core for atleast 2 or 3 more seasons and I think his play proves he's worth the money, even if we flop vs Seattle. He may interest other teams to pay him a bit more but I think he likes it here in San Fran, great chemistry and a great team, new stadium and contenders every year. He also seems like he's having too much fun here to leave to a rebuilding team for a little bit more money, plus I don't think he gets offers over 8 or 9 mil a year though from other teams anyways, not at his age. but you never know though.

What do you guys think? Bring him back?
    Of course I want him back. You don't let veteran leadership leave, especially when he is productive. He has a lot left in the tank, and he brings a fire that this team needs. What we do need though is a vertical threat, I hope that Patton can develop into that but we have the mid range covered with Boldin and Crabs, we need a safety stretcher.

vCash
    I don't believe Boldin will be back next year especially not at 7MIL/Season. Don't forget, Crabtree will be a free agent after next season, Kaepernick will be in line for a huge raise, and some of the other key components will either be coming off of their rookie deals or have outperformed their current contracts.

Having Boldin on the team this year proves just how important it is to have two above average Wide Receivers. Unless your Tom Brady, your not winning many games with average Joes at that position. The goal should be to sign Crabtree long term (as long as the contract is reasonable) and to hit on a deep threat receiver in the draft. Now, that is easier said than done (AJ Jenkins) but with the surplus of picks this team has required, this might be the year they find that guy.

As far as Patton goes, I think he is going to have a nice NFL career but I don't think you can call him a "vertical receiver".
    Last edited by mudvayne387; 01-13-2014 at 07:44 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudvayne387 View Post
    I don't believe Boldin will be back next year especially not at 7MIL/Season. Don't forget, Crabtree will be a free agent after next season, Kaepernick will be in line for a huge raise, and some of the other key components will either be coming off of their rookie deals or have outperformed their current contracts.

Having Boldin on the team this year proves just how important it is to have two above average Wide Receivers. Unless your Tom Brady, your not winning many games with average Joes at that position. The goal should be to sign Crabtree long term (as long as the contract is reasonable) and to hit on a deep threat receiver in the draft. Now, that is easier said than done (AJ Jenkins) but with the surplus of picks this team has required, this might be the year they find that guy.

As far as Patton goes, I think he is going to have a nice NFL career but I don't think you can call him a "vertical receiver".

I don't know, man. I can't just see us letting Boldin walk after how he's performed for us. Crabtree ain't going to want to split either. This is a special team and these guys have good chemistry on the field as well as off the field and like playing with eachother. I don't think money will be an issue. I say if this band keeps contending, then why not keep this band together for as long as we can?

it would be nice to have a deep threat though, but we're fine with chain movers right now. It's our style of play anyway. We're a mythotical and cerebral kind of team. A vertical threat at this point is a luxury, we don't particularly need it because we've proven over and over again that we can win without it.

We know what Boldin brings and gives to us. So I would rather bring him back then trust in an unproven rookie or free agent and just let Boldin walk. Why take a chance on breaking up the chemistry? Plus, remember Boldin is the main reason we're not defending Super Bowl champs right now and one of the main reasons we're back in the NFC title game again.

Plus, I like how Boldin is always fired up and bullies defenders, dude has supreme confidence and his energy and physical style of play is contagious to the rest of the guys on offense. I think he's worth atleast what he's making now. But we are going to have to pay Crabtree. Probably more then his rookie contract he held out for. But he's earned it though IMO. But maybe with all the fun he's having winning and producing numbers? He won't try and break the bank, knowing we have many other key players that need to stay if we want to continue to be a contender.
    I'm excited about Kings basketball again!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kings2010 View Post
    We know what Boldin brings and gives to us. So I would rather bring him back then trust in an unproven rookie or free agent and just let Boldin walk. Why take a chance on breaking up the chemistry? Plus, remember Boldin is the main reason we're not defending Super Bowl champs right now and one of the main reasons we're back in the NFC title game again.

Plus, I like how Boldin is always fired up and bullies defenders, dude has supreme confidence and his energy and physical style of play is contagious to the rest of the guys on offense. I think he's worth atleast what he's making now. But we are going to have to pay Crabtree. Probably more then his rookie contract he held out for. But he's earned it though IMO. But maybe with all the fun he's having winning and producing numbers? He won't try and break the bank, knowing we have many other key players that need to stay if we want to continue to be a contender.
    I agree 100%.

vCash
    it will be in the 49ers best interests to sign Anquan Boldin to at least a 2 year contract...we would not be in the playoffs had it not been for him and he is a very vital piece of our team as veteran leader...it would be quite foolish to let him walk when he and Kaepernick are clicking along with Crabtree & VD.....now is not the time to break up consistency in our offense.....the team should target a top WR in this year's draft..and allow such to be groomed and trained by Anquan.....anyone who does not see the value in keeping Anquan does not know what it means to build a strong team and remain consistent...Anquan should retire a 9er.
    Last edited by FNM BOY; 01-13-2014 at 09:10 AM.
    Big ups to Phins1983 for the Sig!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kings2010:27790517
    Quote Originally Posted by mudvayne387 View Post

I don't know, man. I can't just see us letting Boldin walk after how he's performed for us. Crabtree ain't going to want to split either. This is a special team and these guys have good chemistry on the field as well as off the field and like playing with eachother. I don't think money will be an issue. I say if this band keeps contending, then why not keep this band together for as long as we can?

it would be nice to have a deep threat though, but we're fine with chain movers right now. It's our style of play anyway. We're a mythotical and cerebral kind of team. A vertical threat at this point is a luxury, we don't particularly need it because we've proven over and over again that we can win without it.

I understand your logic for keeping him...and I agree with you to an extent. The issue is simply going to come down to dollars. Boldin has shown he is still worth the paycheck he's getting. As much as the 3 yr $20M deal is fitting for him, it just might not be feasible considering how the dollars will need to be distributed across the roster. There going to have to gamble on youngsters somewhere.

One thing though, is I don't think your giving a vertical threat the relevance that it really has. Having a guy on the outside that can blow the top off the defense is HUGE! VD does to an extent, but he's much more of a difference maker when he's feeding off someone else. Boldin and Crab help pull guys off him now...imagine if the safety was another 5 yards deep and in a back pedal every play because he fears speed on the outside.

vCash
    If it's at all feasible, we really need to keep Boldin (Do I get the Capt. Obvious award yet?). As mudvayne said, we wouldn't be in the play offs with out him - and if you look to the Ravens, you can see what losing him can do to a team (granted I think we have a little more talent than they do).

The question is can we work a deal, does Boldin just want $$$ or does he want to stay on a team that is winning and he has good chemistry with? That is assuming someone like the Ravens or Card's don't offer him a boat load of cash, 3 virgins, 2 hookers, and a partridge in a pear tree.
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

vCash
    Considering that Baltimore traded him because he wouldn't take a pay cut even after win ing a SB, I doubt he takes less to stay here regardless of what we do this year. Logic says to keep Boldin and Crabtree, just don't think it's going to happen from a money standpoint unless we're willing to let a good amount of other players go soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35:27790732
    Considering that Baltimore traded him because he wouldn't take a pay cut even after win ing a SB, I doubt he takes less to stay here regardless of what we do this year. Logic says to keep Boldin and Crabtree, just don't think it's going to happen from a money standpoint unless we're willing to let a good amount of other players go soon.
    I think you're right.

However, his argument was "because that's what my contract says" so there is that. The Niners won't be asking him to re-structure and take a pay cut. They're just iffering him a NEW contract.

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    I think we all want him back. It's just going to come down to numbers(obviously). Let's hope the FO has a trick up their sleeve.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    I think you're right.

However, his argument was "because that's what my contract says" so there is that. The Niners won't be asking him to re-structure and take a pay cut. They're just iffering him a NEW contract.
    Yeah I can understand that, I just see too much money wanting to be thrown around. We're starting to hit the wall of having to let some good players go to keep the bulk of the team together. Hard choices are coming for the FO, people are probably going to be unhappy no matter what we do.

vCash
    If we get rid of Gore we can afford to keep Boldin. Some people think its not logical, and don't want to get rid of Gore, myself included...but its getting to the time its very hard to make decisions for the front office. Any loss hurts this team, but which would hurt more? Boldin or Gore?
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    I think you're right.

Exactly, it's going to be only what other teams offer him. By all accounts he likes playing for the 49ers, so all things being equal I would imagine he'd want to be back here.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    He was as important as any player on offense could be against Carolina. He has a lot of ability left in him and as long as we can fit his cap number in, I don't want to see him elsewhere. Crabtree has more upside and as long as he stays healthy has a much better connection to Kappy. We'll see what happens in one-three weeks.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast