Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

How are some referees this bad?

http://www.nba.com/video/games/maver...s=iref:nbahpts

First, the obvious foul on Kevin Love goes uncalled a while back. Then Austin Rivers gets swarmed by Monta Ellis, no call again, both times ending with the league (including other incidents this year) issuing a missed call. Has there ever been a season with this many acknowledgements of missed calls? How many games have to end unfairly because referees are blind or stupid?
    Last edited by kobe4thewinbang; 01-12-2014 at 05:52 PM.

vCash
    Dallas now has 2 bull **** calls in their favor to close a game. Awesome

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    You're acting like its an easy job or something. Mistakes are a part of being human, and the nature of the job of an NBA referee is going to lend itself to some mistakes. Sucks, but until Guppy gets his wish and the game is played and refereed by robots, its gonna be part of the game.

vCash
    ^I agree with you man, but some of these calls were just terrible. not saying what they do is in anyway easy but my god some of these calls were so obvious I wouldn't doubt PSDers would miss those. Especially the ones mentioned above.

vCash
    A few years ago, I'm pretty sure the NBA acknowledged 3 errors at the end of close Raptor losses that went against them. I think there were two in the same month
    On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Dallas now has 2 bull **** calls in their favor to close a game. Awesome
    I'll take those wins too.

The Austin Rivers foul was worse than the Love one for sure tho because Monta was clearly trying to intentionally foul him.

vCash
    A lakers fan

vCash

Some of you guys have the luxury of replays, aerial view, slowed down replays, and much more. These referees have to make a live decision and they can't obviously focus 100% on each player. That's why stars like LeBron, Durant, Harden, Kobe, and many more receive most of the calls - because they garner the most attention. I know it's not fair but refereeing is not an easy job. It's easy for you to say when you sit by your computer on youtube watching a replay of the exact incident zoomed in and all but that's not the case for referees. I don't know one sport in which a referee is 100%. Sure, some calls are completely laughable aka Joey Crawford but that's another story. All in all, I think basketball is one of the toughest sports other than boxing or MMA to referee in. Such a fast paced game and you literally have to be aware every second.

vCash
    I can see and understand why the Love foul was not called simply be looking at the positioning of the officials but this one is much harder to figure out. But the official does have Rivers back to him and I would assume was not 100% certain that Monta fouled him. Of course it is easy to see from the angle in this video but the angle the official has he could not be certain that a foul had occurred. So to answer the OP, the referee was not blind or stupid, just got straight lined at the wrong time and cost a team the game

vCash

The Rivers no call is inexcusable man. You can't miss that.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

vCash
    Honestly, NBA referees are the worst referees in North American sports.
    Top 10 Rappers Right Now
    1. Nas
    2. Kendrick Lamar
    3. Jay-Z
    4. J Cole
    5. Lupe Fiasco
    6. Common
    7. Eminem
    8. Kanye West
    9. Pusha-T
    10. Slaughterhouse (Royce, Crooked I, Joe Budden)

Top 10 Rappers of all-time
    1. 2Pac
    2. Nas
    3. Rakim
    4. Notorious B.I.G.
    5. Jay-Z
    6. Eminem
    7. KRS-One
    8. Public Enemy (Chuck D)
    9. Common
    10. Ice Cube

Follow me, @bharjan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    The Rivers no call is inexcusable man. You can't miss that.
    I'm not trying to excuse him for a crap call, just trying to explain why it occurred. I would be willing to bet my house on the fact he had a new hole ripped into him during the postgame

vCash
    Rivers is a **** free throw shooter anyway?

This is probably what the Spurs feel like right now

Boogie Cousins for MVP 2014

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal827 View Post
    A few years ago, I'm pretty sure the NBA acknowledged 3 errors at the end of close Raptor losses that went against them. I think there were two in the same month
    last year. And it was 4 apologies.