Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Tucker stays, DL coach Mike Phair and LB coach Tim Tibesar out

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 1m
    Bears also announced they have parted with their LB coach, in that press release. so DL and LB coaches are out; rest of staff is back

sucks

our future

vCash
    The Chicago Bears have let two defensive coaches go Sunday and announced the rest of the coaching staff will remain, including defensive coordinator Mel Tucker.
    Defensive line coach Mike Phair and linebackers coach Tim Tibesar will not be coaching with the Bears in the 2014 season.
    “We thank Mike and Tim for their effort and dedication,” Head Coach Marc Trestman said in a press release.. “They are men of high character and integrity. These are not easy decisions and we do not attribute our lack of success on defense to two individuals. We need to improve in all areas defensively and that will be a focal point for us this offseason. The process starts with me as the head coach. Our search for a defensive line and linebackers coach has begun and we will be looking for the best candidates whose experience can bring the most out of our veteran and young players in both areas.
    “Our team evaluation remains ongoing. We believe Mel is the right person to lead our defensive unit. He fully understands where we need to improve, has the skill set and leadership to oversee the changes that need to be made and to execute our plan to get the results we know are necessary.”
    st

our future

vCash
    Well I was right about Tibesar at least. That is why you don't hire CFL position coaches with no NFL experience. We wasted a year of development for Bostic and Khaseem.

But if it comes down to next year, Ill be picketing outside of Halas Hall for a new deal, a new contract, because Im not going anyplace.

-Brandon Marshall

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

vCash
    I'm glad Phair is gone but I was hoping Tucker would be axed too. I hope he proves me wrong.

vCash
    Mike Singletary?

Andy's List of Secrets

vCash
    Phair was only retained because he had been working directly under Marinelli. The LB coach is surprising though as he was Trestman's DC. I'm not really sure who is out there as a position coach to upgrade at either spot.

vCash

I suppose this is the right move. The DL was pretty bad and our rookie LBs showed little to no improvement, so it's only right they get the axe.

vCash
    Unfortunately I think a lot of the decision to keep Tucker was money based. It is a sad reality but the organization likely didn't want to pay two DCs.

But if it comes down to next year, Ill be picketing outside of Halas Hall for a new deal, a new contract, because Im not going anyplace.

-Brandon Marshall

vCash
    I can't believe they signed Tucker for 5 years; that can't be standard...

vCash
    urlacher for LB coach

our future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    I can't believe they signed Tucker for 5 years; that can't be standard...
    Yeah that is a pretty stupid deal.

-Brandon Marshall

vCash

Well let's just hope our new DL and LB coaches, whoever they may be, turn around those respective areas.

vCash

I still don't think keeping tucker was the right move, but with better personnel he has no more excuses.

vCash
    I will say, that tells you how much respect they have for Hoke. He can be faulted for the regression of Conte and Wright but he is still around.

vCash
    I feel weird saying this, but I think I'd gladly welcome Singletary to come coach up these linebackers, particularly Bostic.

Go home Brendan, you're drunk.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast