Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Peyton Manning's NFL future hinges on offseason neck exam

Whatever happens in the coming days and weeks, Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning's NFL future beyond this season won't be decided until he has an offseason exam on his surgically repaired neck, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports.

"If the exam reveals that his neck is stable, Manning plans to return to the Broncos in 2014, regardless of how Denver fares this postseason, according to sources," Mortensen writes. "But if there is an increased risk of injury, Manning will be forced to decide whether to retire, sources said."

Earlier this week, Manning raised eyebrows when he said, "The light is at the end of the tunnel for me, no question." The 37-year-old has been in the league since 1998, when the Colts drafted him first overall, and he had four neck surgeries before arriving in Denver prior to the 2012 season.

If Manning does end up calling it a career, Brock Osweiller, who was taken in the second round of the 2012 draft, would be his likely replacement.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ason-neck-exam

vCash
    Well some say its only a team sport and no single player has a impact on a team. That means you or I could start and have the same impact. No biggy

Me and my Boy.
    No halo.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

vCash
    strange this is coming out now

vCash
    I'd miss pizza boy if he was gone....

vCash
    I'm pretty sure he is coming back... I think it's just more of a precautionary thing.
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = 12-4
    Warriors = 49-31 Making it rain!
    A's = 8-4 Back to Back AL West Champs!
    WINNING!

vCash
    Kinda random time to release this news. I thought someone bumped a 2 year old thread at first lol

THE BEST DH IN SF GIANTS HISTORY!

2010 and 2012 World Series Champs !

vCash

Peyton Manning's NFL future hinges on offseason neck exam

They'll probably say he can't play if he wins the Super Bowl this year and that he can if he doesn't lol
    SABRES METS COWBOYS

vCash
    Well, the surgeries were serious and the recovery was extensive. While we see him play he looks pretty good, he could be in constant pain.
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

vCash
    Interesting hope he is alright. Not a Manning fan by any degree but I appreciate watching him play almost more than any other player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by grandsalami View Post
    strange this is coming out now
    Quote Originally Posted by sf-fanatic View Post
    Kinda random time to release this news. I thought someone bumped a 2 year old thread at first lol
    Eh, not really, it makes sense.

If he were to lose this week, or next, before the story broke, people would point to losing as the reason he hung it up. Now, no matter the outcome, this is out there. So, if he does decide to retire, he can point to this as the reason.

It's a pretty smart PR move to be honest.
    All I do is hit. I even hit your mother once. Yep, hit it good.

vCash
    This was written into his contract when he signed it requiring him to get an exam after two seasons. So this isn't just some random thing or breaking news, it's been planned for two years.
    You're talking to me all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron. Hey, tell me, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!

vCash
    I could see him playing another 2 seasons. A sb would be a great way to end his legacy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudvayne91 View Post
    This was written into his contract when he signed it requiring him to get an exam after two seasons. So this isn't just some random thing or breaking news, it's been planned for two years.
    It is actually after every season. He had the same exam last year, and he will again next year. The Broncos even took out an insurance policy on him which would pay back $10MM of Manning's salary if these exams indicate that he can't play any longer.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    It is actually after every season. He had the same exam last year, and he will again next year. The Broncos even took out an insurance policy on him which would pay back $10MM of Manning's salary if these exams indicate that he can't play any longer.
    I knew about the insurance policy, but wasn't sure if the exam happened yearly. Makes sense considering the severity of the potential injury.
    You're talking to me all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron. Hey, tell me, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudvayne91:27791689
    I know deep throat and the guy on the grassy knoll. This ranks right up there though.

Me and my Boy.
    No halo.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast