Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    67,748
    vCash
    1500

    JoBro finally breaks his silence: "There's no tanking, and that's it."

    CHICAGO -- For the first time since his good friend Luol Deng was traded to the Cleveland Cavaliers on Monday night, Chicago Bulls center Joakim Noah addressed the media.

    Noah, the emotional heart and soul of the organization, hit on a number of topics after Saturday night's win over the Charlotte Bobcats, his first question-and-answer session all week.

    "The trade definitely hurt," Noah said, adding that he had spoken to Deng about it. "But we got to move on. I feel confident in this team; we're working really hard. A lot of people say this is a business and all that but this game is more than a business to me. I put everything I got into this. I feel like Lu was the same way so it was hard for me to digest. But that's just my perspective, that's just my side of the story. Everybody has a different job. I'm not mad at anybody. I'm not mad at the organization or anything like that. It's just that my brother isn't here anymore. So I just needed a little bit of time to digest that."

    Noah said he discussed the deal with Bulls general manager Gar Forman and executive vice president John Paxson. The message he received from them was unmistakable.

    "[They imparted] that there's no tanking," Noah said. "There's no tanking, and that's it."

    Noah has played some of his best basketball of the season in the past couple of weeks as the Bulls have won five in a row. He remains confident that his team can continue to win games this season.

    "I just think that all this adversity makes me stronger," he said. "It just makes me stronger as a person and as a player. I think I've never been so hungry. We've been through a lot; [Derrick Rose's] injury was really hard. Lu not being here is really hard. But we're going to go out there, and like I said, there's no tank in this team. We're going to grind and make this city proud."
    Noah also remains confident that the Bulls' front office is committed to winning a title in the future.

    "Yep," he said. "I think so. I don't have to be happy with the decision that they made. But everybody has a job to do. At the end of the day, trading Lu, it's something that I won't understand but I got to live with it. And I'm going to go out there on the court, give it everything I have."

    He did not, however, want to focus on how the Deng move changes things for his team in the future.

    "I'm not there," he said. "I'm not there, and that's not my job. All I can do is just help this team stay focused on the next game, on the task at hand, be out there on the court and be a good leader. Be a good leader on the court. Keep everybody's energy levels high and focus on the task at hand."

    Many around the league were convinced the Bulls would slide into the NBA draft lottery after making the Deng deal, starting the process of rebuilding the Bulls' core, but Noah seems focused more than ever on pushing his team into the playoffs.

    "To me, it's more than winning and losing games," he said. "I'm just proud of the way we've been fighting. The resiliency of this team so far. We just got to keep doing it. I think that we can still get better, we can keep improving, and see what happens. Just go into the playoffs with a high seed. I think these are all things that are realistic goals for us. Once the playoffs hit, you can't take none of these experiences for granted."
    http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story...luol-deng-deal

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Windy City
    Posts
    56,229
    vCash
    500
    Jo!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    8,007
    vCash
    4000
    Never was going to be any tanking. Wish people realized that. We just had a bad few weeks. Thibs can lead the Bucks to a .500 record.

    I still think we finish with near the same record we had last year. Maybe 42-44 wins.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    6 minutes away from United Center
    Posts
    37,740
    vCash
    3109
    Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    Never was going to be any tanking. Wish people realized that. We just had a bad few weeks. Thibs can lead the Bucks to a .500 record.

    I still think we finish with near the same record we had last year. Maybe 42-44 wins.
    Thibs would lead gainaisdofnasoij to his house to find a way to clone him.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,117
    vCash
    1500
    Boo, get with the program Jo lol. Man what yall expect him to say.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    2,304
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    Never was going to be any tanking. Wish people realized that. We just had a bad few weeks. Thibs can lead the Bucks to a .500 record.

    I still think we finish with near the same record we had last year. Maybe 42-44 wins.
    Well you're still going to hear it from the scumbag fans on this board anyway. Gotta get used to it

    The Wizards' missing piece.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Outter Haven.
    Posts
    5,225
    vCash
    1500
    Shame on Joakim Noah from being politically correct.

    I mean, seriously, what do you expect him to say?

    Whether or not they were 'truly' tanking, you wont find him nor any other athlete in the history of sports admit to tanking.

    Players are still playing to get paid.

    Tell augustine to tank, that way when its time to negotiate a contract in the summer he wont get that 3 year $9M deal.

    I'm not sure if tanking really exists or not but what I do know exists is that players will never admit to it if they really were.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    8,007
    vCash
    4000
    Quote Originally Posted by Badluck33 View Post
    Shame on Joakim Noah from being politically correct.

    I mean, seriously, what do you expect him to say?

    Whether or not they were 'truly' tanking, you wont find him nor any other athlete in the history of sports admit to tanking.

    Players are still playing to get paid.

    Tell augustine to tank, that way when its time to negotiate a contract in the summer he wont get that 3 year $9M deal.

    I'm not sure if tanking really exists or not but what I do know exists is that players will never admit to it if they really were.
    Any player trying to lose games would find themselves out of a job once their contract expires. But they won't in the first place because they are professional athletes.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Chicago,Illinois
    Posts
    89
    vCash
    1500
    Id keep Noah and worry more about finding a taker for Boozer.
    I understand that would be no easy task, but trading Boozer would be better than amnostying him.....Just because someone is amnostied and there pay doesnt go against the cap, doesnt mean Jerry doesnt have the flip the bill........

    The Bulls need to keep Noah.
    If all of our above average players are gone come feee agency time, it could have a serious negative effect on any of top free agent stars that are considering the Bulls.
    What superstar would want to sign with a team that every player on the roster is inexperienced unproven, 20 year old late 1st rounder or second round draft picks?
    The Bulls have to keep at least a couple real NBA players on the team for a free agent to come play with...


    IF the Ownership and F.O's plan is just to unload all of our players for money and cap space instead of really for the draft picks then wouldn't that mean that perhaps Jerry Reinsdorf should just sell the BULLS FRANCHISE all together?....IF MONEY IS ALL JERRY WANTS, THEN WOUKDNT IT BE EASIER TO SELL THE FRANCHISE IN 1 PIECE INSTEAD OF LITTLE BY LITTLE?


    could it be that John Paxson and gar Foreman are only capable of drafting and unloading players for money because they're incapable of trading players for actual players?

    with all this money they're building up on the books I still wouldn't be surprised if they missed out on all the free agents... What good is saving the money if they are incapable of signing free agents or spending it on someone actually worth spending it on? Because they have never been able to do that before under the PaxGar Reign of terror...


    BOTTOM LINE IS NOAH OS A CHAMPIONSHIP PIECE TO KEEP AROUND....NO GARENTEES WITH ROSE AT THIS POINT.
    WITH THE DEPARTURE OF DENG AND LOSS OF ROSE, NOAH IS STILL THE HEARTBEAT OF THIS TEAM..
    No free agent star caliber player ill want to sign with a team without a heaartbeat.
    Last edited by ShottyPimpin33; 01-13-2014 at 12:37 AM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    39
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ShottyPimpin33 View Post
    Id keep Noah and worry more about finding a taker for Boozer.
    I understand that would be no easy task, but trading Boozer would be better than amnostying him.....Just because someone is amnostied and there pay doesnt go against the cap, doesnt mean Jerry doesnt have the flip the bill........

    The Bulls need to keep Noah.
    If all of our above average players are gone come feee agency time, it could have a serious negative effect on any of top free agent stars that are considering the Bulls.
    What superstar would want to sign with a team that every player on the roster is inexperienced unproven, 20 year old late 1st rounder or second round draft picks?
    The Bulls have to keep at least a couple real NBA players on the team for a free agent to come play with...


    IF the Ownership and F.O's plan is just to unload all of our players for money and cap space instead of really for the draft picks then wouldn't that mean that perhaps Jerry Reinsdorf should just sell the BULLS FRANCHISE all together?....IF MONEY IS ALL JERRY WANTS, THEN WOUKDNT IT BE EASIER TO SELL THE FRANCHISE IN 1 PIECE INSTEAD OF LITTLE BY LITTLE?


    could it be that John Paxson and gar Foreman are only capable of drafting and unloading players for money because they're incapable of trading players for actual players?

    with all this money they're building up on the books I still wouldn't be surprised if they missed out on all the free agents... What good is saving the money if they are incapable of signing free agents or spending it on someone actually worth spending it on? Because they have never been able to do that before under the PaxGar Reign of terror...


    BOTTOM LINE IS NOAH OS A CHAMPIONSHIP PIECE TO KEEP AROUND....NO GARENTEES WITH ROSE AT THIS POINT.
    WITH THE DEPARTURE OF DENG AND LOSS OF ROSE, NOAH IS STILL THE HEARTBEAT OF THIS TEAM..
    No free agent star caliber player ill want to sign with a team without a heaartbeat.
    english please

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Chicago,Illinois
    Posts
    89
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by riconek View Post
    english please

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    143
    vCash
    1500
    Of course the players aren't going to tank and obviously the FO isn't going to relay or intimate in any way verbally that they are positioning themselves for a better lottery pick. That said, the FO might have been working under the instruction to get under the cap and look to improve down the line via trade if possible and to do what it can to maintain a playoff push for that extra playoff revenue.

    The team would make even more money if it were winning titles, but as it stands there is literally nothing that te FO could do to win a title this year. A faster track would be attainable if we did have a top 7 or 8 pick in this draft. I still think it is wise to dump Boozer if possible and trade Hinrich and even Dunleavy. He is a cheap contract and a very productive player, but this isn't a time to think anyone outside of Rose and Jo and maybe maybe Butler as being a part of the core for the run the team figures to make two years from now. So if you can improve the core via trade and get a young player or two back, make it happen. Or if you can position the team financially to add a big piece later then make it happen. It should be time to position the team to make a title run. I didnt see the actual benefit to the franchise wrought from a couple home games in the playoffs last year and that was with Rose's comeback in question. This year there definitely won't be any returning for a first or second round playoff series.

    I'd have dumped Hinrich already and heck if it really is that difficult to trade Boozer, then I'd have to be talked out of paying the fine people of Samsonite to build some sort of nefarious line of suitcases and dufflebags for Boozer.
    Last edited by Chicaaago; 01-13-2014 at 02:59 AM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Chicago,Illinois
    Posts
    89
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicaaago View Post
    Of course the players aren't going to tank and obviously the FO isn't going to relay or intimate in any way verbally that they are positioning themselves for a better lottery pick. That said, the FO might have been working under the instruction to get under the cap and look to improve down the line via trade if possible and to do what it can to maintain a playoff push for that extra playoff revenue. The team would make even more money if it were winning titles, but as it stands there is literally nothing that te FO could do to win a title this year. A faster track would be attainable if we did have a top 7 or 8 pick in this draft. I still think it is wise to dump Boozer if possible and trade Hinrich and even Dunleavy. He is a cheap contract and a very productive player, but this isn't a time to think anyone outside of Rose and Jo and maybe maybe Butler as being a part of the core for the run the team figures to make two years from now. So if you can improve the core via trade and get a young player or two back, make it happen. Or if you can position the team financially to add a big piece later then make it happen. It should be time to position the team to make a title run. I didnt see the actual benefit to the franchise wrought from a couple home games in the playoffs last year and that was with Rose's comeback in question. This year there definitely won't be any returning for a first or second round playoff series. I'd have dumped Hinrich already and heck if it really is that difficult to trade Boozer, then I'd have to be talked out of paying the fine people of Samsonite to build some sort of nefarious line of suitcases and dufflebags for Boozer.
    I agree that its wise to keep Rose,BUTLER and Noah around.
    Reconstruct everything else and add LEGIT Superstar alpha dog to that with all the money saved with Booz,Hinrich and Deng off the books...
    Rose,Butler and Noah are vital pieces to keep on the road to championships down the line...But if im giving Noah up, i want a Lamarcus Aldridge type guy in return.
    I know alot of people arnt that high on Dunleavy, but i would keep him for our future bench...His contract is fair and he provides versatility and a legit 3 point threat.
    As i see it, everyone else on the roster is trade bait for ASSETS...........
    Last edited by ShottyPimpin33; 01-13-2014 at 04:35 AM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    25,454
    vCash
    54192
    nobody will read that Chicaaago- break it up with some space

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •