Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

The perfect deal for The Rockets and Nets, doesn't rip off either team.

I had to think hard about this b/c the deadline is about to near us. And both teams are in a need of a shake up, more so the Nets than the Roxs, but the Roxs have championship aspirations, the Nets need a light to look forward to and some excitement.

Why Deron to the Rockets makes sense? to pair a potential stable backcourt that is PO tested. It also puts Deron where he's comfortable which is the West and w/ a star big and swingman.

Blatche to the Rockets makes sense? b/c he has 1 more yr. in his deal and he's an asset. A big w/ skill to run the floor in their offense. Makes losing Jones in this deal reasonable. Plus he can help Dwight on the boards or be a bench guy for the 2nd unit.

Why Lin + Asik makes sense for the Nets? You get an athletic guard to pair w/ Livingston or use off the bench and KG has a C he can work with on the floor and it adds depth for back to back nights.

Why Jones + Monti to the Nets makes sense. B/c in trading Deron Williams you're pairing a big 3 in Houston that can potentially make the Western Conference Final. These deals need to make sense for both sides. Jones + Monti are young, energetic [fan pleasers] still have a lot of growing to do and the Nets don't have to worry about extending their contracts until they are under the cap.

This makes too much sense to not happen. Now the question is do the Nets have the guts to make it and do the Roxs pull the trigger.
    Last edited by KniCks4LiFe; 01-12-2014 at 12:17 PM.
    OPERATION "BOOM!"
    THE BLOW UP WILL BE TELEVISED

King Phil's entrance music
    I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

vCash
    I don't think anyone's trading for Dwil at this point. Nets probably blew their chance.

He's had 4 injuries on that left ankle alone just this year. He's gotten numerous injections already. Why would HOU give up all that depth for someone so unreliable?

And truth be told, RIGHT NOW, LIn is better than Dwil. I mean I have no doubt that if you put Lin on BK right now and gave him the 15 shots that Dwil normally gets, Lin would easily put up an efficient 20 & 7 without all the injury concerns and without the mega deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    I don't think anyone's trading for Dwil at this point. Nets probably blew their chance.

He's had 4 injuries on that left ankle alone just this year. He's gotten numerous injections already. Why would HOU give up all that depth for someone so unreliable?

And truth be told, RIGHT NOW, LIn is better than Dwil. I mean I have no doubt that if you put Lin on BK right now and gave him the 15 shots that Dwil normally gets, Lin would easily put up an efficient 20 & 7 without all the injury concerns and without the mega deal.
    See I think they blew it to. They can't come w/ D-Will for Lin + Asik anymore. Morrey feels disrespected. He actually was doing them a favor. So now the next deal has to have something added.

HOU has championship aspirations. Believe it or not, the Roxs fans actually want D-Will over Lin. I think you add Blatche w/ this package it should land Jones and Monti b/c this is about the Roxs putting efficient but also players that know what their roles will be. And McHale is just not gonna get that out of Jones + Monti this year or next.

We know Lin is better. But D-Will + Harden makes more sense than Lin + Harden b/c they can't play together. When Beverley returns Lin is going to the bench, then McHale will let him rot there and play Brooks over him b/c he can hit a few shots or whatever illogical reason. Lin is better but he'll never get the chance to prove it there. D-Will in HOU, McHale would never be able to replace him w/ Beverley or Brooks.
    Last edited by KniCks4LiFe; 01-12-2014 at 12:24 PM.
    OPERATION "BOOM!"

vCash

Agree for the most part with this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Agree for the most part with this.
    they have no PG. Yeh Lin is one, but he's not developing the way he should under McHale. So what do the Roxs do when teams start pressing Harden? You can only get away w/ so much.
    OPERATION "BOOM!"

vCash
    The whole Lin isn't a good fit with Harden because he can't shoot is overblown too.

Lin has shot 34% from 3 with HOU... Dwil career is at .358%... not much of a difference.

Harden & Lin aren't a great fit because they both want the ball... but Dwil wants the ball even more!...lol

Lin is giving HOU a very efficient 14ppg on just 10 shot attempts... I don't think they'll get much more from DWil.

vCash
    The whole Lin isn't a good fit with Harden because he can't shoot is overblown too.

Lin has shot 34% from 3 with HOU... Dwil career is at .358%... not much of a difference.

Harden & Lin aren't a great fit because they both want the ball... but Dwil wants the ball even more!...lol

Lin is giving HOU a very efficient 14ppg on just 10 shot attempts... I don't think they'll get much more from DWil.
    I know.

There's a big difference. D-Will will shoot. Lin won't to be team oriented.

Yes this is true. And D-Will will win that battle. Harden needs a PG to tell him, No.

It won't work, when Beverley returns he'll ride the bench and likely be splitting time between Brooks and him. He'll get even less than 10 shot attempts and will likely force it on some nights. This is a marriage that will never work b/c McFail is their coach.
    OPERATION "BOOM!"

vCash
    Rox would rather keep Jones, as he has been playing good and complementing Dwight , over blatche. You could essentially leave them out of the deal and it would still work.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    Rox would rather keep Jones, as he has been playing good and complementing Dwight , over blatche. You could essentially leave them out of the deal and it would still work.
    explain?
    OPERATION "BOOM!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KniCks4LiFe View Post
    explain?

Jones is a ton better.
    http://newyorkknicksmemesdotcom.file...73bd8ccc5d.gif
    Amare!!!!

SIM LEAGUE SUNS
    Jason Kidd and Chris webber
    2000-2001 48-34 first round KO
    2001-2002 64-18 first round KO
    2002-2003 55-27. Second round KO
    2003-2004 46-36 second round KO game 7 loss
    2004-2005 42-40
    2005-2006 welcome Glenn big dog

Sig bet with Mr. baller on Yankees making the playoffs loser has to hold
    SIG of the winners choice for entire playoffs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Jones is a ton better.
    you have to give something to get something. They don't have draft picks. Deron Williams to the Rockets means pairing up

Williams
    Parsons
    Harden
    Dwight

you can deal Jones and Monti and not look back. Especially if Blatche is sent in return. This is suppose to work for both teams. I know they want to one up each other in potential deals but lets be honest. The Rockets need Deron and The Nets need young upside in return to explain to their franchise how they still can compete. They are a new brand in Brooklyn, you can't just trade a Deron Williams and have no picks or future plans other than Lin.

I'll simply say this. The Rockets need Deron Williams. Cuz they ain't getting Rondo and they are NOT a championship team w/o this. CP3 will always get the better of them, Westbrook + Durant will destroy them, Curry and Lee and Iggy, this isn't something that the Rockets can say oh we can live without.
    Last edited by KniCks4LiFe; 01-12-2014 at 01:25 PM.
    OPERATION "BOOM!"

vCash
    explain?
    I think a lot of people are sleeping on Terrence Jones. He is coming on this year and is on a cheap rookie deal. He still has a decent ceiling. Even at this point it is debatable if Blatche is better. He is a pretty good asset for Morey.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    I think a lot of people are sleeping on Terrence Jones. He is coming on this year and is on a cheap rookie deal. He still has a decent ceiling. Even at this point it is debatable if Blatche is better. He is a pretty good asset for Morey.
    yeh but you gonna let him get in the way of pairing D-Will w/ Harden, Dwight and Parsons? you do know in 3 yrs. the kid is a FA, what is he going to be? You think he's going to be a top 5 PF? if so I understand, if not, then I'm trying to understand.
    OPERATION "BOOM!"

vCash
    yeh but you gonna let him get in the way of pairing D-Will w/ Harden, Dwight and Parsons? you do know in 3 yrs. the kid is a FA, what is he going to be? You think he's going to be a top 5 PF? if so I understand, if not, then I'm trying to understand.
    Yes, he's a good stretch 4 that lets the Rockets do what they want on offense all the time instead of just part of the package where Parsons plays stretch 4. Blatche has a nice J but he's not a 3 point threat and probably isn't as good defensively as Jones (not that either are worth much).

I don't think the Rockets need or want Williams at all. If I'm them I'd rather keep Lin.

vCash
    Rockets get ripped off severely in that trade.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast