Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Patriots are the 2nd youngest team in the NFL

Unreal. A lot of this probably has to do with all the rookies filling in for the injured vets, but that is still crazy with a 36 year old QB

A lot of us last year thought the window was closing very soon, but it seems like this team is as well-rounded as ever. The defense has less holes than in previous years, and we should have the most depth we've had in a long time with all the backups stepping up like Siliga, Ryan, Collins, Fletcher, Jones, Harmon etc. If we can come up with 1 impact player on the D-Line this D has top 5 potential as crazy as that sounds.

McD has FINALLY committed to the running game, albeit i doubt anyone expected Blount to lead the charge, but to have a respectable running game is huge. The ground game is tearing it up with 8 in the box, if another receiver steps up next year to at least a viable #2, and Gronk can give us something, imagine the ground game when the D has to play both run and pass.

With this roster, the Patriots might have added a couple more seasons to Brady's competitive years.

vCash
    That is pretty amazing.
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

vCash
    To further you point.

I knew we were a young team but had to go back to remember how young. We were the 11th youngest team in the league in Sept. prior to VW, Kelly, Wilson? and Mayo leaving. We started with 14 rookies and at this time we have:

24 players that started the season with 2 years or less
    32 with 3 years or less
    37 with 4 years or less
    43 with 5 years or less.

This week as well as many others on D we have Niko and Gregory with 8 years and Talib with 6 years and no other starter with more than 4 years.

AND WE ARE IN THE AFC CHAMPIONSHIP

vCash
    Impressive.

Is Andy Reid still the COTY?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportfan View Post
    Unreal. A lot of this probably has to do with all the rookies filling in for the injured vets, but that is still crazy with a 36 year old QB

A lot of us last year thought the window was closing very soon, but it seems like this team is as well-rounded as ever. The defense has less holes than in previous years, and we should have the most depth we've had in a long time with all the backups stepping up like Siliga, Ryan, Collins, Fletcher, Jones, Harmon etc. If we can come up with 1 impact player on the D-Line this D has top 5 potential as crazy as that sounds.

McD has FINALLY committed to the running game, albeit i doubt anyone expected Blount to lead the charge, but to have a respectable running game is huge. The ground game is tearing it up with 8 in the box, if another receiver steps up next year to at least a viable #2, and Gronk can give us something, imagine the ground game when the D has to play both run and pass.

With this roster, the Patriots might have added a couple more seasons to Brady's competitive years.
    If Gronk were healthy in the last 2 playoff runs, we'd probably have 2 more SBs. Last year may be more debatable but we can definitely say if he were healthy for the SB, we win it. Hopefully the guy is healthy for the postseason just once because he'd make a huge impact.
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Austeezy View Post
    Impressive.

Is Andy Reid still the COTY?
    Yes obviously because his more talented defense that includes like 6 pro bowlers (5 i guess since flowers got injured) was able to hold the Colts to 45 points while our less talented defense held them to 22.
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

vCash
    Interesting so who's younger?
    20+ years from now I and others will look back @WMXXX and say remember when Brock Beat The Undertaker? More people will remember his only loss more than those 21 Straight wins.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    Interesting so who's younger?
    Rams IIRC
    PSD Bulls Mock Trade Deadline
    Chicago Bulls

Rose-Gordon-Deng-Anderson-Asik

vCash
    Not to throw cold water on this, but, if we don't have injuries, we have oldies/vets like Kelly, Vince, Mayo, Vollmer on the roster.

I hope all the "BB the GM is hurting BB the Coach" crowd takes a good long look at the Draft/UDFA/cuts/FA moves since Pioli left. Then consider the turnover since 2007 and the teams records.

The Chin said it on TV - BB will go down as the greatest Coach in NFL history - and that's totally inter weaved with the BB the GM.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Not to throw cold water on this, but, if we don't have injuries, we have oldies/vets like Kelly, Vince, Mayo, Vollmer on the roster.

I hope all the "BB the GM is hurting BB the Coach" crowd takes a good long look at the Draft/UDFA/cuts/FA moves since Pioli left. Then consider the turnover since 2007 and the teams records.

The Chin said it on TV - BB will go down as the greatest Coach in NFL history - and that's totally inter weaved with the BB the GM.
    Bill.B the GM is good, Bill.B the coach is arguably the best ever and I'd say he's locked in as top 5 all time.

I don't think "Bill.B the GM is hurting BB the coach" but I do think Bill.B the coach has more value to the team and I'd say makes Bill.B the Gm look a bit better.

either way, the football mind that man has is simply amazing and won't ever be seen in these parts again so we should all enjoy it while it lasts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xnick5757 View Post
    Rams IIRC
    Really I would of thought Seattle, San Francisco or Indy would of been younger.
    20+ years from now I and others will look back @WMXXX and say remember when Brock Beat The Undertaker? More people will remember his only loss more than those 21 Straight wins.