Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Thibs next NYK head coach?

Surprised nobody posted this..

There are rumblings around the Chicago Bulls’ offices these days that Tom Thibodeau already has a deal in place to coach the Knicks next season.

Well, Thibodeau is represented by CAA, the one and only firm that Jim Dolan wants to deal with when it comes to players and coaches. But it’s extremely difficult to believe that an agreement has been struck with the former Knicks assistant to come back to New York, since he’s under contract to coach the Bulls through 2016-17.

You can just imagine the fallout if a Thibodeau-Knick deal were to be proven true. There wouldn’t be just a major tampering case here, but Thibodeau would face sanctions from the NBA, possibly preventing his move to the Garden.

But after this season, sure, Thibodeau has to be seen as a viable candidate for the Knicks’ job. As we saw with Doc Rivers’ departure from the Celtics last June to take over the L.A. Clippers, a coach under contract can still move on, for a price. In Rivers’ case it was an unprotected first-round pick that Boston will get in 2015.

By trading Luol Deng this past week for what amounted to major financial relief, the Bulls are preparing to rebuild and that certainly may influence whether Thibodeau wants to stay in Chicago or make a move to New York, if the Knicks say goodbye to Mike Woodson.

The Bulls’ front office tried to paint a picture that Thibodeau was on board with the Deng trade, but league sources say that he was kept in the dark about where they were shipping one of his all-time favorite players and about the timing of the deal. That’s the kind of maneuver that has always caused friction between the Bulls’ front-office honchos and their head coach.

At some point, we could see Thibodeau saying enough’s enough and looking to move on, with the Garden becoming a very viable landing spot. Aside from the CAA connection, Dolan might also have figured out by now that Thibodeau is one of the NBA’s top coaches. In fact, the Eagles, with whom Dolan is close, are said to rank him No. 1 on their all-time list.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1576454

vCash
    I'm not thinking of next season but this would keep Melo in NY for sure

THE ULTIMATE DEFENSE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    I'm not thinking of next season but this would keep Melo in NY for sure
    Not only do I think it keeps melo here for sure but I think it could possibly entice rondo being that they have that Boston connection

vCash
    but will probably never happen

vCash
    Best defensive coach in the NBA without a doubt..

vCash
    Ok first of all...this is definitely a rumor that I believe is completely true...because Stephen A Smith was asked months ago would Jeff van gundy come back and coach this team and he said something like...
    " of course he would !!! But he aint..because thibs will be their next coach if Woodson don't take these Knicks to at least the eastern conference finals"
    I remember this on that show 1st take ....now .....truthfully. ...I'd much rather Jerry Sloan ...He would be a wayyyyyyyyyy better coach for Melo than thibs ...He would get more out Melo ...and he's a awesome center and power forward coach.....thibs likes his guard play too much for my liking. ..

vCash
    My favorite coach in the league and I would be ecstatic if this goes down. And if it does, you can say goodbye to JR and his antics, because this coach (Thibs) won't be having any of that.

vCash
    I'm a bulls fan,to me its all about price. What can the Knicks realistically give? 2 1st picks or maybe 3?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankstheknicks View Post
    Ok first of all...this is definitely a rumor that I believe is completely true...because Stephen A Smith was asked months ago would Jeff van gundy come back and coach this team and he said something like...
    " of course he would !!! But he aint..because thibs will be their next coach if Woodson don't take these Knicks to at least the eastern conference finals"
    I remember this on that show 1st take ....now .....truthfully. ...I'd much rather Jerry Sloan ...He would be a wayyyyyyyyyy better coach for Melo than thibs ...He would get more out Melo ...and he's a awesome center and power forward coach.....thibs likes his guard play too much for my liking. ..
    He has a bad record against Heat in playoffs and last year only made it second round thanks to Nate, I don't know how he will do with a mediocre defense team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ballerkingn2 View Post
    I'm a bulls fan,to me its all about price. What can the Knicks realistically give? 2 1st picks or maybe 3?
    Lmaooooo is this a joke? 2 or 3 first round picks for a coach?

#TapeTwoOne....Oh Gawd

vCash
    since doc only cost 1 and he is championship winner I can't see thibs costing more

vCash
    You can have MWP and we will sign and trade eddy curry to you as well that's chicago's 2 first round picks

vCash
    C'mon man.. Woody has the knicks playing good ball. Let's table the personnel changes until the end of the season.. We might not need a new coach man...
    The Dark Knight Rises to Save Gotham Once again..

vCash
    I think this is the best direction we can go after this horrid season ends.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EnWhyKay View Post
    C'mon man.. Woody has the knicks playing good ball. Let's table the personnel changes until the end of the season.. We might not need a new coach man...
    Thibs is one of the best coaches in basketball. And he is actually good at defense where as Woodson is rumored to be because of pace and personnel. There is no way you don't uprade coaches for someone that has never done anything.

If this team wins enough obviously we can't fire woodson and I want this team to win, but if we could replace woodson and see what a real defensive genius who has gotten a lot out of his team looks like would be great.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast