Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Brees Can't be Elite

He just cant. He cant only be good inside perfect conditions and be considered better than a Ben/Romo/Ryan and on down who all play consistently great anywhere.

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    He just cant. He cant only be good inside perfect conditions and be considered better than a Ben/Romo/Ryan and on down who all play consistently great anywhere.
    Obviously based off of what I said in the game thread count me as those who agree. He was average in SD. Great in the confines of the Superdome. Average on the road.
    #BanMiltstar

vCash

Brees Cant be Elite.

Agreed

vCash
    http://www.nfl.com/player/drewbrees/...tuationalstats

These stats seem to prove it. He's great at home with the lead. Average elsewhere.
    #BanMiltstar

vCash
    isn't Matt Ryan butt on the road too?

vCash
    Code:
               G	QBRat	Comp	Att	Pct	Yds	Y/G	Y/A	TD	Int	Rush	Yds	Y/G	Avg	TD	Sack	YdsL	Fum	FumL
    Home	93	100.5	2243	3355	66.9	25969	279.2	7.7	211	85	157	319	3.4	2.0	4	136	964	36	16
    Away	93	90.2	2238	3444	65.0	25112	270.0	7.3	152	92	176	303	3.3	1.7	8	135	978	38	14

His completion percentage, yards per game and per attempts are identical. Of course interceptions on the road are more likely due to crowds and environment.

Most QB's play better at home anyway

vCash
    If Drew Brees can't be elite, then why is Peyton Manning?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8 View Post
    isn't Matt Ryan butt on the road too?
    Yup. I'll make this easier. There's like 1 QB this isn't the case for and that's Romo.
    #BanMiltstar

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Yup. I'll make this easier. There's like 1 QB this isn't the case for and that's Romo.
    yea just looked it up. Ryan was great in 2012 on the road but was average/below average all the other years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mp3 View Post
    Manning has issues in the playoffs like brees but he actually plays well on the road... The splits from brees are night and day with road and home throughout his career.

Also PManning splits are why I think Rodgers is by far the best QB in the league. Being able to play anywhere should be a factor in determining the best all around QB. Brees just cant be elite. He was bad against philly and now horrid against Seattle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8 View Post
    yea just looked it up. Ryan was great in 2012 on the road but was average/below average all the other years.
    Yup Matt Ryan is another. Put Rivers in there and take Ryan out. Rivers might be the best at both

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...vePh00/splits/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mp3 View Post
    Manning has issues in the playoffs like brees but he actually plays well on the road... The splits from brees are night and day with road and home throughout his career.

Also PManning splits are why I think Rodgers is by far the best QB in the league. Being able to play anywhere should be a factor in determining the best all around QB. Brees just cant be elite. He was bad against philly and now horrid against Seattle.
    With that logic shouldn't it be Brady because he's better in the playoffs than Rodgers?

vCash
    It appears many have some idea what the term elite means, I am not sure I do.

That said, If Brees, arguably a QB that will some day be enshrined in the HOF, isn't a QB that would be characterized as elite, then who is?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cmb0310 View Post
    With that logic shouldn't it be Brady because he's better in the playoffs than Rodgers?
    Brady isnt close to Rodgers in the playoffs. Brady has been mediocre in the playoffs to be brutally honest. 90 percent of brady playoff success was his first 2 seasons and even then he wasnt close to what Rodgers has been in the playoffs. I can show you the article that shows if Brady/Manning had the defense that Rodgers has had that they would have next to no superbowls.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co.../gamelog/post/

It was said on a sports show earlier... In the past 10 years Tom Brady has a playoff QB rating of 44.
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 01-11-2014 at 06:38 PM.

vCash
    [QUOTE=More-Than-Most;27779635]
    Quote Originally Posted by cmb0310 View Post
    Brady isnt close to Rodgers in the playoffs. Brady has been mediocre in the playoffs to be brutally honest. 90 percent of brady playoff success was his first 2 seasons and even then he was close to what Rodgers has been in the playoffs.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...vePh00/splits/

It was said on a sports show earlier... In the past 10 years Tom Brady has a playoff QB rating of 44.[/QUOTE

Lol okay thanks for rivers stats btw. There was a debate over luck vs Rodgers because he has a terrible record in close games and outside of there Super Bowl run did he do much of anything? Maybe his qb rating was good but that doesn't really matter does it?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast