Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 136
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    6,093
    vCash
    1500

    The Official Injury Thread: Nash out; Xavier out 3-4 weeks; Pau back soon?

    From ESPN:

    LOS ANGELES -- With 10 of the team's 15 games coming on the road, January figures to be difficult for the Los Angeles Lakers. But there might be a silver lining at the end of the month in the form of a future Hall of Fame backcourt returning to the fold.

    Coach Mike D'Antoni said after shootaround in preparation for Friday night's game against the Los Angeles Clippers that Kobe Bryant (fracture of the lateral tibial plateau in his left knee) and Steve Nash (nerve root irritation in his back and hamstrings) will be re-evaluated Jan. 27, when the Lakers return to L.A. after an upcoming 12-day, seven-game trip.

    If they are cleared, the veteran guards could play shortly thereafter. Nash has been out since Nov. 10, and Bryant has been sidelined since Dec. 17.

    D'Antoni recently joked that a bus will show up at the team's practice facility in February and drop off the five currently injured Lakers players, all healthy and ready to contribute. But it turns out the players' returns will be staggered.

    D'Antoni said that, on Monday, Xavier Henry (bone bruise in his right knee) will be the first of the group to be examined.

    "He could possibly play on this road trip or he could be out the rest of the season," D'Antoni told ESPNLA 710 radio Friday. "So, it's like one or the other."

    Steve Blake (torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow) will be re-evaluated around the same time as Bryant and Nash, according to D'Antoni. Before returning to game action, Blake would need seven to 10 days to rehabilitate and strengthen his elbow, which has been stabilized in a protective brace.

    Jordan Farmar (left hamstring tear) practiced form shooting this week but won't be back until "sometime in February," according to D'Antoni.

    "I think a lot of the injuries, we had them all the time, except with MRIs they diagnose them a little bit better [now]," D'Antoni told reporters Friday. "You played with them [in the past] and you didn't know you had them. But now you got them and you're out four weeks."
    More in the article about the FO and post play philosophy.

    There's probably no (legal) way to prevent our players from getting healthy, but that's obviously not good in terms of landing a high draft pick. Ideally we'll move our best players before the trade deadline for future assets/cap relief and that will help sink the ship no matter who's left.

    [Hey Mods: you know what would be super awesome? Changing the default quote settings so that quoted text is NOT italicized. It's already set off in a different width and color, you know?]
    Last edited by shep33; 02-14-2014 at 01:23 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    20,669
    vCash
    1500
    If we are still trying to win after January...I'm gonna give up on our FO

    Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    19,109
    vCash
    1500
    This is not a POffs team, dumbtoni has no drive. Just tank baby!

    "Killer Instinct"

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    791
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GailGoodrich View Post
    From ESPN:



    More in the article about the FO and post play philosophy.

    There's probably no (legal) way to prevent our players from getting healthy, but that's obviously not good in terms of landing a high draft pick. Ideally we'll move our best players before the trade deadline for future assets/cap relief and that will help sink the ship no matter who's left.

    [Hey Mods: you know what would be super awesome? Changing the default quote settings so that quoted text is NOT italicized. It's already set off in a different width and color, you know?]
    Well, I was right all along.....FIRE GARY VITTI!!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    28,629
    vCash
    1500
    Adding these guys will probably still not make us a playoff team but you can surely kiss a top draft pick goodbye.


    Free As Seagull.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    376
    vCash
    1500
    I'm going to re evaluate my bank account on Jan 27th, doesn't mean there will be a million dollars there....

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    6,093
    vCash
    1500
    The good news is that a lot of these reports are about upcoming 'evalutions' rather than actual projections about when a player will return. I mean, when X can either play on this road trip or be out for the season there's obviously some flexibility built into the evaluation process.

    My gut says that the team is going to bring guys back verrrrrrrrrry slowly. Only a month ago, when we were playing halfway decent, we had guys coming back from injury quickly, but that's clearly not been the case since Kobe went down again.

    Ideally, even if Nash is healthy enough to play, we sit him and let him rest and heal up even more. Maybe he practices, maybe he 'coaches' Marhall and Farmar and Blake, but we don't need his production until next year at the earliest.

    Kobe sets his own agenda and I think he'll lace 'em up when he wants to.

    Blake, Farmar and X should all be brought along slowly so they're fully healed and reliable. Say, by late May.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    15,097
    vCash
    1500
    #tanknation is coming for them

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    No. Cal
    Posts
    436
    vCash
    1500
    Hahaha yes!! Fire Vitti!! Hire Conrad Murray!!


    Anyways, Kobe's return won't necessarily translate to victories guys...

    !!!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    28,683
    vCash
    1500
    Kobe needs to sit this out...

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,858
    vCash
    1500
    Well the old men in a up and down style launching 3s is on. Lakers are confuse. Kobe or Pau sits Mike style. Why don't they trade Pau for Picks or something? No use bringing him back to play for Mike his days as a Laker is numbered. As for Kobe toxic contract in the new CBA while rebuilding has to be one of the stupidest move a front office can make. Is this the same dude that tell the help this is my team and you cant have it until I am gone? Look at Kobe last night its going to be the longest 2 years he has ever had. Can he really handle it? Lakers try to be big dogs extending Kobe for a thank you contract but it was stupid. Just as stupid as all those picks and cash they give up for a 40 year old pg.
    Last edited by ldawg; 01-11-2014 at 09:43 PM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    9,084
    vCash
    1500
    who cares if these guys come back...

    it is only a matter time before Pau, Hill and Kaman go down

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    6,071
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    who cares if these guys come back...

    it is only a matter time before Pau, Hill and Kaman go down
    And hopefully we trade Pau before this happens. It would be so typical for Pau to get some sort of injury that would destroy what's left of his trade value.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    6,071
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    Kobe needs to sit this out...
    Kobe could be the biggest obstacle to us getting a top 5 pick.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Irvine
    Posts
    3,995
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Well the old men in a up and down style launching 3s is on. Lakers are confuse. Kobe or Pau sits Mike style. Why don't they trade Pau for Picks or something? No use bringing him back to play for Mike his days as a Laker is numbered. As for Kobe toxic contract in the new CBA while rebuilding has to be one of the stupidest move a front office can make. Is this the same dude that tell the help this is my team and you cant have it until I am gone? Look at Kobe last night its going to be the longest 2 years he has ever had. Can he really handle it? Lakers try to be big dogs extending Kobe for a thank you contract but it was stupid. Just as stupid as all those picks and cash they give up for a 40 year old pg.
    Pau is worth more than just a draft pick. It's why I think it was good the FO didn't act on the Bynum trade. They obviously smelled Cleveland's sham tactic to use the lakers to garner what they really wanted which was Deng.

    Kobe's contract is not a thank you deal. It's a smart business move for the Lakers. I wouldn't judge the FO until they get this off season. They won't trade Pau unless they're getting something more than draft licks in return. You saw how poor they played when Pau was out of the line up a few games ago. The problem is that they stink even with him but it's not Paus fault. It has a lot to do with lack of talent around Pau. I mean the lakers right now are basically like putting Pau on a d league team.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •