Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    6deep is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash

Knicks want a shot at Andre Miller, get calls for Tyson

The Knicks are now said to want to work their way into the bidding for Denver’s very available Andre Miller, but the same problem that doomed New York in the Lowry chase a month ago -- limited assets to offer -- doesn’t bring much hope.

" The Knicks continue to get calls for center Tyson Chandler and, according to sources close to the situation, continue to scoff at every one. New York, to this point, has no interest in parting with its defensive anchor. (Which is smart if the Knicks are set on re-signing Carmelo Anthony to that megadeal this summer.)

" Orlando, meanwhile, continues to give the same stiff-arm to teams registering interest in shooting guard Arron Afflalo. The difference there, though, is that some rival clubs aren't convinced that the Magic’s stance is as absolute as the Knicks’ stance is with Chandler.

http://espn.go.com/blog/marc-stein/p...eague-showcase
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    A few years too late to get Miller. He would have been a great acquisition 5 years ago.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

vCash
    Would love to get Miller for JR but you'd probably have to find a 3rd team to take JR.

vCash
    The Knicks should do nothing but focus on getting better. And that includes showcasing that JR can still play.

We can trade JR before the all star break if we play well during the month of January, reestablish ourselves as a team going past the 1st round of the playoffs. Hopefully, the value of JR, Beno, Felton and Even Murray increase singnificantly during that run so we can swing a small deal for the playoffs.

Side note: I really hope Metta comes back healthy and offers this team the bench defender, shooter, leader and tough minded player we thought we were getting. I think he's still got something left that we will need in the playoffs and I hope it's there when we get there... Meaning, don't trade miller in a potential Miller deal.

vCash
    We need veterans on this team so miller makes sense but I doubt Denver wants jr or Felton.

vCash
    Knicks FO are jokes and they let the one guy with a clue go.

You down play the JR incidents, and now you play him, you get him back on track and then you pull the trigger.

I'm sure teams now have an interest more so in Shump and thats what it will take for JR, we all know he's capable but with Shump and Timmy on the roster we can't use him any longer, time to see if we get anything back, but it will take a couple shump like games to peak any interest.

Miller? If Felton can play anywhere near the Heat game we should not lose assists for Miller that's just dumb at this point, I'd rather see Toure keep maturing and get more burn. Pablo is now running so soon Toure will sit because Mike is a fool who preaches defense but leaves the defense on the bench.

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    Yet another stupid rumor that has absolutely no legs that everyone will debate about for 3 days that'll disappear like a tornado in a sinkhole. ....

vCash
    Don't fall for the media bs, this ain't real, we got four pgs, no trade makes sense for us or them. They already a small team with a cluttered backcourt. The media has nothing bad to talk about, and this is what they have to do to compensate.

vCash
    Yea lets just have 6 PGs while were at it.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation that’s critical. He’s one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.”

vCash
    No need for Miller at this point. He is certainly smarter than Felton, but the age hurts. However, I am not adverse to moving Chandler. Although I like him as a player and for his character, he has been physically declining. Depends on what is offered for him. For example, I would move him to Houston for Asik and Lin. and then try to move Lin to Toronto for Lowry.

vCash
    My guess is that the Miller talk is nothing more than a swap of malcontents.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation that’s critical. He’s one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.”

vCash
    Can't afford to play JR any more games and have him lose us more games and no way does Denver want him back in town. I would like Andre Miller but he is old, we don't have any expendable assets and there's not a PG here worth mentoring to justify moving one of our few assets.

Tyson isn't going anywhere, can't hurt to ask though. He needs to drink some robitussin or something to get over that sickness.

vCash
    Miller is out in Den, they don't want him, he's done there. Don't give them anything for him, he's their problem, not ours.

So happy this horrible front office doesn't have the "assets" to get him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankstheknicks View Post
    Yet another stupid rumor that has absolutely no legs that everyone will debate about for 3 days that'll disappear like a tornado in a sinkhole. ....
    That and repeatedly trashing the coach and most of the players seems to be pretty much the point of this board....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 6deep View Post
    The Knicks are now said to want to work their way into the bidding for Denver’s very available Andre Miller, but the same problem that doomed New York in the Lowry chase a month ago -- limited assets to offer -- doesn’t bring much hope.

" The Knicks continue to get calls for center Tyson Chandler and, according to sources close to the situation, continue to scoff at every one. New York, to this point, has no interest in parting with its defensive anchor. (Which is smart if the Knicks are set on re-signing Carmelo Anthony to that megadeal this summer.)

" Orlando, meanwhile, continues to give the same stiff-arm to teams registering interest in shooting guard Arron Afflalo. The difference there, though, is that some rival clubs aren't convinced that the Magic’s stance is as absolute as the Knicks’ stance is with Chandler.

http://espn.go.com/blog/marc-stein/p...eague-showcase
    Tyson Chandler for Mosgov and Wilson Chandler and cut Jr . W. Chandler is much better than Jr and not a nut case
    Last edited by doorag; 01-11-2014 at 05:15 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast