Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Pau in His Prime With Current Squad

How far would a prime Pau Gasol take this current roster and coaching staff? No Kobe or Nash, but a healthy X, Farmar, and Blake with Pau being the main man when he was in his prime. Does anyone see this team being a 5th seed or above?

vCash
    8th seed at best

vCash
    Pau cant be a 1st option

Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

vCash
    .500, late lottery.

vCash
    I honestly don't think it would make any difference.

vCash
    Lol pau first option?!

Look what he's done in memphis and ask yourself again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LakersDudeee View Post
    How far would a prime Pau Gasol take this current roster and coaching staff? No Kobe or Nash, but a healthy X, Farmar, and Blake with Pau being the main man when he was in his prime. Does anyone see this team being a 5th seed or above?
    He could not lead a much better team over Memphis,this one is not even close. Gasoft!

vCash
    January 11, 2014 Updates

MT: Where do you see Gasol’s future with the team? Kupchak: Pau is going to be a free agent this summer. He’s playing at a high level right now, and there's no reason why he can't play at a high level and finish this season as a Laker. Once July 1st rolls around, we’re going to have an option to extend him, and he’s going to have options to move on to other teams. Years and money will probably be a factor, and I don’t know how that will play out. I do know that he has tremendous loyalty to this city and this franchise, and I think if all things were constant, he’d love to continue to play here, and we'd love to have him here. NBA.com
    Los Angeles Lakers, Free Agency, Trade, Pau Gasol
    MT: Does Gasol’s expiring contract make him more or less of an asset? Kupchak: Whether his contract is expiring or not, he's a huge asset. You could argue he’d be more valuable if he were under contract for two or three years. A team may say, not about Pau but in general, let me make a deal for this guy because he’s on an expiring contract and then I can look at him before deciding what to do on July 1. But with some players who are established in this league and are of age, you could argue that, what’s to figure out here? Why wouldn’t you want this guy for three years on your team? It depends how you look at it. NBA.com
    MT: Is he viewed as that kind of an asset around the league? Kupchak: From much who is given, much is expected. Sometimes you just can't measure up to some people's expectations. Pau is a great player and he is a future Hall of Famer. NBA.com
    - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/los_....CWnDYWni.dpuf

In other words,Adios Gasoft! Of course he has to say that he is playing his basketball in order to preserve any value left. But he is gone before February. They might try to see what happen when most injure layers a re back and then make the decision.

vCash
    Exactly where we're at.

We're losing because we lost blake and farmar. d'antoni is a pg coach, give him a pg and his team will succeed, lose all 3 and his team dies.

i personally believe this team would've done well if nash, blake and farmer were still healthy. then again, Blake is so much better than Nash now. I also think Blake or Nash running the offense with Kobe playing off them without hte ball in his hands so much would've been really efficient but then again thats all pure speculation.

Just keep losing!

Trade Pau for a pick

Cut Nash

This is how we do it! I still believe

vCash
    Pau in his prime was a superb second option. He was not a floor leader....he could not put the team on his back and win a game, which is the astounding "wtf" of why he is making $19 million a year. Without a healthy Kobe on the floor, Pau is just another big guy....give him 30 shots and he'll get you 25 points. Give him the ball down 1 with 6 seconds to play...and we'll lose

vCash
    trade pau for love straight up..

PLAN B

SIM LEAGUE NETS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LakersDudeee View Post
    Absolutely.U give me the '09 & '10 Pau,with the team u described,I can see this team as a 3rd seed.Man u add youth,speed,athleticism,the ability to make outside shots,the ability to get to the hole and the league's best bench with the best big man in the game,this team would be dangerous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by big c View Post
    Absolutely.U give me the '09 & '10 Pau,with the team u described,I can see this team as a 3rd seed.Man u add youth,speed,athleticism,the ability to make outside shots,the ability to get to the hole and the league's best bench with the best big man in the game,this team would be dangerous.
    aaaaaaawwwww look at the cute little laker fanboy

vCash
    D'Antonis system doesn't implement the Bigs very well so a prime Pau wouldn't make much of a difference.

BTW I don't think a prime Michael Jordan could get these cast offs to a 3rd seed in the west.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kobe24-TJ19- View Post
    Pau cant be a 1st option
    y

"It’s absolutely ludicrous” (to judge players based on whether they’ve won a title.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast