Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

A-Rod Appeal is in, he is going to miss 2014

Saves the Yankees some cash. Big deal for them.

Will be suspended 162 games

Now does A-Rod turns this over to a judge (attempt to)?

vCash

Alex Rodriguez suspended 162 games

This just in: Yankees 3B Alex Rodriguez suspended 162 games -- one full season.
    Arod says he will take the 162 game decision to federal court in a lawsuit #Yankees
    So unless there is some reversal, #Yankees will save #27.5M on luxury tax payroll. Thus still have some chance to get under $189M especially if the #Yankees don't get Tanaka
    Whole thing was a farce.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    I hate A-Rod with almost all I have (though, a bit less than I used to)...but I hate even more that the Yankees don't have to pay him.

His playoff return should be a doozy!!

JK. Playoffs?

EDIT: didn't notice it was including the playoffs. Ignore my silly dumb joke

vCash
    Here is Alex Rodriguez's statement on his 162-game ban.

“The number of games sadly comes as no surprise, as the deck has been stacked against me from day one. This is one man’s decision, that was not put before a fair and impartial jury, does not involve me having failed a single drug test, is at odds with the facts and is inconsistent with the terms of the Joint Drug Agreement and the Basic Agreement, and relies on testimony and documents that would never have been allowed in any court in the United States because they are false and wholly unreliable. This injustice is MLB’s first step toward abolishing guaranteed contracts in the 2016 bargaining round, instituting lifetime bans for single violations of drug policy, and further insulating its corrupt investigative program from any variety defense by accused players, or any variety of objective review.

I have been clear that I did not use performance enhancing substances as alleged in the notice of discipline, or violate the Basic Agreement or the Joint Drug Agreement in any manner, and in order to prove it I will take this fight to federal court. I am confident that when a Federal Judge reviews the entirety of the record, the hearsay testimony of a criminal whose own records demonstrate that he dealt drugs to minors, and the lack of credible evidence put forth by MLB, that the judge will find that the panel blatantly disregarded the law and facts, and will overturn the suspension. No player should have to go through what I have been dealing with, and I am exhausting all options to ensure not only that I get justice, but that players’ contracts and rights are protected through the next round of bargaining, and that the MLB investigation and arbitration process cannot be used against others in the future the way it is currently being used to unjustly punish me.
    Arod has zero credibility.

Waaaa
    Waaaa
    Waaaa.

Such a self-centered egomaniac.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    Regardless of how guilty A-Rod was, this whole thing was corrupt as hell. Selig and the Yankees are complicit in this.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash

A-Rod Appeal is in, he is going to miss 2014

Man A-Rod almost sounds like he believes what he's sayin.

I'm a big proponent of steroid users being in the Hall. But the way A-Rod is really diminishing in self I almost would prefer to see him kept out (and he likely will be).

As for the suspension.. He sucks anyways so it doesn't effect me. Only frustrating thing is I think the money should stay on the books and it should affect their tax threshold.

vCash
    You better believe he's going to appeal to Federal Court.

MLB better hope they have a clean and clear paper trail or this could get considerably more ugly.
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    Regardless of how guilty A-Rod was, this whole thing was corrupt as hell. Selig and the Yankees are complicit in this.
    Not even a question in my mind.

Yankees went out and signed Beltran, Ellsbury, and McCann... All the while, they're saying they believe theyc. An get under $189. Only way that was even remotely possible was an A-Rod 162 game suspension.

vCash
    This injustice is MLB’s first step toward abolishing guaranteed contracts in the 2016 bargaining round, instituting lifetime bans for single violations of drug policy, and further insulating its corrupt investigative program from any variety defense by accused players, or any variety of objective review.
    Think there's actually any truth to that? Because, whoa.

vCash
    Dude is as guilty as they come. Accepting a 65 game suspension implies guilt in my eyes. If he were truly innocent he would not accept any penalty.

And bringing up what MLB would like to do with the next CBA is a clear sign of a desperate man grasping at straws. Trying to get people on his side by any means necessary. Pathetic!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    Please submit your evidence of corruption.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragedy View Post
    Not even a question in my mind.

Yankees went out and signed Beltran, Ellsbury, and McCann... All the while, they're saying they believe theyc. An get under $189. Only way that was even remotely possible was an A-Rod 162 game suspension.
    No. They were not saying that at all. Find me a quote. In fact, Steinbrenner backed off a full commitment to being under $189m a long long time ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    You better believe he's going to appeal to Federal Court.

MLB better hope they have a clean and clear paper trail or this could get considerably more ugly.
    Not really.

Actually, the case would not be against MLB, but against the arbitrator in that he overstepped his bounds -- because Federal Courts are reluctant to overturn arbitration decisions that are collectively bargained...so it will largely come to whether or not the arbitrator did his job within the parameters of what he is allowed to do and how he is allowed to rule.

The MLBPA has already stated that they understand that the decision is binding.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Dude is as guilty as they come. Accepting a 65 game suspension implies guilt in my eyes. If he were truly innocent he would not accept any penalty.

And bringing up what MLB would like to do with the next CBA is a clear sign of a desperate man grasping at straws. Trying to get people on his side by any means necessary. Pathetic!
    Or a logical next step after seeing the player's union bow to Selig here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Here is Alex Rodriguez's statement on his 162-game ban.

Arod has zero credibility.

Waaaa
    Waaaa
    Waaaa.

Such a self-centered egomaniac.
    The MLB has 0 credibility after how they handled this...

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast