Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Mel Tucker: Stay or Go?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep Mel Tucker

4 66.67%
  • Hire a New Defensive Coordinator

2 33.33%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

2014 Mock GM Series #2: Defensive Coordinator Dilemma

Part two of this "keep db75" entertained series revolves around a fictional scenario in which you, the General Manager, get to decide what to do with our Defensive Coordinator position. Yes, this is fictional. No, the numbers aren't right. I'm just curious to see what those in the forum think are/are not solutions to some of our problems.

The scenario: You can bring in any name to the Chicago Bears to be the defensive coordinator that is not currently a defensive coordinator in the NFL. They will sign a 5 year, $15 mil contract to be our defensive coordinator. However, Mel Tucker is already under contract for the same 5 year, $15mil terms. However, all of Mel's salary is guaranteed per the terms of his contract.

So what do you do - do you keep Mel, or do you fire him and sign anyone you want paying effectively 5 years/$30 mil for a defensive coordinator? Whatever you decide, provide your rationale - and if you hire a new defensive coordinator, say who and why.

NFC North: Leading the League in Stupid.

vCash
    Keep Tucker. Give him some new young players via FA and Draft and actually let him run the defense that he wants instead of running something else to please the veterans. He got dealt a ****ty hand IMO and should be given another chance. You know what makes most DCs look good? Actually having a good allotment of players. Tucker did not have that.

Bosa'd

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

vCash
    You've got to wonder how much Tucker trying to run Lovie's defense played into last year's woes. Couple that with missing so many key players, it must have been hard trying to get everything to fit together.

I'd like to see what he can do next year without so many holdovers from the Lovie Smith era and with his own playbook.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    Keep Tucker and let him run what he prefers. Give him real pass rushers and his scheme and things should be better.

vCash
    Keeeeeeeeeep Tucker. For reasons that have already been said a million times

Jimmy <3

vCash
    Yeah I want tucker to get back to his old form at Jacksonville where he had his own players and scheme.. There he ranked 30th in overall defense and last in sacks... Those stats sound fimilar... **** him he straight sucks at football. I don't want another lost season to prove what stats have already proven.

our future

vCash
    We are in a Passing league. Pressure to the QB is key.

Here is how tucker has fared at his time at coordinator in sacks
    32nd
    30th
    25th
    32nd
    32nd

our future

vCash
    ^ whole lotta pukin goin on

vCash
    Jacksonville and Cleveland and this year's Chicago injured defense, he has arguably coached the least talented defense collection of players in the league since 2008.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ho_va2006 View Post
    Jacksonville and Cleveland and this year's Chicago injured defense, he has arguably coached the least talented defense collection of players in the league since 2008.
    False

our future

vCash
    I'm not upset if he gets axed, but I think he's better than he's gonna get credit for.

vCash
    If we get someone new it should be someone from the Seahawks defensive staff. I want to run a hybrid defense the way they do. I love their scheme.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    If we get someone new it should be someone from the Seahawks defensive staff. I want to run a hybrid defense the way they do. I love their scheme.
    Which coach would be the hardest part. Secondary, DL, LB, safety? They're all great.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebrez bears/ View Post
    False
    You wanna elaborate on that?

Jimmy <3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    You wanna elaborate on that?
    I think I will leave it at that considering you are saying he's never had a roster good enough to life him off of am average of last place over a 5-6 period and three teams...

When every girl is "crazy" and your relationships never work out, sometimes it just may be you

our future

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast