Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Doug Collins:"there isn't a guy in this years draft that will be a franchise changer"

Obviously I'm paraphrasing but for those of you watching the pregame show on ESPN(forgot the name ) you guys heard Doug Collins claim that not a single guy in this years class is a franchise changer. Somewhat of a bold claim in my opinion considering how much hype this drafts class has gotten. Just wanted to spark a topic of conversation between the fans of teams that could possibly end with a lottery pick.

vCash
    It seems like we are entering an era devoid of upper echelon talent, but one rich with overall talent, if that makes sense. If thats the case then the impact a single player can have on a franchise is getting minuscule, so in that sense I agree with Collins.

That said, I hope Im wrong, I hope more we get more once a generation type talent (yes I know its a cliche that makes no sense)
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

vCash
    You never know about this stuff...but the list of true franchise changers is so thin these days, and always has been, that it's not that bold of an opinion. Right now it's LeBron, Durant and Paul. That's it.

The perception (that's all it is, because only time will tell) of this draft definitely has shifted. It feels more like a VERY deep draft with a lot of equal talent, and talent at all positions, at the top. But that top-end talent doesn't quite look like once-in-a-generation talent any more. Wiggins has gone from the crowned prince to just a mere top-5 prospect. Jabari's stock remains high, but he's drawing more comps to Paul Pierce/Melo than a true "franchise changer"...no disrespect to either. But it doesn't seem like there's that next-level talent any more...and maybe 6 months ago it did.

It's whatever. He may be right, he may be wrong. But it will be a close call either way.

vCash
    this is such ********, embiid, wiggins, parker and exum all have chances of being franchise changing players. Randle, Gordon, and Smart are all terrific prospects. it's just really hard to guage these guys at 18 years old. exum and wiggins in particular are gonna be studs on the wing, both have terrific 2 way potential.

people said the same thing about last draft but are Antentokoumpo and MCW not franchise altering talents? there haven't been many drafts completely void of a franchise altering player. people just be hating.

vCash
    I hate when people say stuff like this. The truth is he doesn't know **** and no one does. No one knows what is going to happen. **** you Doug

vCash
    Depends what he means by franchise changer. A guy like Lebron or durant, maybe not. But there's guys in this draft who can easily change a franchise ala George, melo, harden etc.
    My Ignore list: Naps, bucketss, iknowhoops....

2014 Adopt a Packer
    Randall Cobb

Receptions: 11
    Yards: 97
    Tds: 3

vCash
    Even if it's believed that there are no true franchice altering talents available, there is always one or two surprise talents that alter the state of the franchise that they were drafted by.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    You never know about this stuff...but the list of true franchise changers is so thin these days, and always has been, that it's not that bold of an opinion. Right now it's LeBron, Durant and Paul. That's it.

The perception (that's all it is, because only time will tell) of this draft definitely has shifted. It feels more like a VERY deep draft with a lot of equal talent, and talent at all positions, at the top. But that top-end talent doesn't quite look like once-in-a-generation talent any more. Wiggins has gone from the crowned prince to just a mere top-5 prospect. Jabari's stock remains high, but he's drawing more comps to Paul Pierce/Melo than a true "franchise changer"...no disrespect to either. But it doesn't seem like there's that next-level talent any more...and maybe 6 months ago it did.

It's whatever. He may be right, he may be wrong. But it will be a close call either way.
    How the hell is Chris Paul a franchise changer? He hasn't won a ring or even been to the finals before....Duncan and Lebron are franchise changers....
    Chris Paul hasn't done anything more than Carmelo Anthony and most fans call him overrated and a loser. Paul is just another star in the league...but in order to be a franchise changer i think you need to be a winner or knocking on the door....Chris Paul isn't that lmao.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jerellh528 View Post
    Depends what he means by franchise changer. A guy like Lebron or durant, maybe not. But there's guys in this draft who can easily change a franchise ala George, melo, harden etc.
    this is true

very few can have the talent that lebron and duncan have

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sammyvine View Post
    How the hell is Chris Paul a franchise changer? He hasn't won a ring or even been to the finals before....Duncan and Lebron are franchise changers....
    Chris Paul hasn't done anything more than Carmelo Anthony and most fans call him overrated and a loser. Paul is just another star in the league...but in order to be a franchise changer i think you need to be a winner or knocking on the door....Chris Paul isn't that lmao.
    That you compare him to Melo means you wont see eye to eye with us on this one. You dont need to win a ring or accomplish another sort of arbitrary TEAM benchmark when you define franchise changing talent by the impact they have on the team and its players. CP3 led teams have overachieved significantly beyond their talent. Melo is overrated because you have people thinking hes been his teams best player from day 1, the strength of their argument consisting of BUCKETZ .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    It seems like we are entering an era devoid of upper echelon talent, but one rich with overall talent, if that makes sense. If thats the case then the impact a single player can have on a franchise is getting minuscule, so in that sense I agree with Collins.

That said, I hope Im wrong, I hope more we get more once a generation type talent (yes I know its a cliche that makes no sense)
    do you think any of it may have to do with our NCAA not developing the special talent like it used to? Meaning, are players now coming into teams that are either dysfunctional, or designating them for a role?

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    this draft is overrated only because they are comparing it to 03', 84', and 96' classes. In that respect, from what I have seen, this class is not as good. But I do believe Parker is a franchise changer, and both Wiggins and Randle have star potential. Emblid, Smart, and Exum all look to be very high talents as well.

Better than the last few drafts. Maybe compare to the 08' draft would be more realistic expectations...

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    No clue Hawk, I dont even know its true just feels like it to me. And I dont know what to blame it on, the other view would be that its harder to stand out in a sea of players who aren't that much worse than you.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    vCash
    I tend to agree, not any Chris Pauls or Lebron James in this draft, but i see lots of really good players,

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    That you compare him to Melo means you wont see eye to eye with us on this one. You dont need to win a ring or accomplish another sort of arbitrary TEAM benchmark when you define franchise changing talent by the impact they have on the team and its players. CP3 led teams have overachieved significantly beyond their talent. Melo is overrated because you have people thinking hes been his teams best player from day 1, the strength of their argument consisting of BUCKETZ .
    I'll elaborate a bit on this by dropping 2 names Stockton and Nash. I SHOULDN'T need to say anything else so we'll just leave it at that.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast