Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Raiders try outs

The Raiders brought in Atlanta Falcons former first round pick and #7 overall of the 2007 draft, DE Jamaal Anderson for a workout. They also brought in former Jets RB Joe Mcknight along with 6 others for a workout. No players have officially been signed as far as I know. Typing from my phone, so no link provided, but news is coming from multiple reliable sources. Google that ish!
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slvr&blck760 View Post
    The Raiders brought in Atlanta Falcons former first round pick and #7 overall of the 2007 draft, DE Jamaal Anderson for a workout. They also brought in former Jets RB Joe Mcknight along with 6 others for a workout. No players have officially been signed as far as I know. Typing from my phone, so no link provided, but news is coming from multiple reliable sources. Google that ish!
    More possible future contract players. We will see a handful of non rookies signed for the 90 spots then the rest will be filled with UDFAR after the draft.
    Raiders Keith McGill

PSD Mock Draft Raiders GM
    1st Anothony Barr OLB UCLA
    2nd Dominique Easley DT University of Florida
    3rd Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee
    4th Bashaud Breeland, CB, Clemson
    4th Jordan Zumwalt ILB/OLB UCLA
    5th Justin Ellis, DT, Louisiana Tech
    5th Richard Rodgers, TE, California
    5th Vinnie Sunseri, S, Alabama
    6th Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska
    7th Terrance Mitchell, CB, Oregon
    7th Keith Wenning, QB, Ball State

vCash
    Why are we going after hasbeens with all the cap space we have? Let's spend some money in March ,and get some real players that can truly take us to the next level.
    Eat to live don't live to eat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiderx510 View Post
    Why are we going after hasbeens with all the cap space we have? Let's spend some money in March ,and get some real players that can truly take us to the next level.
    reggie is looking for a diamond in the rough or untapped potential i would guess

vCash
    Because they are being signed to future contracts which means still no money spent at this time. We cant spend money on FA's till free agency starts. All guys from try outs were FA players during week 17 and after.
    Raiders Keith McGill

PSD Mock Draft Raiders GM
    1st Anothony Barr OLB UCLA
    2nd Dominique Easley DT University of Florida
    3rd Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee
    4th Bashaud Breeland, CB, Clemson
    4th Jordan Zumwalt ILB/OLB UCLA
    5th Justin Ellis, DT, Louisiana Tech
    5th Richard Rodgers, TE, California
    5th Vinnie Sunseri, S, Alabama
    6th Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska
    7th Terrance Mitchell, CB, Oregon
    7th Keith Wenning, QB, Ball State

vCash
    It does not hurt to bring in players, we owe them no money, we are just reserving the rights to get a look at them without someone else swooping on them. Many of these guys are not has-beens, many are players who were drafted (top 3 rounds) high and something went wrong in their careers...injury, lack of performance, whatever. Some of them could turn out to be gems. Some of these guys are ready to make their mark and prove their detractors wrong.
    510, Sometimes you pick a bunch of blackberries so that you can freeze them and make a pie later in the year, that is all we are doing and guess what...we are picking from someone else's blackberry bushes and they might be better than ours...and it still costs us nothing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Because they are being signed to future contracts which means still no money spent at this time. We cant spend money on FA's till free agency starts. All guys from try outs were FA players during week 17 and after.
    I understand all of that my question is why? In March we can go after anyone we want why waste time with rejects? We're doing what we used to have to do trying to find a diamond in the rough like, 52 said ,but we'll have money to buy real diamonds next year so why are we acting like we don't have money to spend?

vCash
    This type of activity is rather standard, it just seems different to us Raider fans after years of being extreme, in this case negative, exceptions. There is never downside to noncommittal exploration of personnel.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 52urface View Post
    reggie is looking for a diamond in the rough or untapped potential i would guess
    True I am all for looking at every option there is to make the team better but we better land some big FAs this year with all this money we have. Or gutting the team will have been for nothing.

And you are what your record says you are.
    Sure liked the two years before DA and RM 1 game away from playoffs.
    And some say we are better off today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    It does not hurt to bring in players, we owe them no money, we are just reserving the rights to get a look at them without someone else swooping on them. Many of these guys are not has-beens, many are players who were drafted (top 3 rounds) high and something went wrong in their careers...injury, lack of performance, whatever. Some of them could turn out to be gems. Some of these guys are ready to make their mark and prove their detractors wrong.
    510, Sometimes you pick a bunch of blackberries so that you can freeze them and make a pie later in the year, that is all we are doing and guess what...we are picking from someone else's blackberry bushes and they might be better than ours...and it still costs us nothing.
    Hmmmmm ok Wolf just seems like the same old way we've had to operate for years now. But i guess it doesn't hurt to take a look at a few who for whatever reason got let go from other teams.

I can't wait till March so we can go after some proven players that can really help our team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Renz13 View Post
    This type of activity is rather standard, it just seems different to us Raider fans after years of being extreme, in this case negative, exceptions. There is never downside to noncommittal exploration of personnel.
    Well said my brother.

vCash
    510, depth is a major issue and an area in which these type of players, though not necessarily those mentioned, are possible roster supplements. It really isn't worth your consternation. It's no more than exploration to cost-appropriate options for depth. I wouldn't sweat it.

On another note, I wouldn't expect a splurge in the first wave in March either. It just doesn't coincide with RM's philosophy, and rightfully so in my opinion. Of course, he could be pressured to alter his methods. I doubt it though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiderx510:27775058
    Well said my brother.
    Sorry, 510. I obviously articulated things poorly. I'm pretty sure I meant the opposite of your interpretation. As always, I love the passion though!

vCash
    Sorry, 510. I obviously articulated things poorly. I'm pretty sure I meant the opposite of your interpretation. As always, I love the passion though!
    No i got you Renz i think it's me overreacting i am still angry about this season you guys are right it doesn't hurt to take a look.

vCash
    I just hope that RM does follow his ways from the days in GB and if this means not throwing out a ton of money during the off-season I am all for it!!

He has done an good job signing quality (compared to the salary they were getting) during FA and I hope he stays the course!

Build through the draft and add veteran leadership! Keep it cheap so you can sign the players needed! Just look at GB being able to sign Clay Matthews and Rodgers in the same season!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast