Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Two Canadians and a Rival Gamethread

Well folks, somehow I completely missed it but we're already halfway through the regular season. We have the Oilers tonight, Flames tomorrow, and Caps on Wednesday. The games tonight and tomorrow are at 10 and the Caps game is at 8, all weird start times.

I was planning on doing a little special thread showing where we stand in a couple different categories but just a quick look:

We currently have a 7 point lead in the East and are 4th overall
    4th in goals per game
    8th in goals against per game
    2nd in power play percentage
    2nd in penalty kill percentage
    (That's great special teams work)
    Crosby has an 11 point lead in the overall leaders

vCash

Two Canadians and a Rival Gamethread

A lot of close games lately. The pens seem to have a hard time closing out games and letting the opponent scratch back to tying or blowing the lead. With that being said they have quite a lead in the division. Just hope they find the killer instinct come playoff time which there is plenty of time to find it

vCash
    omg my 14 year old just told me Calgary is in the southwest united states. Around Georgia or Alabama the school system at its best
    Last edited by t2a2e9j12; 01-11-2014 at 10:24 PM.
    crap whats is my name

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by t2a2e9j12 View Post
    omg my 14 year old just told me Calgary is in the southwest united states. Around Georgia or Alabama the school system at its best
    Lol don't feel too bad, I'm currently a substitute teacher and these are literally things I've heard from this past week alone:

Philadelphia is a state right?
    Which state is Chicago in?
    (After informing her it was in Illinois) So there's like a 5 hour difference between them and us right?

Needless to say, geography is apparently not stressed in grade schools

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by t2a2e9j12:27781967
    Haha

vCash
    Per Rob Rossi, Bennett is still out 4 weeks, Vitale 3, and Gibbons the closest at 1

vCash
    Crazy game tonight. Being down two with what, 10 minutes left and then to have Maata score the game winner with about 2 minutes just capped it all off. Crowd seemed into it as well, booing Ovechkin every time he touched the puck

vCash
    good game for pens hey we won that's what matters. Pens should start a mistake jar every bad play or lack of hustle play drop a bill in the jar. The first goal was bad pass by letang and lack of hustle by malkin. we were on a dam pp.

On a side note I cant wait until we are 100 % healthy and got are chemistry and all players going same direction.
    crap whats is my name

vCash
    maatta play real good after what seemed to be a few games were he was showing his age
    crap whats is my name

vCash
    Agreed about the mistakes and Maata.

In other news, two AHL players were sent back down today (don't feel like typing out their names lol), as well as Despres. Despres probably means that Martin will return, which is a good thing, but it's a shame he can't stick up here