Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Is Carmelo Leaving? not trolling

I am hearing all these rumors from the national media that Carmelo is going to leave. Is this just being blown up by the media or has something that has roots. Who better to ask than a fanbase?

so is this mostly fabricated or you have genuine concern?

I think it would be hard for him to leave you guys personally. With how he forced his way in, and how big New Yorks media is. He would get eaten alive if he left i think.
    plus he would have to take less money with the bulls.

what do you think?

vCash
    Who knows, honestly. If he leaves, he leaves. I have enjoyed his time here though. I want him to stay, but only if he takes a pay cut.

Welcome to the #tape

vCash
    How we finish this season will have a lot to do with it. Melo loves his $$$ but I also think he would leave $30M on the table if it meant joining a perennial contender.

I am confident he's not just gonna walk and leave us high and dry. The only team he could flat out sign with is LAL, and there are a million reasons that doesn't make sense. I think the only options are CHI, LAC, NYK. Can he sign with CHI outright? That would scare me a little bit - but if he's going to LAC were gonna have to trade and in that scenario I don't really mind him leaving.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    He is afforded many things within the NYK that he wouldn't get elsewhere. We basically let him and his cronies run the show, we do everything in our power to make him happy, get rid of guys he doesn't want, add guys he does want, get rid of coaches, add coaches etc. NYC is NYC, and you know he loves that spotlight.

I do think were gonna have to either end the season on a serious tear or make some sort of trade to keep him here. If we don't make the playoffs or get bounced in the first round and there are no moves on the horizon he is probably a goner.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    How we finish this season will have a lot to do with it. Melo loves his $$$ but I also think he would leave $30M on the table if it meant joining a perennial contender.

I am confident he's not just gonna walk and leave us high and dry. The only team he could flat out sign with is LAL, and there are a million reasons that doesn't make sense. I think the only options are CHI, LAC, NYK. Can he sign with CHI outright? That would scare me a little bit - but if he's going to LAC were gonna have to trade and in that scenario I don't really mind him leaving.
    Dont think he can sign with bulls outright now bulls would need to add more fuel to this firesale that appears to be happening. Quite possible if a trade of dunleavy or hinrich happens in the next few weeks, and forsure if you see a trade of gibson. Quite unlikely if you ask me

vCash
    No....

JETS KNICKS YANKEES

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    Him- Lebron- Cleveland

This little piggie went wee-wee-wee all over himself.

But how? How does it wee?

vCash
    I'd bet a considerable sum of money today that he stays. Anyone wanna take the other end of that bet. PM me
    Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

So Tired of Melo Ball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    I'd bet a considerable sum of money today that he stays. Anyone wanna take the other end of that bet. PM me
    What makes you so sure

vCash
    Believe half of what you see, and nothing you hear!..Melo not going anywhere!

vCash
    I don't know the last Knicks player who left supermax contract for another team. But if he leaves than so be it we will still have shump, hardway, 2015pick and crap load of capspace.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D_Rose1118 View Post
    What makes you so sure
    1) Money - Lots of it

2) Attachment to NY

3) His team

4) Where's he gonna go? Share the ball with Kobe on a Mike D team?

5) People like to pretend that other rosters are packed with the talent he needs, but this roster has plenty. Young talent (Iman, THK, Murry), defensive anchor (Tyson), decent role player and cap space in 2015.

6) His image

7) The Wife (although I assume she'd be okay with LA)

And I never said I was sure. I said I'd bet on it. No such thing as a sure bet.
    Last edited by Shawn2timer; 01-10-2014 at 03:53 PM.
    Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

So Tired of Melo Ball

vCash

Is Carmelo Leaving? not trolling

I can't see him walking away from the money and the spotlight. But mostly the money

vCash
    Anything's possible, but I sincerely doubt he's going anywhere. Leaving $30 million on the table to take a gamble on winning a ring probably isn't a realistic scenario. I suppose if there's some sweetheart deal for him somewhere, (like a ticket to Miami) but I don't see any of those on the horizon. I've heard talk of Chicago, but I personally think Rose is done, and I'm willing to bet Melo does too.

vCash
    To be honest with you I seriously dont know. I think the Knicks FO knows more than you and I believe when it comes to Melo and his FA status. They really keep things quiet and shady from the public which is fine as long as they have a plan to back it up with. What is that plan exactly? IMO, getting Melo more help instead of depending on JR smith to be our second option....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast