Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

league of denial

I'm sure this has been talked about before when it first came out, but I'm reading the league of denial book and it has to be the most eye opening thing I've ever read. I used be one of the people complaining about what the game is becoming but after reading this book I can't complain anymore. These "minor brain injuries" are insane. Hearing the stories of what former players have gone through and the doctors involved trying so hard for so long to get there findings heard by the nfl who tried any way possible to deny what was really happening is terrible. I would like to say though the nfl has taken a step forward after the playoff games last week. Multiple concussions and nobody went back in the game. They showed that saints corner trying so hard to talk his way back in the game but they took his helmet away, so bravo nfl for finally acknowledging this is a problem. And for those who say well these are adults who are compensated blah blah, there are thousands and thousands of children out there playing football and if they see concussed nfl players going back in the game maybe they won't say anything when they get a head injury and that's obviously not the message that should be sent to them.

vCash
    They need to sell it to the parties involved (players, fans coaches) instead of shoving it down their throats like they currently are.

vCash
    I got it too and read it.

Is it sad to say that I'm not shocked that the NFL has tried to cover this type of thing up. And what else have they covered up? This book is the beginning of the end for the NFL IMO.
    #BanMiltstar

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot Pride View Post
    They need to sell it to the parties involved (players, fans coaches) instead of shoving it down their throats like they currently are.
    What the book itself?

vCash
    They know what they are doing they are just to greedy to care.. end of story.. As far as the kids so now the NFL has to pay for **** parents as well? B/c it's the NFL fault they use the TV to teach..

PSD's Sling Blade and lions forum bouncer

2013 tied for 1st place -PSD(lions forum) NFL pick'em
    2012 Lions draft contest winner
    Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 #22 winner
    2010, 2011, 2012 best argument

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I'm a Lions fan we aren't allowed to dream of success so I don't let others do so either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I got it too and read it.

Is it sad to say that I'm not shocked that the NFL has tried to cover this type of thing up. And what else have they covered up? This book is the beginning of the end for the NFL IMO.
    I doubt it's the end for the NFL.. But it definitely makes them look awful and I have little respect for all the nfl higher ups

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cmb0310 View Post
    What the book itself?
    I think he meant the measures by which they are trying to instill change.
    #BanMiltstar

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by det32 View Post
    They know what they are doing they are just to greedy to care.. end of story.. As far as the kids so now the NFL has to pay for **** parents as well? B/c it's the NFL fault they use the TV to teach..
    Lol. What. These guys are heroes to people especially kids. If a kid is insanely into football and they play an watch it and they see there favorite player take a head shot and get back in then I think they could take it upon themselves to be like I have to not say anything and keep playing because my favorite player did the same thing. I don't think this is a parenting situation.. A really high percentage of people watch football in the us. Are you saying parents shouldn't let kids watch football ever they should all be reading books at all times or else parents are terrible?

vCash
    What the book itself?
    I think he meant the measures by which they are trying to instill change.
    Oh. Yeah, I felt the same way before reading this book. I really had no idea to the extent this can effect someone's brain. The mike Webster story is so crazy. It sucks sometimes, but it's probably necessary to protect players, and protect the nfl from more lawsuits.

vCash
    I doubt it's the end for the NFL.. But it definitely makes them look awful and I have little respect for all the nfl higher ups
    I'm just saying the is the start.

I got this gut feeling that this is just the tip of the iceberg. I think some investigative journalist is going to read this and start to get into the NFL. It's going to take someone with cahoonas not tied to the NFL to do it.

I think is CNN partnered with PBS to do that special on football concussions it comes out. But because it was ESPN, and they know their cash cow, they backed down.
    #BanMiltstar

vCash
    I'm just saying the is the start.

I got this gut feeling that this is just the tip of the iceberg. I think some investigative journalist is going to read this and start to get into the NFL. It's going to take someone with cahoonas not tied to the NFL to do it.

I think is CNN partnered with PBS to do that special on football concussions it comes out. But because it was ESPN, and they know their cash cow, they backed down.
    Yeah. I kind of hope so at this point. I love the nfl but every corporation has some crookedness and I wonder what else is covered up.

vCash
    Oh. Yeah, I felt the same way before reading this book. I really had no idea to the extent this can effect someone's brain. The mike Webster story is so crazy. It sucks sometimes, but it's probably necessary to protect players, and protect the nfl from more lawsuits.
    I coach HS level football. As soon as I finished this book, I went to the school, told them I want 30 copies (thats the size of our team, single A size) to give to the kids. The AD, Super, HC, and Principal read it and bought enough for every contact sport. Thats where it's got to start. HC coaches making players read it.

Some change goes top to bottom. This is something that goes bottom to top.
    #BanMiltstar

vCash
    I coach HS level football. As soon as I finished this book, I went to the school, told them I want 30 copies (thats the size of our team, single A size) to give to the kids. The AD, Super, HC, and Principal read it and bought enough for every contact sport. Thats where it's got to start. HC coaches making players read it.

Some change goes top to bottom. This is something that goes bottom to top.
    Wow that's awesome, and I totally agree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cmb0310:27772797
    Quote Originally Posted by det32 View Post
    Lol. What. These guys are heroes to people especially kids. If a kid is insanely into football and they play an watch it and they see there favorite player take a head shot and get back in then I think they could take it upon themselves to be like I have to not say anything and keep playing because my favorite player did the same thing. I don't think this is a parenting situation.. A really high percentage of people watch football in the us. Are you saying parents shouldn't let kids watch football ever they should all be reading books at all times or else parents are terrible?
    A really high of percentage of parents suck.. and no the kids should be able to watch football but if there parents don't tell them what's wrong with that it's on them..

Same problem with G.T.A games. It not the games fault people act it out its the parents

It must be nice to be so brain washed

PSD's Sling Blade and lions forum bouncer

2013 tied for 1st place -PSD(lions forum) NFL pick'em
    2012 Lions draft contest winner
    Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 #22 winner
    2010, 2011, 2012 best argument

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I'm a Lions fan we aren't allowed to dream of success so I don't let others do so either.

vCash
    Yeah. I kind of hope so at this point. I love the nfl but every corporation has some crookedness and I wonder what else is covered up.
    I don't think they are fixing game crooked. But there is some fishy things.

There's this. There is the fact that they didn't study the Spygate tapes, they just destroyed them. Refusal to make a better pension plan for retired players. It just makes me think if there is other things they are covering up.
    #BanMiltstar

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast