Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Carl Landry

vCash

Carl Landry

Hey guy's been a while since i've made a thread on here. I figured since nobody really talks about him much. I was wondering does anybody have some info on his return?? Shouln't he be about ready to suit up soon?

Also, Whenever he does return? How do you think he'll fit in with Cousins, Gay and Thomas. I know he'll start because he is our best PF on paper. Do you think he makes a big difference for us once he begins to play? His mid range game will help out alot. JT, you can't rely on him from the perimeter, matter fact none of our 4's we can rely on from the perimeter. I think Landry will help out alot when he returns. Sometimes, I watch our games and I tend to forget he's even apart of the team.

I think he'll help out alot. His last stint here was solid until the last half of the season before he got traded. He slumped off and really wasn't as reliable as he was when he forst got traded here and he putting up consistently bad play. But he got his groove back with GS last season, though and is familiar with Coach Malone, so i'm looking to see him really help out the team and add more wins for us.

p.s. I can't wait for the day JT is traded. lol i'm sorry but he has to go. I think once we get rid of him then we're going to get better. He's a solid rebounder at times but offensively he's just not consistent and he has brick hands and can't really finish around the rim when contested. His jumper used to seem respectable from mid range but now he doesn't seem that confident in it. Although his post skills have improved a bit(noticeably his hook shots) he's just not cutting it for us. I think the sooner we get him off the team we'll be better off.

But the main questions are? When is Carl Landry's return to the court? And Can Carl Landry help us win more games with the current roster we have with Cousins, now playing at an all star level, Rudy Gay and Thomas? would he mesh well with those guys and can he be the missing the piece that could help this team get to the next level?
    I'm excited about Kings basketball again!

vCash
    I, personally, am not a fan of Landry whatsoever. I think he is overpaid. I think his contract is going to be a problem in the future. And I think he brings very little value to this team other than locker room presence. And I think we missed out on other FAs that could have brought more to this team by signing him.

If he helps our young players progress, then I'm OK with him. But I'd really have to see that he is the cause for an improvement in team chemistry.

vCash
    I agree ^. I don't think he will help much at all. we already have a terrific offense that can put up big points. its at the defensive end that we need help. he isn't going help us on that end. I do think he was way overpaid and this signing still makes no sense to me.

vCash
    Yes. Defensively, he offers less to this team than Thompson IMO... We need size and shot blocking. Still don't know why we didn't keep robin Lopez, but signed Landry instead...

vCash
    Landry should return by end of the month. Last i read is he's doing 3 on 3 drills. He won't be a big help because he's not a defensive guy. He's certainly not someone that can defend the rim.

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    http://imgur.com/a/4UK1e <---- BEST 10-15 SECONDS EVER

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Landry should return by end of the month. Last i read is he's doing 3 on 3 drills. He won't be a big help because he's not a defensive guy. He's certainly not someone that can defend the rim.
    He'll be a help though. Our 2nd unit will h ave more of a bite.

vCash
    Anytime we can add some IQ to the floor its a good thing..
    The RANADIVE Era

vCash
    Was good in garbage time today

vCash
    He had a nice crafty post move in the lane. His vet leadership and winner's mentality will be welcome.

vCash
    Picked him up in fantasy. Time for a Cinderella Run

This is probably what the Spurs feel like right now

Boogie Cousins for MVP 2014

vCash
    Why hasn't cvietti been active on it at all?

This is probably what the Spurs feel like right now

Boogie Cousins for MVP 2014

vCash
    He's gnna help...he has good bball I.q.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    Yes. Defensively, he offers less to this team than Thompson IMO... We need size and shot blocking. Still don't know why we didn't keep robin Lopez, but signed Landry instead...
    Thompson offers almost nothing to begin with...Horrible basketball IQ, bad defense, not much on offense. Decent rebounder, but that's about it.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    ^ Jason Thompson has some of the worst hands in the NBA, he can't ever catch a ball cleanly.

Plus the mouth breathing.... I've yet to see him once with his mouth closed & not looking dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    You can't spell Worley without W.

vCash
    I must be the only Kings fan that likes JT.