Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Now's Your Chance, Bettman

Gary Bettman should take advantage of baseball's weaknesses to get new viewership. I would do whatever it takes to unseat baseball as the #3 sport in the US. Baseball is losing its touch with the younger generation. Slow games, bad umps, horrible HOF voting system, uncontrolled spending (even from a Yankee fan myself, tired of their spending), mishandling steroid era (for legalizing it because people shrink their dongs anyways or hurt their lives in the long run, so idc), etc. I am seriously considering to stop watching all together. Hockey is a great sport for people in Gen Y to watch. Fighting, quick pace action, hard hits, skilled players, a lot of team work, etc. Just listening to Doc Emerick makes me feel right at home watching the NHL on national TV. Doc is too good and legendary. He owns Vin Scully any day of the week and three times on Sundays.

vCash
    **** that we're going after the NBA too!

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2014/01/...s-the-country/

First Milk Crates, Now Water Bottles.....Nothing is Safe

vCash
    Ya i read a puck daddy article that said the NHL is doing better (attendance-wise) than the NBA right now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    Ya i read a puck daddy article that said the NHL is doing better (attendance-wise) than the NBA right now
    Well, in the Eastern Conference, that makes a ton of sense. The competition is so sub-par. Only two legit teams at winning the Finals, and one is too young/ in bad era to win it all. Miami dominates the sport so many times. Hockey is a lot more affordable too. The San Jose Sharks coming to town will cost only $7 to see and $13 to go in the lower bowl when they play the Panthers. I just find the prices too cheap. I am going for free with my friends anyways. If I had to choose a favorite team to root for in the West, San Jose would be a team because I am a Marleau, Thornton, and Pavelski fan.

vCash
    Yeah basketball sucks

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade n Fade View Post
    Well, in the Eastern Conference, that makes a ton of sense. The competition is so sub-par. Only two legit teams at winning the Finals, and one is too young/ in bad era to win it all. Miami dominates the sport so many times. Hockey is a lot more affordable too. The San Jose Sharks coming to town will cost only $7 to see and $13 to go in the lower bowl when they play the Panthers. I just find the prices too cheap. I am going for free with my friends anyways. If I had to choose a favorite team to root for in the West, San Jose would be a team because I am a Marleau, Thornton, and Pavelski fan.
    In terms of it being cheap...I get the feeling that is a Panthers issue and not a league wide one. To sit in those seats at a Blackhawks game, it will cost you atleast 20times that amount.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    **** that we're going after the NBA too!

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2014/01/...s-the-country/
    Well to that article's point Detroit is hockeytown so no matter what the Pistons do they'll NEVER pass the Red Wings. That and the pistons are utter garbage anyway so why bother paying attention.

That said I'd love it if hockey passed the NBA. Hockey has always been one of the most entertaining and fun sports to watch. I'm an NFL guy first but no playoffs, NFL included, is more exciting than hockey's.

Catches: 3 Yards: 38 TDs: 0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    In terms of it being cheap...I get the feeling that is a Panthers issue and not a league wide one. To sit in those seats at a Blackhawks game, it will cost you atleast 20times that amount.
    Yeah for sure. I actually have a friend (hawks season ticket holder) who also bought Panthers season tickets for $7 a game. He goes when Hawks are there and sells the rest. They gave him a jersey and concert tickets as well. He said he's in the black already.

vCash
    I find the NBA to be the stupidest, most over dramatized ******** currently being played in America. That sport has the worst fans, they pander to star players every want/need more than any sport, the administration of the league is awful and the rulebook is outdated. Unfortunately, the NFL is also trending this way. I also find the NFL extremely boring unless it's around week 13, a game between rivals, or the playoffs anyway.
    "whoever started is a retardedd" - Marco Reus aka TO aka Karen aka Karan

"Him and Greene make like not make a mistake" - Hacob

"I love watching him, he just stands and bangs" - DIRK

vCash
    I try to watch every Toronto Raptor game/any big game they have on ABC or what ever channel but that game just flat out sucks. 1 guy can win a game for a team and the guys that have that talent are only like 50% of the teams.

Hockey players take pucks and sticks to the face and guys march on but when Lebron gets tickled then the Refs scream bloody murder. I'll stick with Hockey

vCash
    I also religiously watch the Cowboys and Wizards too. So I'm not coming from a standpoint of complete and total bias.
    "whoever started is a retardedd" - Marco Reus aka TO aka Karen aka Karan

"Him and Greene make like not make a mistake" - Hacob

"I love watching him, he just stands and bangs" - DIRK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade n Fade View Post
    Gary Bettman should take advantage of baseball's weaknesses to get new viewership. I would do whatever it takes to unseat baseball as the #3 sport in the US. Baseball is losing its touch with the younger generation. Slow games, bad umps, horrible HOF voting system, uncontrolled spending (even from a Yankee fan myself, tired of their spending), mishandling steroid era (for legalizing it because people shrink their dongs anyways or hurt their lives in the long run, so idc), etc. I am seriously considering to stop watching all together. Hockey is a great sport for people in Gen Y to watch. Fighting, quick pace action, hard hits, skilled players, a lot of team work, etc. Just listening to Doc Emerick makes me feel right at home watching the NHL on national TV. Doc is too good and legendary. He owns Vin Scully any day of the week and three times on Sundays.
    I would think as far as viewership and attendance across a full season of each sport baseball has the most. They do play more games and the owners/players players make so much more $$$

Though I could be wrong.

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    How could anyone not enjoy hockey over baseball?

**** man, hockey is one of the most exciting sports in the world in my eyes. Hits, passion, intensity, so many powerful words can describe hockey. I'm a Mets fan and I think baseball is rather boring.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlznerson View Post
    I find the NBA to be the stupidest, most over dramatized ******** currently being played in America. That sport has the worst fans, they pander to star players every want/need more than any sport, the administration of the league is awful and the rulebook is outdated. Unfortunately, the NFL is also trending this way. I also find the NFL extremely boring unless it's around week 13, a game between rivals, or the playoffs anyway.
    I was on Facebook a couple hours ago and there's this game between the Nets and the Heat. They are wearing jerseys with not the last names, but the nicknames of the players. This is got to be one of the stupidest ideas ever for professional sports

vCash
    The NHL's current attendance is impressive. Even the Panthers are above 86% at home and my Leafs are at 111% overall. I am impressed with the Panthers stats since I am fan of them as well.
    http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance

Now, the Puckdaddy article is good evidence to shut up the NBA only fans. I like the NBA more than hockey because I just like the sport of basketball more, but I am objective with both sports. The NHL is the toughest sport to play out of the top North American sports. Skating, passing a puck, taking a huge hit, etc while having to fight, use constantly plays to score past sharp goalies is difficult. The NHL players should be paid more than NBA, NFL, and MLB players based on talent and how much work is required to make the NHL.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast