AFC Divisional Round: #6 San Diego Chargers @ #1 Denver Broncos

SAN DIEGO CHARGERS
    vs.
    DENVER BRONCOS

QB.........RB...........WR...........DEF

January 12th
    4:40 PM ET

Credited to: Brave Kid
    Last edited by Dr Cyanide 28; 01-10-2014 at 04:27 PM.

vCash
    Broncos.

The edge of the Broncos Offense against the Chargers Defense is slightly better than the Chargers Offense over the Broncos Defense.
    Warning, my sig is NSFW. But hot damn is it hot:

Click here to see how awesome.

vCash
    I was about to do the same thing, create the rest of the GD threads
    Seattle Seahawks Seattle Mariners Los Angeles Clippers Anaheim Ducks

vCash
    But on that note, GO BOLTS!
    Seattle Seahawks Seattle Mariners Los Angeles Clippers Anaheim Ducks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawker562 View Post
    I was about to do the same thing, create the rest of the GD threads
    go ahead and do the others if you wish. I care about all the games, but I am a Broncos fan and couldn't wait any longer for this thread.

vCash
    Here are my Broncos' keys to success.

1. Denver must absolutely stop their run game.
    The last time that Denver met the Chargers, they ran for over 100 yards... on first downs. That is unacceptable. If they are running so effectively on first down, that leads to short 3rd downs. Also the Chargers had something like 34 to 16 run to pass attempts against the bengals. They are relying on that run game. If Denver stops their run game, they make them have to convert long 3rds and give their CBs a chance to blanket some chargers. To do this, Denver needs their dline to step it up. The improvement from Sylvester Williams and the addition of Mincey will be huge in stopping the Charger's run game. Also need continued solid play in the run game from Nate Irving. If denver can hold the Chargers under 100 yards rushing, denver wins this game.

2. Protect Manning at all costs.
    These Charger's may not have the best defense in the world, but their pass rush seems to give the Broncos Oline fits. Denver must be able to contain them and give Manning as much time as possible. True Manning gets the ball out fast, but denver also has the weapons where giving Manning a split second longer with the ball will result in big plays. Corey Luiget and Melvin Ingram are splash players that show up constantly on tape. Neutralize those two, and the broncos offense will have a great day.

3. Convert third downs to extend drives.
    Last time against the Chargers, the Broncos really struggled on third downs. A big reason this occurred was because they were without Slot Machine Welker. Even with Welker though, denver needs to make sure that they are converting on third downs. This keeps the ball in Manning's hands, and keep their offense off the field.

4. Limit the big play
    The thing that has killed denver in many games these past few years has been the big play. This is something that the Chargers have the ability to do with a few good receiving options and Phillip Rivers. Also, ever since Moore went down, Denver's safety play has been questionable at best. They must be able to play well in the deep part of the field and limit Rivers opportunities to throw it deep.

5. Receivers must play Physical!
    I cannot tell you how many times a ball has slipped by our receivers because they were more focused on drawing the PI then making a play. This is the playoffs and you can't expect to get those calls. The chargers have big corners, even if they are not the best. The receivers must be strong off the line at the snap and also attack the ball in the air. The secondary takes after their leader, Eric Weddle, and plays hard nosed ball. If they punch us, Denver's receivers must punch back.

vCash
    Denver in a close one. Let's say 34-30
    Lakers
    49ers
    Dodgers

vCash
    Having Bailey, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, and Wes Welker back will be big for this game. We had a hard time stopping them on third down because rookie Kayvon Webster couldn't stop anything and was constantly picked on. Now Champ is in the slot and Harris is on the outside, and results have been good so far, granted a small sample size. Having Wes back will be huge in converting 3rd downs, as there are not many better slot receivers in the NFL. Also Julius Thomas and Peyton Manning are both healthier than last time we played the Chargers.

Very interested to see the injury report for the Chargers as we get closer to Sunday. Hardwick and Matthews injuries might somewhat limit their run attack.

vCash
    Chargers~

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eye View Post
    Chargers~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74GdZs2Ilk4

vCash
    Chargers run through the Broncos and Peyton throws 3 INT's
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = 12-4
    Warriors = 49-31 Making it rain!
    A's = 8-4 Back to Back AL West Champs!
    WINNING!

vCash

AFC Divisional Round: #6 San Diego Chargers @ #1 Denver Broncos

Already got the early +10 on the chargers and I absolutely love the chargers getting those points, they've played in close game all year long always playing to to their competition. I say Denver squeaks out a close one 34-30

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lincecum=future View Post
    Already got the early +10 on the chargers and I absolutely love the chargers getting those points, they've played in close game all year long always playing to to their competition. I say Denver squeaks out a close one 34-30
    Hmm...that score looks familiar.
    Lakers
    49ers
    Dodgers

vCash
    Broncos cover the spread.

Wrestling & Bobcats Mod

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    Having Bailey, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, and Wes Welker back will be big for this game. We had a hard time stopping them on third down because rookie Kayvon Webster couldn't stop anything and was constantly picked on. Now Champ is in the slot and Harris is on the outside, and results have been good so far, granted a small sample size. Having Wes back will be huge in converting 3rd downs, as there are not many better slot receivers in the NFL. Also Julius Thomas and Peyton Manning are both healthier than last time we played the Chargers.

Very interested to see the injury report for the Chargers as we get closer to Sunday. Hardwick and Matthews injuries might somewhat limit their run attack.
    Yep. I'm optimistic with Champ from what we saw at the end. I still worry that injury could get reaggravated, but I am far more confident with the secondary with him in and Webster out.

I'm very nervous for the game and won't be absolutely shocked if SD pulls the upset, but do think Denver will win. The last time the teams meet, the Broncos played like a bunch undisciplined fools. Bad penalties, miscommunications on D that lead to points and got severely outcoached. I don't think it'll happen twice, at least hope not.
    You're talking to me all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron. Hey, tell me, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!

Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast