Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eli Manning

vCash

Eli Manning

Eli is on pace to be the quarterback to throw the 2ND most interceptions in a career.

Of course Brett Favre is first with 330+. Eli is on pace for about 300.

vCash
    I don't know what you want to debate here?

That said, I posted this in another thread in the past.

What do Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, Eli Manning, Ben Roethlisberger and Drew Brees have in common?

They have all won at least one SB as a QB and they have all led the league in INTs!

There is a fine line between courageous play and foolhardy play!
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

3. 01-09-2014, 05:33 PM
    Reason
    Insults

4. 01-09-2014, 06:00 PM
    Reason
    Response to a deleted post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    I don't know what you want to debate here?

That said, I posted this in another thread in the past.

What do Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, Eli Manning, Ben Roethlisberger and Drew Brees have in common?

They have all won at least one SB as a QB and they have all led the league in INTs!

There is a fine line between courageous play and foolhardy play!
    The answer is the same line as to why Jamie Moyer has given up the most Home Runs for a pitcher. You have to be good enough to have a long career, but not bad enough that you end up a backup.
    Warning, my sig is NSFW. But hot damn is it hot:

Click here to see how awesome.

vCash
    Mediocre QB who will always be overrated because of the notion that superbowls are a cool way to judge individuals. Eli is a tough SOB though and has a sick deep ball. Other then that it is all down hill. He is the QB that needs a ton of crap around him to be successful on a regular basis but is over paid and hinders the team from putting those weapons around him... He has small spurts where he can look like the best QB in the world but can never sustain that play for more than a couple of games and right after falls off a cliff.

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    I was bashed by fellow Giants fans in the pre-season for starting a thread in the Giants forum called, "It's time to worry about Eli." He has not been right since the end of the last SB run. At first I thought it was the arm. People were calling it tired. But I think the problem is between his ears. He currently holds the consecutive games started record in the NFL--he hasn't missed a start his entire career. In the 2011 season and postseason, he took a Rocky Balboa-esque beating, incurring the most QB hits and pressures in the league according to PFF (which makes that entire season even more remarkable), with the San Francisco 49ers playing the role of Ivan Drago. I've never seen a QB take a beating like that from the opening whistle to the end of overtime. I'm worried about brain damage--I'm not kidding. At this point, I honestly wouldn't mind him pulling a Peyton and taking an entire year off to rehab. All this said, Eli Manning is my favorite player of all time, and I'm pulling for him harder than anyone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremiahWing View Post
    I was bashed by fellow Giants fans in the pre-season for starting a thread in the Giants forum called, "It's time to worry about Eli." He has not been right since the end of the last SB run. At first I thought it was the arm. People were calling it tired. But I think the problem is between his ears. He currently holds the consecutive games started record in the NFL--he hasn't missed a start his entire career. In the 2011 season and postseason, he took a Rocky Balboa-esque beating, incurring the most QB hits and pressures in the league according to PFF (which makes that entire season even more remarkable), with the San Francisco 49ers playing the role of Ivan Drago. I've never seen a QB take a beating like that from the opening whistle to the end of overtime. I'm worried about brain damage--I'm not kidding. At this point, I honestly wouldn't mind him pulling a Peyton and taking an entire year off to rehab. All this said, Eli Manning is my favorite player of all time, and I'm pulling for him harder than anyone.
    Well said that's whats up

9. 01-09-2014, 06:31 PM
    Reason
    baiting and quoting deleted post(s)

vCash
    I feel very uncomfortable with the assertion that someone has brain damage. It's just not something to dread onto lightly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I feel very uncomfortable with the assertion that someone has brain damage. It's just not something to dread onto lightly.
    I'm not comfortable with it either. The problem is that NFL players with brain damage are appearing in droves. Eli never misses a start and takes BEATINGS. It's not the craziest speculation, and one that makes me really uncomfortable as a huge fan of his.

12. 01-09-2014, 06:43 PM
    Reason

vCash
    I'm not comfortable with it either. The problem is that NFL players with brain damage are appearing in droves. Eli never misses a start and takes BEATINGS. It's not the craziest speculation, and one that makes me really uncomfortable as a huge fan of his.
    Because then you are talking massive cover up. With such huge precautions in concussions and items like that. To say the doctors, coaching staffs, family, and Eli himself are all ignoring that is big.

I think it's between his ears, but in the way that his offensive line and run game is so bad that he takes it on himself to make all the plays.

vCash
    Not directed at you my man.

vCash
    Fun note... There have been many more QBs who have been hit way more and never got that excuse used for them. Its silly to jump to that conclusion of Brain Damage... Did he have Brain Damage several seasons ago when he tossed 25 interceptions then as well? I don't mind if you blame his lackluster play on the team around him because his team isn't great but Brain Damage? Really?

16. 01-09-2014, 06:54 PM
    Reason

vCash
    I just wanna know how a pocket QB with a depleted OL, zero run game, RB's can't run a screen, no WR help outside Cruz this yr, no TE lmao is suppose to perform, you tell me. And to call him Mediocre shows your lack of respect. This guy has owed the best qbs in the game in money time. OWNED THEM(outside Peyton). I love how SBs are overlooked. The guy did it twice as the 6th seed. The only qb in the league with 2 and let not act as if he ain't earned them.
    I'm done talking check the sig

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    I just wanna know how a pocket QB with a depleted OL, zero run game, RB's can't run a screen, no WR help outside Cruz this yr, no TE lmao is suppose to perform, you tell me. And to call him Mediocre shows your lack of respect. This guy has owed the best qbs in the game in money time. OWNED THEM(outside Peyton). I love how SBs are overlooked. The guy did it twice as the 6th seed. The only qb in the league with 2 and let not act as if he ain't earned them.
    I'm done talking check the sig
    There is nothing in the sig

vCash
    wow

vCash
    The sig
    don't talk, check out the resumè

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast