Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Colts' Pep Hamilton: Pats always tend to find ways to figure out some of your signals

The Indianapolis Colts and New England Patriots have a history of huge games over the last decade, but the rivalry doesn't feel the same since Peyton Manning left town. Perhaps offensive coordinator Pep Hamilton's words Thursday will spice things up.

Hamilton, fresh off a stint at Stanford, has his own history against the Patriots as an assistant under Herm Edwards from 2003 to 2005. Hamilton was asked about what he expects when he faces the Patriots.

"I do know for a fact that it was always a 60-minute chess match. It was ever-changing looks and disguises and they always tend to find ways to figure out some of your signals," Hamilton said.

The crack is in reference, of course, to New England being punished for stealing opposing signals in 2007 through illegal videotaping methods. Coach Bill Belichick was punished with a $500,000 fine for the infraction.

Hamilton went on to say what an honor it is to go against Belichick, whom he called one of the "greatest coaches in NFL history." We fully expect this quote to make the rounds, especially in New England.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...gn=Twitter_atl

Should be noted that this was said in a joking manner, but still probably not the smartest thing to say.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

#3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Well, this escalated quickly

vCash
    Well, even though this was tongue in cheek, he's actually not far off.

Especially this season, Patriots seem wayyy to good ant second half adjustments.
    Coulson Lives

vCash
    Seriously, who cares? It's part of sports. Always has been. Be better at hiding them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Well, even though this was tongue in cheek, he's actually not far off.

Especially this season, Patriots seem wayyy to good ant second half adjustments.
    The Patriots DO NOT MAKE second half adjustments. It is a fallacy. The Patriots make adjustments after every series or play. They would not wait for half time if adjustments needed to be made. They do not do anything special at half time.
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    The Patriots DO NOT MAKE second half adjustments. It is a fallacy. The Patriots make adjustments after every series or play. They would not wait for half time if adjustments needed to be made. They do not do anything special at half time.
    How do you explain the discrepancy between first and second half stats? It's big.
    Coulson Lives

vCash
    How do you explain the discrepancy between first and second half stats? It's big.
    Execution!

vCash
    Execution!
    It's hard to be that bad in the first half and that good in the second half.
    Coulson Lives

vCash
    It's hard to be that bad in the first half and that good in the second half.
    In this particular thing, you, and anyone else for that matter, can believe whatever you want. The Patriots are a game plan team. They would never scrap a weeks worth of planning in a 15 minute halftime period. Just the thought of it is ridiculous in the extreme. They do little more than the same execution stuff they do on the sidelines during the game. Additionally, why would 15 minutes at halftime somehow be more important than the 180 minutes of sideline time during the game? Just ridiculous.

vCash
    I'm not saying that they are cheating again or something.

It's just the in game changes and adjustments they make are outstanding, and hedge on the edge of unbelievable. They just do things with this that I find, abnormal to the rest of the NFL.
    Coulson Lives

vCash
    I'm not saying that they are cheating again or something.

It's just the in game changes and adjustments they make are outstanding, and hedge on the edge of unbelievable. They just do things with this that I find, abnormal to the rest of the NFL.
    I don't even know what you are saying. If you are implying that somehow the Patriots are cheating so be it. I won't argue that with you one way or another. I made my points on this. I am out.

vCash
    I don't even know what you are saying. If you are implying that somehow the Patriots are cheating so be it. I won't argue that with you one way or another. I made my points on this. I am out.
    Reason why I can't say that they are cheating is because I have no evidence. I won't accuse without it.

But this is just doesn't feel right that hey have such a large discrepancy between first and second half performance. Something feels off.
    Coulson Lives

vCash
    no way, people do their job and try and figure out what the other team is doing. Reminds me of baseball when a team tries to steal signs to see if someone is stealing. Happens all the time bro

vCash
    Everyone failing to notice here how indy has played TERRIBLE in the first half and amazing in the second half as well. Conditioning and depth are huge factors. Also having a vast playbook, giving teams different looks rather then the same looks where they tend to catch on.

vCash
    Maybe they are just getting better because of the half time adjustments Seahawks would do the same in games.

Just about that action boss.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast