Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Kevin Love calls out teammates

ESPN headline says he torches them but it wasn't in a bad way to me.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10...teammates-loss
    "We can't have two guys sitting at the end of the bench that play good minutes just sitting there and not getting up during timeouts,'' Love said, referring to the poor body language exhibited by veterans J.J. Barea and Dante Cunningham in the fourth quarter. "We all need to be in this together. That kind of [ticks] me off. We're supposed to be a team.''
    Hes technically right, RIGHT?

vCash
    Don't blame him at all.

vCash
    He's absolutely right. I hate seeing players sitting on the bench looking upset, sulking, out of team huddles; **** that. I don't care if you're down 50 points, be there with your team, show some spirit.

vCash
    If ESPN doesn't phrase it the way they did, the article wouldn't get as many hits. There's absolutely nothing wrong with what Love said. In fact, I couldn't agree with him more...JJ Barea is one of the last players in the league I'd expect to display that behavior to be honest.

vCash
    He's right.

I need to ask Hawkeye something lol. Does K-Love hate JJ Barea? I remember these two had to separated a year or two back

Wiggins-Mobile

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    He's right.

I need to ask Hawkeye something lol. Does K-Love hate JJ Barea? I remember these two had to separated a year or two back
    Even earlier this year, Love said something about the bench needing to play better & Barea wasn't thrilled with that.

Timberwolves backup point guard J.J. Barea took exception to star Kevin Love calling out the bench after Monday’s loss to Dallas.

“I don’t like it,” Barea said. “I don’t want to comment a lot on that. I definitely don’t like it.”

Like it or not, the Wolves bench heard the call and responded with 42 points in Wednesday night’s win against the Pelicans. On Monday, they had only five points in a loss to the Mavericks.

http://blogs.twincities.com/timberwo...enge-of-bench/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    Even earlier this year, Love said something about the bench needing to play better & Barea wasn't thrilled with that.

http://blogs.twincities.com/timberwo...enge-of-bench/
    Haha, yeah I think they hate each other. Thanks for the find KD

Wiggins-Mobile

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    ESPN headline says he torches them but it wasn't in a bad way to me.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10...teammates-loss

Hes technically right, RIGHT?

If he hadn't just gone 4-20 from the field, it would mean a lot more. He needs to take the blame for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post

The division is going to be ran by the Sixers and Raptors in three years. Book it.

vCash
    JJ Barea was good in dallas. Always played good vs the spurs. Not great, but good. Who cares if they stay sitting down. Love just made it into a big deal going and putting it out there to the media. For sure now they won't respect Love. Not what a leader does if you ask me.

vCash
    He is so gone...

MIN & NY need to trade JR for Barea...

wolves have a great starting 5 but their bench is pathetic.

vCash
    Nothing wrong with the sentiment at all. I hope he called them out privately before publicly though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    Haha, yeah I think they hate each other. Thanks for the find KD
    Seriously lol... That's how it goes though i guess. Personalities don't always click, and when you don't have that chemistry/respect with teammates it's tough to be successful. It'll be interesting to see how their coaching staff/management handles this.

vCash
    Even if your right, you don't call out specific players to the freakin' media. A 3 year old could decipher exactly who he was talking about. Thats not how you galvanize the troops. And the late game layup drill I saw last night for PHX was in big part due to KLove. Pekovic is great, but they really need a Tyson Chandler type anchor manning the paint for that team. They also should have went after Deng.

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IgC4j51ULM

Here's the fight between Barea and Love a season or two ago

Wiggins-Mobile

vCash
    yikes, yea shouldve kept quiet

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast