Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: We got a coach

vCash

We got a coach

Jay Gruden. Don't love it, but have to stand behind it. Obvious this is the guy Bruce Allen wanted, looking at all of the holdovers. Let's hope Andrew Hawkins and a 4-3 defense follows. I really want to get Kelvin Benjamin too, Gruden's new AJ Green. Benjamin, Hawkins, Garcon, Jordan Reed, Alfred Morris, Roy Helu, and RG3. Dirty.
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewredskin3 View Post
    At this point, Cousins gives us the best opportunity to win.
    30 minutes before RG3 goes down

Let's just keep RG3 in the game. Can't move and risking furthur injury. Great call.
    One play before RG3 goes down

vCash
    I like it

Don't Be A Lemon, Be A Rosebud!

vCash
    McVay is the OC. Raheem Morris possible DC. I like McVay a lot. Hopefully Haslett is gone and Morris incorporates a 4-3.

EDIT: Nevermind. Haslett is staying. Let's hope he gets some ****ing playmakers on defense. This could help out the chances of Orakpo staying. Haslett has said he thinks he's the most important player on defense.
    At this point, Cousins gives us the best opportunity to win.
    30 minutes before RG3 goes down

Let's just keep RG3 in the game. Can't move and risking furthur injury. Great call.
    One play before RG3 goes down

vCash
    just hope we don't overpay

Don't Be A Lemon, Be A Rosebud!

vCash
    Like the Gruden hire alot. Honestly dont totally hate the idea of Haslett staying as much as I thought i would. There was a lot of rumors that Shannahan was overriding Haslett the past 4 years and making his own calls on defense. Not sure if this is true or not. My main concern with Haslett is his ability (or lack there of) to get the most out of his players. Defensive players need to play with passion and fire, and I am not sure Haslett instills those qualities in his players. Personally, if the DC came from in-house, I would have rather seen Raheem Morris promoted. London Fletcher Tweeted this this morning: “Defensive struggles where not solely on salary cap #excuses #blahblahblah”,then “I think [Raheem] Morris as DC would be great choice! Brings energy & excitement! Would feel pretty good about HC, DC, & OC then!”

Maybe with Haslett we will be transitioning back to a 4-3, so who knows the defense could look very different than last year.

As far as McVay being promoted to OC, i will have to take a wait and see approach, much like Haslett at DC. He is only 27 years old, which is extremely young for a coordinator. John Keim insists that he works with players well and is well respected in the league, and has a bright mind. We will have to see what exactly his duties are.. Will McVay call his own plays on Sundays? Dont know. This is one of those situations that could be really good if he turns out to be a hot shot young OC, or very bad if his lack of inexperience stunts RG3s growth. Not saying I totally hate the idea of him being OC, but I definitley have my concerns.

My biggest concern regarding this whole staff is that Gruden is bringing in his buddies, just like Shannahan did. There needs to be a "no man" somewhere on the staff. We are basically an NFL version of their UFL team they coached in Florida. I wouldve rather seen Greg Williams or someone with no former relationship with Gruden on the staff as either OC or DC. There has to be checks and balances somewhere in the lockeroom. But hey, im not GM, so I could be wrong.
    Last edited by next_year91; 01-09-2014 at 01:57 PM.

vCash
    Jay Gruden. Don't love it, but have to stand behind it. Obvious this is the guy Bruce Allen wanted, looking at all of the holdovers. Let's hope Andrew Hawkins and a 4-3 defense follows. I really want to get Kelvin Benjamin too, Gruden's new AJ Green. Benjamin, Hawkins, Garcon, Jordan Reed, Alfred Morris, Roy Helu, and RG3. Dirty.
    The 4-3 should be coming and would be the best thing to do and would help to keep Orakpo. Our offense doesnt lack playmakers, but we could use a Kelvin Benjamin type guy at number 2 in the second round. I feel like FA is a BIG key to our season this year also. We'll see. Im exicted

vCash
    For years, the title Mr. Irrelevant has been bestowed on the final pick of the NFL draft. Since Dan Synder bought the Washington Redskins, that title has been ceded to our head coach, whoever he may be.

vCash
    I'm feeling really good about our offense now that I know it's not going to be some complete overhaul. Garcon was on Sportsnation today and said, as far as he knew, a lot of the verbiage is the same as the system we currently run.

When Gruden was asked about the systems we already ran, he said he liked a lot of the zone stretch/zone blocking stuff we already did and he didn't want to change it that much... which means we don't "need" an entire overhaul on the O-line and Alfred Morris will hopefully have the same impact as he did under Shanahan.

vCash
    Idk if anyone has seen or heard him say it yet, but on roto and on the radio today gruden said the 3-4 is staying

vCash
    That would be fine if the O-line didn't already need to be overhauled. lol

vCash
    I'm kinda tired of the small o line. If RGIII wants a pro style offense, we need a pro style line. Then run some read option now and then like Seattle. RGIII needs to produce more in the pocket.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsFan_1 View Post
    That would be fine if the O-line didn't already need to be overhauled. lol
    LOL I get what you are saying but imagine how bad it would be if we switched to a standard type of blocking scheme/protection with this unit intact...

vCash
    It has showed

vCash
    Oh cool, another coach grabbed because of his last name. LMFAO. So many better choices out there, doesn't surprise me though with Snyder. Go with a name fans will recognize.

Redskins | Nationals | Capitals | Wizards| D.C United