Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Nets are better without Brook

And by better, I mean faster. If you watch this team with and without brook, you really notice a difference in speed and tempo. With Brook on the floor, you see a lot of half court offense, isolation plays and when they turn the ball over it might as well be 4 on 5. Without Brook, the pace of the offense is quicker, transition defense is becoming less of a problem and the ball moves a lot more on offense which allows the whole team to be involved. With Kidd's smaller lineup, the Nets have improved a lot on both ends of the floor and look more and more like the contenders everyone thought they were going to be.

vCash
    Tough call. But the Nets do play significantly different with and without Brook.

East Flatbush to Canarsie to Roselle park
    vCash
    Livingston couldn't play with Brook, you need a guy to space the court.
    With the current lineup with other shooters, he is flourishing.
    Potentially they are better with Brook, but they are more fun to watch without him.

I am convinced they will either get the 3rd or 4th seed and make it to the second round.

They would really need a healthy Brook to compete with Indiana, but might be better off without him against the Heat. Not that they would beat either, just compete better, you never know, Garnett and Pierce might step it up in the playoffs,

vCash
    They have to play differently without the size in the middle. With the troubles the team has had, there is no choice. But in all truth, and I would assume most Nets fans would agree, I would rather see Brook playing than not.

vCash
    Not really an indication of Lopez being at fault for the losing at all. This team lacks consistent long range spot up shooters and was poor constructed to say the least around our best player Brook Lopez. BK didn't put the pieces that you need around a guy like Brook or a good floor general to create spacing since DWILL is always hurt and sucks the 1st half of the season. In short I think we are winning in spite of Brook being out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    In short I think we are winning in spite of Brook being out.
    Or we are winning because we are playing great team basketball. I am not taking anything away from Brook, I do believe he is a great player, he is just not a good fit for this team. The way Kidd has this team playing right now just wouldn't work if Brook was on the floor. The speed of the offense is very up tempo with a lot of ball movement and the transition defense is better than it has been. Its not a coincidence that more players are involved in the offense now than when Brook was playing.

vCash
    Not really an indication of Lopez being at fault for the losing at all. This team lacks consistent long range spot up shooters and was poor constructed to say the least around our best player Brook Lopez. BK didn't put the pieces that you need around a guy like Brook or a good floor general to create spacing since DWILL is always hurt and sucks the 1st half of the season. In short I think we are winning in spite of Brook being out.
    Brook can't pass. Nets have plenty of 3-point shooters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyHumph View Post
    Brook can't pass. Nets have plenty of 3-point shooters.
    wtf lopez isnt a pg the team was one of the worst shooting teams with and without brook

vCash
    wtf lopez isnt a pg the team was one of the worst shooting teams with and without brook
    If Lopez gets double teamed, he has to pass out. He is not good at it.

Deron, AA, Pierce, Mirza and JJ are all good 3-point shooters

vCash
    If Lopez gets double teamed, he has to pass out. He is not good at it.

Deron, AA, Pierce, Mirza and JJ are all good 3-point shooters
    They are good shooters who didn't start hitting shots until recently. We had one of the worst team 3P% in the NBA the 1st 2 months of the season. And last season we had guys like Gerald Wallace and Reggie Evans and Kris Humphries clogging up the paint next to him. Lopez isn't like the Gasol with his passing but he had improved last season on his ability to kick out the ball tho not great guys were just not hitting shots. I think the one benefit of Lopez being out is that it has allowed Blatche to improve and really work on his confidence but Lopez can be the anchor to a good offense while Blatche cannot. We'd be even more dangerous right now if Lopez were healthy.

vCash
    We'd be even more dangerous right now if Lopez were healthy.
    I don't know about that. I feel like since he's been out, it has allowed other players to come into their own. I'm not saying he's a bad player by any means but with the recent success of this team, he just doesn't fit in. We're an up tempo team now that likes to spread the floor, rebounding has improved and so has the defense. The ball movement that we have now is so much fun to watch. Players like JJ even said that before with Brook, we had no identity. Without him, it seems like everyone has and knows there role on the team now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oracle86 View Post
    I don't know about that. I feel like since he's been out, it has allowed other players to come into their own. I'm not saying he's a bad player by any means but with the recent success of this team, he just doesn't fit in. We're an up tempo team now that likes to spread the floor, rebounding has improved and so has the defense. The ball movement that we have now is so much fun to watch. Players like JJ even said that before with Brook, we had no identity. Without him, it seems like everyone has and knows there role on the team now.
    It's not like he hadn't already missed a bunch of games in November and that stretch at the end of december. We played even worse. It's a matter of chemistry and guys getting comfortable and buying into Kidd's system. But whatever is the Case I'm glad we are playing better.

vCash
    Actually your team has a shooter. And a damn good one named Joe Johnson. Eversince Brook went down, and really it's more like when Deron left, he got the ball a became a premiere player.
    OPERATION "BOOM!"
    THE BLOW UP WILL BE TELEVISED

King Phil's entrance music
    I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

vCash
    They are good shooters who didn't start hitting shots until recently. We had one of the worst team 3P% in the NBA the 1st 2 months of the season. And last season we had guys like Gerald Wallace and Reggie Evans and Kris Humphries clogging up the paint next to him. Lopez isn't like the Gasol with his passing but he had improved last season on his ability to kick out the ball tho not great guys were just not hitting shots. I think the one benefit of Lopez being out is that it has allowed Blatche to improve and really work on his confidence but Lopez can be the anchor to a good offense while Blatche cannot. We'd be even more dangerous right now if Lopez were healthy.
    So the Nets' 3-point shooting has improved since Brook got injured. Perhaps because of crisper passing and better ball movement.

Gerald Wallace certainly was not clogging up the paint, and as for Humph and Evans, somebody had to get some rebounds.

vCash
    So the Nets' 3-point shooting has improved since Brook got injured. Perhaps because of crisper passing and better ball movement.

Gerald Wallace certainly was not clogging up the paint, and as for Humph and Evans, somebody had to get some rebounds.
    bye credibility. LOLS
    OPERATION "BOOM!"
    THE BLOW UP WILL BE TELEVISED

King Phil's entrance music
    I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast