Carolina is 3-2 vs Playoff teams
    Denver...4-3
    Indy...4-2
    NE..2-2
    NO...2-3
    SD...5-2
    SF...2-4
    Sea...3-2

The Chargers success and the Niners lack of it stand out there. The AFC teams obviously doing a better job.

As we all know the Chargers got lucky to even be here but as we also see they did play more good teams and beat more good teams than anyone else. And they have owned Denver in Denver recently.

winning this year
    losing 23-30
    winning 29-24
    winning 33-28
    winning 33-3

But despite all that I do see a Niner win and a Charger loss.

While here....

Teams that have never won a SB

Chargers
    Titans
    Jags
    Bills
    Browns
    Bengals
    Seahawks
    Cards
    Lions
    Eagles
    Panthers
    Falcons
    Vikings
    Last edited by CCRider; 01-09-2014 at 02:12 AM.

vCash
    who the **** are the chargers losing to if they are 5-2 against playoff teams? so they are 4-5 against non-playoff teams?
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    who the **** are the chargers losing to if they are 5-2 against playoff teams? so they are 4-5 against non-playoff teams?
    they lost to the raiders, texans, and redskins this year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    God damn that's pathetic.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    how is that even possbile. how can they be so good against playoff teams and come up short to the celler dwellers of the league

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)

vCash
    Yea, wouldn't really read too much into the Niners 2-4 record.

All of their losses came without Crabtree.

They lost by one to the Panthers with a depleted team, 3 to the Saints on a questionable call.

They did get their ***** handed to them by the Hawks and Colts, but don't forget that was in week 2 and 3.

This is a much different team than then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudvayne387 View Post

They lost by one to the Panthers with a depleted team, 3 to the Saints on a questionable call.

They did get their ***** handed to them by the Hawks and Colts, but don't forget that was in week 2 and 3.

I agree with all that. It is better to just forget the first half of the season since we've seen so many teams in the past look totally different the second half.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudvayne387 View Post

except the hawks did that to them last year in seattle at the end of the year as well. i wouldn't write that one off, nor would i write the colts one off given who else they have beaten this year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    how is that even possbile. how can they be so good against playoff teams and come up short to the celler dwellers of the league
    Tell me about it...

The San Diego Chargers are famous, or infamous, for playing up or down to the level of their competition. Drives Charger fans absolutely batshxt crazy. We lost in the last seconds to the Texans opening game of the season. We lost to the Titans, Raiders, Redskins in very winnable games due to silly errors.

... sigh ... it's what we do...

vCash
    I'd consider the Cardinals a playoff team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by giantspwn View Post
    I'd consider the Cardinals a playoff team.
    It does suck the way it's done doesn't it?

vCash
    Great thread. Looking at all those records is a slap in the face reminder to everyone that anything is possible.

An additional set of interesting stats would be home and away records vs. playoff teams and point differential vs. playoff teams. Back to work OP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    Great thread. Looking at all those records is a slap in the face reminder to everyone that anything is possible.

An additional set of interesting stats would be home and away records vs. playoff teams and point differential vs. playoff teams. Back to work OP.
    I could do home/road I have that info.

vCash
    Dunno CC... call it "Charger syndrome" a long wasting disease... get really nervous when anyone starts speaking well, even vaguely, of my team...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chargerSD View Post
    Dunno CC... call it "Charger syndrome" a long wasting disease... get really nervous when anyone starts speaking well, even vaguely, of my team...
    What a shame that Fouts, Muncie, Joiner, Jefferson and Winslow Charger team sucked on defense. That was one of the greatest offensive teams ever.

Danny Woodhead the next Dickie Post.

Well the wise guys do see the Chargers hanging tight, and they have done great in Denver lately.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast