Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suggs

vCash

Suggs

Read here

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?story...74&src=desktop

You best bet if he's let go he will be a jet, and we all know Rex with his former players, and our salary cap being the highest it's been in years. Linebacker is a position that needs to be addressed with pace being a free against but idk this sounds too good

vCash
    If this happens Rex should have TSuggs numbers on speed dial.

vCash
    I would like Suggs but would also like a draft pick..

Maybes its me buy If a New York gm talked the way Ozzie did in that interview the media would be tearing him apart..

vCash
    I think anyone playing alongside Coples, Sheldon, and Mo has potential to be a 10+ sack player. I think we saw that in Pace this year as I don't really recall Pace dominating lineman.

Now does bringing in Suggs make him a 15+ sack guy? Does Coples become a 10+ since defenses focus on Suggs who is a dominant pass rusher?

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    If we dump pace, yes. I would bring him in for a reasonable price. I would also like to keep Reed around if he would stay for cheap.

I still think we need to draft a young guy but this could buy us a year to develop one

My Minions
    Prepare for the rain.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS TURN! View Post
    I would like Suggs but would also like a draft pick..

Maybes its me buy If a New York gm talked the way Ozzie did in that interview the media would be tearing him apart..

Not if that New York GM had two Super Bowl trophies like Ozzie to back it up. With that said, I'd love to see Suggs in Green & White. The "student" would be back with the "teacher" again.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    I think anyone playing alongside Coples, Sheldon, and Mo has potential to be a 10+ sack player. I think we saw that in Pace this year as I don't really recall Pace dominating lineman.

Now does bringing in Suggs make him a 15+ sack guy? Does Coples become a 10+ since defenses focus on Suggs who is a dominant pass rusher?
    Great points which is why I believe the Jets can address this need in the draft with either of our 3rd round picks in spite of the fact that I love, love, love Kyle Van Noy from BYU. Of course, if they chose to go FA, I think Jason Worilds from the Steelers would be a great fit. I think he'll cost a bit, though. And we have needs at S, CB, WR to obligate money for.

vCash
    ravens fell apart quick huh?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    Great points which is why I believe the Jets can address this need in the draft with either of our 3rd round picks in spite of the fact that I love, love, love Kyle Van Noy from BYU. Of course, if they chose to go FA, I think Jason Worilds from the Steelers would be a great fit. I think he'll cost a bit, though. And we have needs at S, CB, WR to obligate money for.
    Kyle Van Noy?

The guy is being projected as a mid to late 1st or early 2nd rounder and you want him in the 3rd.

Good luck with those pipe dreams.

Maybe you can get Sammy Watkins in the 3rd too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Kyle Van Noy?

The guy is being projected as a mid to late 1st or early 2nd rounder and you want him in the 3rd.

Good luck with those pipe dreams.

Maybe you can get Sammy Watkins in the 3rd too.
    You mis-understood me. I'm fully aware we would have to burn our 1st or in a fortunate scenario, our 2nd rounder. This is why I said we should use a 3rd rounder on that position in spite of my opinion that Van Noy would be awesome for this team. In no way do I believe Van Noy would reach the 3rd.

vCash
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE94HQxNC2M

Yeah he's 31, but he still has at least 2 more good years left in the tank.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSCOURGE View Post
    ravens fell apart quick huh?
    the jets will be in the same position soon enough.. the jets will be decimated by the free agency market in due time. the jets will not be able to keep everyone when guys are in there prime and command big contracts..
    5 years. unless the salary cap system has changes ..that's why its important to maximize this team and win a superbowl asap.

I say this cause. if we find a franchise quarterback, geno draft etc. in 5 years they will have a sanchez contract if not for more money. if the jets get a franchise qb in prime years through the free agency market its going to cost ... the defensive players are going to demand money starting next year. who ever we draft this year, that becomes a star will want money in 3 years...

when a team wins a superbowl or is considered a elite team, that team is targeted by other teams for its free agents..

as far as having suggs on the jets. why not it the price is right. I would keep pace. rotating coples, pace , suggs and a young fast guy..
    Last edited by SINATRACITY; 01-09-2014 at 09:54 AM.

vCash
    Suggs and Coples on the outside = holy ****

vCash
    Not being able to keep good people due to FA is exactly why we need to have a 3 year plan to get to the Super Bowl or consistently have a shot.

By putting a good system in place will allow us to keep winning through player loss after that.

Now we need a very good QB for once because with one, winning with changing pieces is always so much easier.

Related to this post...yes, get Suggs...just don't blow our wallet...
    Last edited by Dem Phils!!!; 01-09-2014 at 10:36 AM. Reason: eh...why not

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dem Phils!!! View Post
    Not being able to keep good people due to FA is exactly why we need to have a 3 year plan to get to the Super Bowl or consistently have a shot.

By putting a good system in place will allow us to keep winning through player loss after that.

Now we need a very good QB for once because with one, winning with changing pieces is always so much easier.

Related to this post...yes, get Suggs...just don't blow our wallet...
    I here player after player say in this game you never know, you have to take advantage of every opportunity. I think the jets let an opportunity pass them by. get in and anything can happen on sunday.. rex proved it already when he got in twice.. this year with a bad team rex almost made it. I wouldn't care if it was wild card and on the road. got to get a quarterback and a punter.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast