Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Kupchak: Lakers looking to make moves before trade deadline

Mark Medina ‏@MarkG_Medina
    Just got off the phone w/ Mitch Kupchak. Cited most of struggles on injuries and lauded Mike D'Antoni for how he handled roster

Mitch wouldn't divulge specifics but leading up to the Feb. 20 trade deadline, he's looking to make moves

Mitch also has no second thoughts on Kobe's 2-year, $48.5 million extension. Optimistic Kobe will return from his knee injury w/out issues

vCash
    yawn

vCash
    Trade everyone and forfeit the season! Easy tank!

vCash
    Yup...like window shopping with no money. Don't see how they could "make moves" if they don't have any assets to trade with. I am confused, first he laudes D'Antoni for handling the roster with all the injuries, but yet he wants to make trades not waiting for the players to get healthy and come back? Makes no sense. Can't trade an injured player, and the ones left no one wants. Pau won't be traded because they can't get what they want from anyone without taking on huge amounts of salary. I think he just says this kind of stuff to appease us into thinking they are going to get better. I am now officially on the tank wagon.

vCash
    I hope it's not a move to make us better man...just let us keep losing...when the season started I wasn't up for tanking, if we could get the 8 seed then I was down, let's go...but if we're at the point now where we can't even get a playoff spot then why? What's the point of getting the 10th spot?

vCash
    I honestly think we need new front office personnel. Bring in some new blood.

vCash
    sheep food

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    ^This. About time don't ya think? Our front office is clinging to that ill-fated trade that had us get CP3 for about 3 hours, only to have the Commish veto it. All the time saying "See what we did, it coulda worked out fabulous". No one talks about the trades for Nash (2 #1s, 2 #2s), Ramon Sessions (2012 #1). When they could have got out of luxury tax hell, they wouldn't pull the trigger on the Pau deal because they were afraid of backlash if they didn't get someone good in return? Puhlease....most people on this board would have cheered if Pau left and it got us out of the repeater tax, at least then next year we would have had the mid-level to use too. Time for house-cleaning. Would not at all mind if Phil took over as GM, and the Girlfriend took over as CEO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jsthornton7 View Post
    Just got off the phone w/ Mitch Kupchak. Cited most of struggles on injuries and lauded Mike D'Antoni for how he handled roster

Mitch wouldn't divulge specifics but leading up to the Feb. 20 trade deadline, he's looking to make moves

Mitch also has no second thoughts on Kobe's 2-year, $48.5 million extension. Optimistic Kobe will return from his knee injury w/out issues
    Thanks for posting as always, but how does Medina think this is news -- other than the lame humble-brag about how Mitch talked to him on the phone?

We just watched the Lakers flog Pau for days on end, and now we're supposed to be surprised to learn that the Lakers front office is looking to making some personnel moves?

What other great secrets did Medina learn in this intimate phone conversation? That Kobe is injured? That the Lakers are positioning themselves for this year's loaded draft? That Shawne Williams was cut?

Hey Medina, you want to break some news, get SOMEBODY to go on the record about what's happening with Kaman!

vCash
    Until Kobe is gone I don't see FO changes making a difference. Kobe is clearly not willing to be a complimentary player on something new, so it's pointless building around him. Hopefully he heals up, gets to play another year or so, and goes on on his own terms. If the FO hasn't positioned the team to rebuild by that point then yeah, new blood. But this is a very rare circumstance, and Kobe ties their hands for now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GailGoodrich View Post
    Until Kobe is gone I don't see FO changes making a difference. Kobe is clearly not willing to be a complimentary player on something new, so it's pointless building around him. Hopefully he heals up, gets to play another year or so, and goes on on his own terms. If the FO hasn't positioned the team to rebuild by that point then yeah, new blood. But this is a very rare circumstance, and Kobe ties their hands for now.
    I'm not disagreeing, but it was the FO that gave Kobe that ridiculous contract to begin with. In my opinion, he would've taken 15 mill per if they offered it to him. They **** the bed on that contract.

Kobe is worth more than that, but it absolutely kills our cap situation. That being said, there is nobody worth getting this offseason anyways. 2015 there is Love... but 2016 when Kobe expires, that Durant guy who will be in his prime become an UFA.

Tank this year, get a top 5-6 pick. Go from there

vCash
    I find it absolutely crazy that Mitch in the Medina interview would say "D'Antoni is doing a great job" Seriously? We spent $3.2 million on Kaman (who functions better in D'Antoni's offense than Hill/Sacre), but he won't play him? He burys him on the end of the bench, while playing Kelly/Sacre/Williams/ who in years past wouldn't even make a Laker team roster coming out of training camp. He buried Jordan Hill when he was playing with the Knicks, and didn't think a thing of it, but he has no choice to play him here, and low and behold look how good he is doing. But yet he still only gets about 12 minutes of burn a night? Maybe both the GM and the coaching staff need to go? Mitch also says that no team should tank because it is bad for the sport? Really? So is making all the dumb trades and signing washed up free agents over the years. Leaving no potential draft picks to get better for the future. This is quickly becoming 2 of the most frustrating years in Laker history.

vCash
    I'm not disagreeing, but it was the FO that gave Kobe that ridiculous contract to begin with. In my opinion, he would've taken 15 mill per if they offered it to him. They **** the bed on that contract.
    Completely agree with who screwed up. Got nothing but love and respect for GG but he is the ultimate Kobe H8r.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ohdouger View Post
    I find it absolutely crazy that Mitch in the Medina interview would say "D'Antoni is doing a great job" Seriously? We spent $3.2 million on Kaman (who functions better in D'Antoni's offense than Hill/Sacre), but he won't play him? He burys him on the end of the bench, while playing Kelly/Sacre/Williams/ who in years past wouldn't even make a Laker team roster coming out of training camp. He buried Jordan Hill when he was playing with the Knicks, and didn't think a thing of it, but he has no choice to play him here, and low and behold look how good he is doing. But yet he still only gets about 12 minutes of burn a night? Maybe both the GM and the coaching staff need to go? Mitch also says that no team should tank because it is bad for the sport? Really? So is making all the dumb trades and signing washed up free agents over the years. Leaving no potential draft picks to get better for the future. This is quickly becoming 2 of the most frustrating years in Laker history.
    What do you expect him to say? We're very disappointed in D'Antoni and might let him go. What does that do? And who admits to tanking? You want him to tell a reporter that we're gonna try to lose on purpose? No. He'll say the right things but will do otherwise.

vCash
    ^lol wtf were you expecting out of this year.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast