Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

the Mets as is how many wins do you predict

lets add a little flavor to it, will also add in if they get drew.

without drew
    75 wins
    with drew
    81 wins

vCash
    I don't think they are 1 game better than last year with or without Drew. I think they'll be closer to .500 or slightly better on the backs of their young pitching, hopefully a better pen (depending on how they slot pitchers and who they sign to fill out the bullpen), and improved fielding with this current roster.

Hopefully they sign Drew and can be a little better than that.

And yes I know projections for cumulative team WAR say otherwise.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-08-2014 at 05:49 PM.

vCash
    Rosters aren't set yet, so it's hard to predict our wins right now.

I think our depth is improved substantially. I predict us winning 81 games as of right now. I could see 84 with Drew on board. That puts us in excellent position come 2015 with Harvey coming back and full season of Thor.

vCash
    I made the prediction on New Years 82-80. I'm gonna stand by that.

vCash
    Right now, this team is probably an 82-84 win team. Improvement at SS, and a good year from Ike, and they could push 88-90.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    I'm thinking 75-80 wins, I don't think we're going to get much production at short and Ike will be better but not enough to get the team over .500. The Mets are definitely on their way to being contenders again and are better off this year than the prior 2, but there are still too many holes. Hopefully another top 10 protected pick next year and a good offseason and this team is well on its way to being over .500.
    This is just the beginning. Let's keep it up. History is bound to repeat itself. Let's hope that this time it's for the best.

vCash
    Right now I see an 78-81 win team.

The Future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Rosters aren't set yet, so it's hard to predict our wins right now.

I think our depth is improved substantially. I predict us winning 81 games as of right now. I could see 84 with Drew on board. That puts us in excellent position come 2015 with Harvey coming back and full season of Thor.
    I agree. A lot also rides on if we get production from 1b and C.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santana4Prez'08 View Post
    I'm thinking 75-80 wins, I don't think we're going to get much production at short and Ike will be better but not enough to get the team over .500. The Mets are definitely on their way to being contenders again and are better off this year than the prior 2, but there are still too many holes. Hopefully another top 10 protected pick next year and a good offseason and this team is well on its way to being over .500.
    Another Top 10 pick? God no. What a failure that would be.

vCash

the Mets as is how many wins do you predict

I believe as is this is about an 82-84 win team. Add Drew and get a break or two, this is a high 80s win.

That puts you right in the hunt for a playoff spot.

We'll Leave a Light On For You

Believers: METMANYAK, FoC, Gotta, WrigheyesMVP, Mr. Koobs

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    Team as it stands right now is 74-79. I see lateral moves, nothing more. I'm not sold on the hype marketing.

Starting pitching is fragile lacking proven depth and BP is not fully assembled. Serious weakness at SS. Can d"Arnaud stay healthy? Improved OF with Granderson. Young has something to prove and could have a nice season.

I'd rather have Murph starting than EYjr any day. EYjr is a 4th outfielder and replacement runner.

With the Gnats and Bravos tweaking their rosters, the Minnows making some positive moves and with only the Fillies nosediving the NL East isn't going to be easy.
    Last edited by Paulie6986; 01-08-2014 at 10:37 PM.

My Vote For 2014 Mets Starting SS.

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Another Top 10 pick? God no. What a failure that would be.
    I don't think we will be far from it. I am going with 78 wins, and 12th worst record. I think we will play over our heads early in the year and fade after the allstar break like our recent pattern has dictated. Not trying to be negative, because I really do believe we will contend in 2015, but I think that we have a few things working against us next year:

-Lack of Harvey
    -I think it will take us a while to figure out what we have in the bullpen. I think we have the internal parts to have an excellent bullpen, but it will take a while for it to gel and the young pitching to mature. So, that will effect us quite a bit, but will not be worthless because it is building to what I think can be a great pen by 2015
    -I think we are going to see that Lagares is not a starting player, and I do not predict a year out of Young that would warrant any effort to bring him back.

vCash
    FanGraphs' projections have the Mets at 30 WAR. That's about 78 wins.

I haven't done my own projections but that sounds about right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyJerZ View Post
    I don't think we will be far from it. I am going with 78 wins, and 12th worst record. I think we will play over our heads early in the year and fade after the allstar break like our recent pattern has dictated. Not trying to be negative, because I really do believe we will contend in 2015, but I think that we have a few things working against us next year:

-Lack of Harvey
    -I think it will take us a while to figure out what we have in the bullpen. I think we have the internal parts to have an excellent bullpen, but it will take a while for it to gel and the young pitching to mature. So, that will effect us quite a bit, but will not be worthless because it is building to what I think can be a great pen by 2015
    -I think we are going to see that Lagares is not a starting player, and I do not predict a year out of Young that would warrant any effort to bring him back.
    completely agreed. the fact is that this team, as is, is still not a winning club. its that simple. its building toward sustained success and I would rather have that, as a fan, then go all in one off season just to have some mediocre years and then fall off like what happened the past 5 years. it takes top picks that are protected to rebuild. it sucks that our record is not good, but we need to continue to sign and draft well the way this offseason was done (minus chris young, but who knows he could prove me wrong).

it would not be a failure if theres another top 10 pick, it would be another step in the right direction (as long as scrubs like cecchini aren't drafter because he was a total waste). i'm happy with the growth of the team the past calendar year, hopefully more improvements can be made.
    This is just the beginning. Let's keep it up. History is bound to repeat itself. Let's hope that this time it's for the best.

vCash
    80 as will be the number of wins do I predict.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast