Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Wallace sounds off

http://nesn.com/2014/01/gerald-walla...g-to-the-wall/

Gerald Wallace was not surprised to see Jared Sullinger get ejected after a couple of borderline flagrant fouls on Tuesday. The way the Boston Celtics have played the last two games, Wallace did not see why any call should go the Celtics’ way until they start to play like they mean it. “Everything was going their way, so why should [we] get the benefit of the doubt?” Wallace said after Boston’s 129-98 loss, according to Gary Washburn of The Boston Globe. “We’re not playing worth crap anyway.” The Celtics have lost eight of their last nine games and have given up their two highest opponent point totals of the season in the last two games. They have gone through rough patches before, each time saying all the right things and coming out with a very brief turnaround, but talk is starting to become cheap. Wallace is looking for action, not just words. “I’m very surprised,” Wallace told the Globe. “Right now, we’re the team that’s all talk. We talk about how we want to get better. We talk about things we need to do to get better. It’s easy to go out and practice and do it. Practice doesn’t really apply to anything with making yourself better. When they turn them lights on, when it really counts, when it’s about the team and making the team better and trying to win as a team, we don’t do it.” Wallace, who called out his teammates for “selfish” play during their 2-6 preseason and accused players of “stat-padding” in November, scoffed at the suggestion that the players need to meet to sort out their issues. “We done met, we done talked, we done did everything, we done argued, fussed, complained, moaned, everything you can do,” he said. “It doesn’t matter in here. It matters out there on the court. And until we can take all the talk and everything that we say in here and apply it out on the court, it’s useless, it’s basically like talking to the wall.”

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    He must be sick of reading our posts also... All talk and no action...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    I mean he is right... but could you be honest AND try to shoot your way out of town at the same time?
    UNC players with NBA Rings - 14

Duke players with NBA Rings - 3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by celtNYpatsHeels View Post
    I mean he is right... but could you be honest AND try to shoot your way out of town at the same time?
    Wallace is pretty much correct with what he's saying. After one of his earlier outbursts I posited he might be trying to wear out his welcome. I understand that. If I were him at this stage of his career, I would probably want out too. As it concerns his criticisms / complaints I am reminded of something I tell young players (and their critics), Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions.

The collective on-court decision making of this team s erratic at best. Sometimes very good and at other times deplorable. And it manifests itself in many different ways. Distribution of shots / fouling / defensive lapses.

The mish mash roster doesn't help either. There is talent on this roster but there is also a redundancy in pieces / parts and others missing. They will overachieve some nights and woefully underachieve others. Still an entertaining group to watch if one doesn't get caught up in wins / losses.

For instance, the current story line I find interesting is Crawford's decent from his peak play earlier and increasing struggles as Rondo's return nears. Is he looking over his shoulder and pressing to hard? Is this who Crawford really is? Is he thinking back to last season where he played well then watched Wall take his minutes? For those wanting to sell high on Crawford, has the time already passed?
    Current
    Rajon Rondo, Phil Pressey
    Jerryd Bayless, Chris Babb
    Jeff Green, Chris Johnson
    Brandon Bass, Jared Sullinger
    Kris Humphries, Kelly Olynyk, Joel Anthony

Injured
    Avery Bradley
    Gerald Wallace
    Keith Bogans
    Victor Faverani

Colton Iverson (stashed overseas)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post

The collective on-court decision making of this team s erratic at best. Sometimes very good and at other times deplorable. And it manifests itself in many different ways. Distribution of shots / fouling / defensive lapses.
    Young team... Young coach... No true PG... And definitely no true leader(s)...

The mish mash roster doesn't help either. There is talent on this roster but there is also a redundancy in pieces / parts and others missing. They will overachieve some nights and woefully underachieve others. Still an entertaining group to watch if one doesn't get caught up in wins / losses.
    The SG audition will continue with Brooks now...

For instance, the current story line I find interesting is Crawford's decent from his peak play earlier and increasing struggles as Rondo's return nears. Is he looking over his shoulder and pressing to hard? Is this who Crawford really is? Is he thinking back to last season where he played well then watched Wall take his minutes? For those wanting to sell high on Crawford, has the time already passed?
    Streaky player...

How high was really high for him...??? I would have been happy with a 2nd rd pick this year...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    DAnny's comment on Brooks is interesting.

Crawford and Bradley are beginning to take a disproportionate number of the shots. Are we looking at a Rondo / Brooks pairing? I just don't know where DAnny is headed with this.
    Current
    Rajon Rondo, Phil Pressey
    Jerryd Bayless, Chris Babb
    Jeff Green, Chris Johnson
    Brandon Bass, Jared Sullinger
    Kris Humphries, Kelly Olynyk, Joel Anthony

Injured
    Avery Bradley
    Gerald Wallace
    Keith Bogans
    Victor Faverani

Colton Iverson (stashed overseas)

vCash
    They'll probably just give him minutes to showcase him and have him as a slight asset in a trade rather than a salary throw in.

vCash
    If Green, Wallace, KO, and Hump took about 6 more FGA per game collectively the guards could chill a bit.

There is no cure for Brooks, just get him out of here, one way or another.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    I dont know how teams aren't calling about Hump. He's very productive and he's a big expiring deal.

We would need to take back a player or multiple players that make >8m for it to work, but I'm sure there's options.
    Last edited by Corey; 01-10-2014 at 05:48 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I dont know how teams aren't calling about Hump. He's very productive and he's a big expiring deal.

We would need to take back a player or multiple players that make >8m for it to work, but I'm sure there's options.
    He's a smart player, but he can't jump for crap anymore, but he could be a nice 7th guy for some team. I'm not sure how much we get, it would have to be a 3 way deal to get a decent player - or if we are taking trash back for 2 years + then we'll be talking a pick - depending on how bad the trash is we'll know.

vCash
    ^^ His value just got higher ,tonight is the best i have seen him play .
    Basketball is like war in that offensive weapons are developed first, and it always takes a while for the defense to catch up.

Red Auerbach