Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 146
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Coral Springs, FL
    Posts
    12,982
    vCash
    1500

    piazza robbed again

    hall of fame becomes more of a joke by the year

    btw who the **** voted for armando benitez for the hall of fame?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    18,812
    vCash
    1500
    Frank Thomas was the first steroid era player elected. Very strange to me that he gets in and Piazza doesn't.


    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,813
    vCash
    1500
    Thomas is perceived as clean. Piazza, rightly or wrongly, is not

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    17,793
    vCash
    5000
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Frank Thomas was the first steroid era player elected. Very strange to me that he gets in and Piazza doesn't.
    yeah I don't get that.

    I completely understand questioning every player from that era. I don't understand why Frank Thomas or certain players randomly get a pass.
    "If we could talk about it and get (to the playoffs), it would've already been done. We know that talking won't get it done. We have to earn it." - Jets Coach Rex Ryan
    #hatersgonnahate

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    18,812
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinde View Post
    Thomas is perceived as clean. Piazza, rightly or wrongly, is not
    Piazza was never linked to PED's until certain reporters started speculating after his retirement.

    I have had my suspicions about Piazza, but I also don't think Thomas was clean. I don't see how these guys are making the distinction.

    I also don't think players should be penalized for doing something that was not only legal in the game, but encouraged.


    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    San Juan, PR.
    Posts
    3,527
    vCash
    1500
    The main problem is the writers because most of them are old and have very different point of view of baseball they are still stuck in old-school baseball. This shows a lot of ignorance by the HOF voters everyone is innocent until proven guilty there is no reason to not vote for Clemens or Bonds there is no eveidence they used PED's.



    The Future

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    51,156
    vCash
    1500
    I don't know about you guys, but I hardly care about the HOF. I just want to win as many games as possible now and in the future. If he gets in, great. If not, I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    San Juan, PR.
    Posts
    3,527
    vCash
    1500
    How do we know if Glavine and Maddux we're clean?



    The Future

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,813
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Piazza was never linked to PED's until certain reporters started speculating after his retirement.

    I have had my suspicions about Piazza, but I also don't think Thomas was clean. I don't see how these guys are making the distinction.

    I also don't think players should be penalized for doing something that was not only legal in the game, but encouraged.
    When the subject of PEDs comes up in interviews Mike doesn't defend himself vigorously or even give an unequivocol denial. I think he justifiably does not want to be outed as a liar.

    I'n not sure why Thomas gets a pass. It may be because he has issued anti-PED statements, which could be complete BS.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    30,564
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Piazza was never linked to PED's until certain reporters started speculating after his retirement.

    I have had my suspicions about Piazza, but I also don't think Thomas was clean. I don't see how these guys are making the distinction.

    I also don't think players should be penalized for doing something that was not only legal in the game, but encouraged.
    I was watching MLB's panel discussion last night which included our own Ron Darling. Don't remember who said it but someone opined, "At least we know Thomas was clean."

    And I'm like, HUH?????

    I've said it before, I'll say it again:

    All players from that era are guilty until proven innocent. And i think that is completely fair.

    Piazza and the whole lot of them remained silent while their entirely industry juiced. It is their own silence that indicts them.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,813
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mets100% View Post
    The main problem is the writers because most of them are old and have very different point of view of baseball they are still stuck in old-school baseball. This shows a lot of ignorance by the HOF voters everyone is innocent until proven guilty there is no reason to not vote for Clemens or Bonds there is no eveidence they used PED's.
    I get the argument for ignoring peds but am not sure I agree with it.

    But there is ample evidence that Bonds and Clemons used.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    885
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mets100% View Post
    How do we know if Glavine and Maddux we're clean?

    We don't. This is why the writers in current years have shown they are not deserving to elect players any longer. They put far to much personal opinion and hear say in their votes. lts a joke now.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    18,812
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mets100% View Post
    How do we know if Glavine and Maddux we're clean?
    We don't. They are both perceived as being clean because they weren't hard throwers.


    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    18,812
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    I was watching MLB's panel discussion last night which included our own Ron Darling. Don't remember who said it but someone opined, "At least we know Thomas was clean."

    And I'm like, HUH?????

    I've said it before, I'll say it again:

    All players from that era are guilty until proven innocent. And i think that is completely fair.

    Piazza and the whole lot of them remained silent while their entirely industry juiced. It is their own silence that indicts them.
    This goes beyond the players. The managers, GM's, owners, MLB executives, and even the media all turned a blind eye. This goes all the way to Selig. All the people who deny this are liars. The writers included.


    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    30,564
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    This goes beyond the players. The managers, GM's, owners, MLB executives, and even the media all turned a blind eye. This goes all the way to Selig. All the people who deny this are liars. The writers included.
    Yep. Especially owners and execs.

    Not sure how media fits into the blame though. Ultimately it was a reporter's curiosity about what McGwire was doing with a bottle of android in his locker that set the whole thing in motion. Before that everyone was thinking they must be winding the baseballs too tight.

    Could the media have been more aggressive, more proactive in their work to bring the story to light sooner? Perhaps but i don't think there was any grand coverup going on. Remember, for the longest time, we believed that weight lifting would impede, not promote, a player's performance. I think the media merely reflected that attitude.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •