Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: If the Raps make a playoff push, what kind of addition to the team would like to see?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Defesnive Stopper on the Wing

5 33.33%
  • Peremeter Scorer

1 6.67%
  • Combo Guard off the bench

2 13.33%
  • A Center off the Bench (need to get bigger)

7 46.67%
  • Other (post in thread)

0 0%
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Game 34 (TOR v. DET) Jan 8: Raps Look Take Apart the Pistons at the ACC

(14-21)..............(16-17)
    DETROIT PISTONS v. TORONTO RAPTORS

NBA Game Overview
    ESPN Preview

Date: January 8 2014
    Time: 7:00 PM
    TV: Sportsnet

AMIR JOHNSON ON THE RAPS AFTER LOSS TO PACERS

PROJECTED STARTING LINEUPS:

PG...........SG..........SF..........PF...........C

JENNINGS----POPE----SMITH----MONROE----DRUMMOND

PG...........SG..........SF..........PF...........C

LOWRY----DEROZAN----ROSS----JOHNSON----VALANCIUNAS

STATS:

Key Match UP

KYLE LOWRY v. BRANDON JENNINGS

MHC TAKE:

Still to come

Go Raptors

Last edited by Mile High Champ; 01-08-2014 at 03:56 PM.

vCash
    Must.win

vCash
    Will be at the game tonight, we can't lose this game.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [x]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

Canadian in Carolina. University of South Carolina Beaufort.
    vCash
    must win to get back on track. gives us a shot at 3rd place as well!!! huge game. were the better team. i can see it being down to the wire though. thankfully were finally a team who can close.
    http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/11/NOAH.gif

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 2014 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!- BEASTMODE

BLUE JAYS

twitter
    https://twitter.com/NicolasONeill_

vCash
    What time did the guys get in? I can kinda see them tired this game.

vCash
    Josh Smith/Terrence Ross is a very odd SF matchup. It will be interesting to see how long Casey keeps that matchup and whether he elects to get Salmons or Fields more time dealing with Smith.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Josh Smith/Terrence Ross is a very odd SF matchup. It will be interesting to see how long Casey keeps that matchup and whether he elects to get Salmons or Fields more time dealing with Smith.
    They're going to play Josh on the wing to start which shouldn't be too terrible. As long as you make him fall in love with his jump shot you have a good chance of limiting him. & since Drummond is useless away from the basket you can load up on Smith if he decides to take Ross down low. Smith might have a hard time chasing Ross off of those screens & guarding him off the dribble. I could however see Smith starting off guarding Derozan though. I don't think they trust KCP enough to put him vs. Dero.
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    I think we lose this one. That travel schedule from miami->indy->toronto is brutal given the delays. I don't see us playing any better than last night, and I don't see it being enough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    They're going to play Josh on the wing to start which shouldn't be too terrible. As long as you make him fall in love with his jump shot you have a good chance of limiting him. & since Drummond is useless away from the basket you can load up on Smith if he decides to take Ross down low. Smith might have a hard time chasing Ross off of those screens & guarding him off the dribble. I could however see Smith starting off guarding Derozan though. I don't think they trust KCP enough to put him vs. Dero.
    I totally expect to see Smith guarding DeRozan tonight. They may experiment with Caldwell-Pope, but Smith should get the lions share of defensive possessions against DeRozan. By reputation and skill set, Smith should be the guy to limit DeRozan, I haven't really seen him play this year though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Guy View Post
    I think we lose this one. That travel schedule from miami->indy->toronto is brutal given the delays. I don't see us playing any better than last night, and I don't see it being enough.
    At least the Pistons are on a back to back as well, also playing for the 3rd time in 4 nights. They are also 1-7 in their last 8 games. Rough stretch for them. I have no idea what is going on with that team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I totally expect to see Smith guarding DeRozan tonight. They may experiment with Caldwell-Pope, but Smith should get the lions share of defensive possessions against DeRozan. By reputation and skill set, Smith should be the guy to limit DeRozan, I haven't really seen him play this year though.
    Piston's help D has been terrible this season. Hopefully Derozan can exploit the increased attention and look to find his teammates in opportunities to score.
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    Piston's help D has been terrible this season. Hopefully Derozan can exploit the increased attention and look to find his teammates in opportunities to score.
    You would think with athletes like Drummond and Smith, help defense would be a strength. They are a very hard team for me to understand. Hopefully tonight's game will generate some insight for me. On paper, this group should be much better.

vCash
    both teams played last night. pistons are dummies tho.

don't know how we are going to do - if we lose this one, it would hurt but we can still recover.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Guy View Post
    But Pacers are a better team than the pistons. If raptors bring their effort like 2nd half last night, I don't see how they can lose?

vCash
    Going to this one as well tonight, and hoping for a win again! (so long, tank nation!)

I'm a little wary of the back-to-back but the Pistons are in the same situation. And with the Raps playing much better than Detroit as of late I believe Toronto takes it. Two tough games against Miami and Indy where they held their own (especially against the Heat), this is their bounce-back game. So long as they come out hungry to avenge the last two losses I'm not going to be too worried.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast