Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cj2k

vCash

Cj2k

Chris Johnson said that if the Titans don't plan on giving him a bigger role next season, then he wants to go to another team.
    Johnson, a strong candidate for release thanks to his $8 million 2014 salary and 3.86 YPC in 2013, is poking the bear here. "I feel like if they are not going to use me the way I am supposed to be used and let me be the horse, then I would rather them let me move on," he said. "Their money would be wasted on me." Johnson doesn't like that he hasn't topped 300 carries in any of the last three seasons and was often yanked in goal-line and short-yardage situations. He noted that in order to hit a home run, he has "to be fed." CJ?K is likely to get his wish as he's refusing to take any kind of pay cut, meaning his six-year reign in Tennessee is likely over.
    Via ROTOWORLD

I think he would be a great compliment to Powell/Ivory if Goodson is gone. What a backfield that would be. Not sure what his pricetag would be, but if he can't catch on, I can see a cheap one or two yr deal.

Thoughts?

vCash
    I think hes going to want waaay too much money. Plus I love the combo we have now that doesnt require too much $ and neither of which are divas.

Its a passing league now. No need to spend too much money on RBs. Just get serviceable ones that can make big plays when needed.

FROM COUNTRY ROADS TO THE BIG APPLE .. FLIGHT GENO , READY FOR DEPARTURE

vCash
    CJ2K is kind of a funny name at this point since he's going on 5 years since he's done it.

What bigger role does he want?
    He's been the starter there for his whole career.
    He's rushed for at least a thousand yards every single year in the NFL.
    He gets nearly 20 touches a game

Just admit the team sucks and you want to win a championship. Just don't go to NE
    Twitter: SteveMcG87

vCash
    Not to surprised by this, and personally want none of this.

I am comfortable with our backfield assuming no changes going into next year, and dont forget Goodson can really open up the field. I think our season would have been much different with him back there as he can provide explosive plays to change the field, as opposed to merely move the chains which is what we did best.

If there was one FA RB I would want to bring in it would be Ben Tate. Him and Ivory woudl wear defenses and kill their morale/tire them out, and Goodson can take it to the house. But he will want a big payday and may be to rich for Idzik's blood. I dont want to see money allocated to this position unless it is reasonable and a good potential for ROI.

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    I'd stay away from him and MJD. At this point of their careers they're just big names who will want to get paid more than their production will probably warrant.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYflightboy View Post
    I'd stay away from him and MJD. At this point of their careers they're just big names who will want to get paid more than their production will probably warrant.
    like that bum Curtis Martin
    "If we could talk about it and get (to the playoffs), it would've already been done. We know that talking won't get it done. We have to earn it." - Jets Coach Rex Ryan
    #hatersgonnahate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    like that bum Curtis Martin
    Not at all similar. Curtis Martin ran for 3 years in NE, as opposed to CJ who has played for 5 and taken a beating. MJD has got to be nearing 10 years, with multiple surgeries and injuries.

The comparison is WAAAAAAAY off...

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post
    Not at all similar. Curtis Martin ran for 3 years in NE, as opposed to CJ who has played for 5 and taken a beating. MJD has got to be nearing 10 years, with multiple surgeries and injuries.

The comparison is WAAAAAAAY off...
    that depends whether you want to compare him to the 25 year old Martin when he got here or the 31 year old Martin that lead the league in rushing. We got good years out of Thomas Jones as well.

I think its a waste of time chasing the old CJ2K but I think there's still some mileage on MJD. This was his 8th season and he'll be 29 next year. As long as he doesn't break our bank I could definitely see the team picking up a RB like that.
    "If we could talk about it and get (to the playoffs), it would've already been done. We know that talking won't get it done. We have to earn it." - Jets Coach Rex Ryan
    #hatersgonnahate

vCash
    Why do we continue to insist on acquiring running backs? I don't get why people don't respect the year Ivory has.

Now I know he can't catch out of the backfield, but the guy put up 4.6 YPC this year with arguably the WORST PASSING OFFENSE IN THE LEAGUE. Teams stacked the box on us and he still had more success than 3/4ths of the backs in this league. Get Goodson back who is an IDEAL fit in a WCO and I think the Jets arguably are top 5-10 in the league at the running back position.

Idzik made a STEAL grabbing Ivory last year. Get wide receiver weapons, upgrade G, and Ivory is due for a scary year if he stays healthy next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets012 View Post
    Why do we continue to insist on acquiring running backs? I don't get why people don't respect the year Ivory has.

Now I know he can't catch out of the backfield, but the guy put up 4.6 YPC this year with arguably the WORST PASSING OFFENSE IN THE LEAGUE. Teams stacked the box on us and he still had more success than 3/4ths of the backs in this league. Get Goodson back who is an IDEAL fit in a WCO and I think the Jets arguably are top 5-10 in the league at the running back position.

Idzik made a STEAL grabbing Ivory last year. Get wide receiver weapons, upgrade G, and Ivory is due for a scary year if he stays healthy next year.
    I think you alluded to the point right there, if he stays healthy. He's a beast but it comes from running violently into other big humans. That and he can't catch out of the backfield.

I don't think we need to grab any RB we can get, but if we can bring in MJD it'd be nice.
    #hatersgonnahate

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    We are about to get rid of a complaining, "throw me the ball" WR. I don't want to replace him with an RB who says give me the ball more or let's part ways.
    He's great but no thanks. Let's get guys more concerned with the team and winning even if it means them having a smaller role than they are used to having.

Welcome back dinner for Leo. We are waiting patiently. Hurry the F up! These babies don't taste as good cold.

vCash
    I think you make solid points and I agree. maybe he isnt the best fit. that being said, I wouldnt be pissed if we signed him.

vCash
    Yeah not really excited for him.

vCash
    lagarrette blount, top 5 RB in the league for years, teams cant win without a top 5 RB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets012 View Post

We don't. But those who live in Madden-land think we always have room for another. That changes if Goodson isn't retained but even so, we're not taking on a feature back anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast